Jets begin contract extension talks with Jamal Adams

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy brings up a good point, they should just franchise him. Would be cost beneficial 

150A234B-4999-43AD-99C2-F5B01FAE3EDF.png

That's not helpful if he begins holding out or causing locker room trouble as early as this offseason.  

Down the road, sure, it would be an option.  But Jamal entering this season without a new deal seems unlikely, whether its coming from us or someone else.  I don't think he's ultimately going to play out this season for $7M without causing trouble.  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

why does darnold get a pass in the “Jets should have drafted mahomes “ fun?

the team invested 4 draft picks in him and  and is consistently ranked in the middle 20s for QBs

adams will crack the top 20 on the NFL top 100 next year. 

2 words... Offensive Line

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

why does darnold get a pass in the “Jets should have drafted mahomes “ fun?

the team invested 4 draft picks in him and  and is consistently ranked in the middle 20s for QBs

adams will crack the top 20 on the NFL top 100 next year. 

Middle 20s is high.  And there are plenty who acknowledge that Darnold hasn’t proven worth 4 high picks.

16 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Saw this coming,  Jamal is more the face of the franchise than the QB.  Deal will be 5 years 75 million.  Sad that the Strong Safety on your team is the only star,  but it is what it is.

Everyone agrees Adams is the face of the franchise, there’s some disagreement on where on the spectrum of awful thing to good thing, that is.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Saw this coming,  Jamal is more the face of the franchise than the QB.  Deal will be 5 years 75 million.  Sad that the Strong Safety on your team is the only star,  but it is what it is.

No f*cking chance he takes a mere $15mm over five. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll feel like when Idzik and Woody re-upped Rex: disappointed, but warmed by the knowledge that history will once again prove me correct in my omniscience 

At the end of the day Adams will be a business side/Johnson call. Nothing has changed.

• Upvote 1

I’m expecting something similar to what Eddie Jackson got from the Bears. Something like 5 years $75M in new money. So, he’ll essentially be at 6 years $82M. Doing it now helps both sides. Jamal gets a large signing bonus now and guarantees. The Jets get to spread his bonus starting this year which will lower his cap hit in future years.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Tom I know you hate this guy,  but 15 Mil a year makes him the highest paid safety.  He will take it.  It more than Landon Collins by a million per.

He doesn't just want to be the highest paid Safety.  He wants to be paid among the highest-paid defensive players in the league.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn't just want to be the highest paid Safety.  He wants to be paid among the highest-paid defensive players in the league.  

No, his agent knows what his worth is and so does Jamal.  He will get the highest paid at his position.  He will get endorsements to cover the extra cash.  New York State of Mind.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

At the end of the day Adams will be a business side/Johnson call. Nothing has changed.

Extremely Knicksian

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

Tom I know you hate this guy,  but 15 Mil a year makes him the highest paid safety.  He will take it.  It more than Landon Collins by a million per.

I would bet that he doesn’t take a penny less than CJ Mosley. Adams thinks he’s the best player on the team. No way he gets paid less than the ILB

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Jamal were really a baller, people wouldn't need to use the word "baller" to describe him.  It would be obvious.  It's not.  No one uses a word like "baller" to describe Von Miller, Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald.  People call them things like "lock HOFers".  

And I actually agree that he's probably the best player we've drafted since Revis.  But that's a statement on how bad the drafts have been for over a decade, not really a statement on him being an awesome pick.  

And no one that uses a word like “triggered” can be taken seriously. 

Sorry.

All-Pro.

Is that better? 

It’s obvious to someone if he’s an All-Pro. 

6 hours ago, TeddEY said:

And yet, Jamal Adams has never won... at any level.  Is it possible, despite his accolades, that maybe he's not the key to success?

Can’t you insert a laundry list of names that “haven’t won”? Does that mean they aren’t successful?

Does one player on a 53 man roster make a difference one way or the other? Y’all act like Jamal was a top 6 pick and is a bust. He’s an All-Pro in year 3. Maybe if this team had drafted at least AVERAGE this past decade plus we’d be at least okay. When you don’t hit on a single pick in one draft your team is set up for failure. Jamal hasn’t constructed this roster. 

Bitching for the sake of bitching.

Serious question. The Jamal hating group on here..is this team any better or worse with Mahomes on the roster instead of Jamal? 

The answer is no. We don’t have the talent to compete. Jamal is a piece of the puzzle..we need to continue building around him and Sam. Not flipping him for what some delusional people here think would be two first round picks. 

If you could guarantee me two absolute stud players in the mold of Jamal..then I do the deal. Otherwise, start drafting better. Hopefully our new GM is the real deal..otherwise it’s rinse and repeat for this franchise. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Should be clarified at least once per page that, in fact, the Jets haven’t actually started negotiating an extension with Jamal Adams and this is just some sh*t he invented in his dim little head

Will you go MIA again when the NY Jets sign Jamal Adams to that longterm deal. 

25 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Serious question. The Jamal hating group on here..is this team any better or worse with Mahomes on the roster instead of Jamal? 

If you called the Chiefs and offered them Jamal Adams straight up for Pat Mahomes, do you think they’d entertain that offer? 

46 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

And no one that uses a word like “triggered” can be taken seriously. 

Sorry.

All-Pro.

Is that better? 

It’s obvious to someone if he’s an All-Pro. 

It's less obvious to some that being an All-Pro at things that don't matter much means less than being an All-Pro at things that do matter.

Jamal = World's best VHS repairman

• Upvote 1