Adam Gase does it his way

Maxman

Adam Gase operates on 3 hours of sleep as he breaks down film all night and leaves for the office at 4am:

”Well, per former Dolphins exec Mike Tannebaum -- now an analyst for ESPN -- he would receive texts from Gase at 4 a.m. on a daily basis. But, Tannebaum wasn't the only person the Jets boss turned to in the wee hours of the night. 

Per Pompei, wideout Kenny Stills oft found himself pleading his former coach to stop texting him after midnight because he was trying to sleep, something Gase almost never did.

If all that wasn't enough to prove that Gase is virtually married to coaching, then this alarming tale surely will. His wife, Jennifer, claims that generally gets home at 2 a.m. on the regular and reports back to work four hours later at 6 a.m. You do the math.

Additionally, when she travels to road games, Jennifer finds herself in a separate room because her husband is up analyzing film all night.“

So let’s make fun of his exhaustion. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase operates on 3 hours of sleep as he breaks down film all night and leaves for the office at 4am:

”Well, per former Dolphins exec Mike Tannebaum -- now an analyst for ESPN -- he would receive texts from Gase at 4 a.m. on a daily basis. But, Tannebaum wasn't the only person the Jets boss turned to in the wee hours of the night. 

Per Pompei, wideout Kenny Stills oft found himself pleading his former coach to stop texting him after midnight because he was trying to sleep, something Gase almost never did.

If all that wasn't enough to prove that Gase is virtually married to coaching, then this alarming tale surely will. His wife, Jennifer, claims that generally gets home at 2 a.m. on the regular and reports back to work four hours later at 6 a.m. You do the math.

Additionally, when she travels to road games, Jennifer finds herself in a separate room because her husband is up analyzing film all night.“

SAR I

His wife stays in a separate room because he is,” up all night analyzing film” huh? Hmmmm, sounds legit. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Terrible that he goes through all that and still absolutely sucks at his job. 

Peyton Manning had his two best seasons and the offensive-record-breaking Denver Broncos won the AFC Championship under Adam Gases’ direction and the Super Bowl in his third after he was hired away as a head coach.  

But you need to be miserable. So you are. 

SAR I  

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Peyton Manning had his two best seasons and the offensive-record-breaking Denver Broncos won the AFC Championship under Adam Gases’ direction and the Super Bowl in his third after he was hired away as a head coach.  

SAR I  

Typical poor person: riding around in sh*tty beemers being wrong about things.

Peyton’s best and most impressive season came in 2004 - back when Gase was still doing pixie stix.

• Upvote 2

SAR I

I will say this .. there comes a point of deminishing returns with this kind of fanatical approach ..I have seen it time and time again in my NYC job ... Guys come in ... Spend ungodly ours .. sometimes sleeping under their desks ... At work .. at first they are admired for their dedication until it becomes clear the guy that has better balance ..leaves at 6:30 and arrives a bit early in the morning ... Has three times the production over the course of the week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Image result for work smarter not harder

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Edit: You should be banned for this

Edited by Maxman
Consider this your only warning what you just did is bannable.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I will say this .. there comes a point of deminishing returns with this kind of fanatical approach ..I have seen it time and time again in my NYC job ... Guys come in ... Spend ungodly ours .. sometimes sleeping under their desks ... At work .. at first they are admired for their dedication until it becomes clear the guy that has better balance ..leaves at 6:30 and arrives a bit early in the morning ... Has three times the production over the course of the week.

I could never fit under my desk. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You would think with all that time invested he would be at least average in a some coaching capacity.

Just goes to show you in life somethings require talent.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I  

Yeah I'm sure it was totally Adam gase and not Manning who made the diff there.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Peyton Manning had his two best seasons and the offensive-record-breaking Denver Broncos won the AFC Championship under Peyton Manning's direction and the Super Bowl in pending HOF'er Manning's 16th year. 

Gase held the clipboard and encouraged Manning (who called his own plays) very well.

Gase was then hired by Chicago at the same level (OC) for another veteran QB.  He produced the 21st ranked Offense.

Then he was hired twice as a Head Coach. 

As Head Coach, he produced the 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd ranked Offenses over his four seasons to-date.

How is it that you can pull that little knowledge here on jetnation but no one on the team thought to care about it. 

I don't know how Gase got hired. I guess he was the only guy willing to take the job?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I  

I thought that was all the D?

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I have seen this play out many, many times.  It is absolutely true.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Adam can’t get fired fast enough, if only so I can stop reading your posts about him

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I  

Let’s see how Adam Gase’s offense performs with some real NFL players on the OL.

The consecutive string of Opening Drive TDs was very impressive running I think it was 6 weeks (1 TD called back on a bad penalty call). That’s more Opening Drive TDs than Mark Sanchez put up in entire first half’s over 5 years.

• Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

As we learned with Mark Sanchez, putting the time in doesn’t  = Competency.

Same applies to all the bros who run around working 16 hours days talking about hustle... but they need to work double the hours to complete half the work I do. they're not good at what they do... promoting ones self as a time martyr just makes them look incompetent.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Fabulous he studies film. Too bad this doesn’t translate to the field. When you have to work so much harder at something than everyone else, that’s not in the plus column 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1