Jets Pulling Coaches and Scouts from Road

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

it is so ridiculous how people react to this virus. Its all hysteria and overblown. They are banning public meetings, NBA attendance etc all for nothing.

People are so gullible - now this. Our Scouts staying home. Its ****ign terrible.

Thankfully in a few weeks it will run its course and be over with.

You can can try to insult me whatever. doesn't change how stupid people are for over reacting to all this BS media coverage or the irony of how you based on hysteria are calling me the flat earther. 

You better go get some more toilet paper and barricade your home...idiot

Not the place for this.

it is so ridiculous how people react to this virus. Its all hysteria and overblown. They are banning public meetings, NBA attendance etc all for nothing.

People are so gullible - now this. Our Scouts staying home. Its ****ign terrible.

Thankfully in a few weeks it will run its course and be over with.

Being naive isn't an excuse

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

My cousin is a doctor at HUMC and he’s constantly reminding us that this isn’t a joke. He’s telling us to be careful and even avoid our grandparents. Telling everyone to stay home if possible. He went out to load up on supplies since he’s quarantining himself on his days off but internet guy over here wants to be tough and make it political. 

Put it this way.  There's so much in terms of what I've actually seen this virus do that I wish I could say to back up how serious this is, but that would put my job at risk.

It's. No. Joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

Unless they plan on sitting on close-quarters with a bunch of people coughing/sneezing, basic precautions should get them by, like washing their hands, wearing masks, and not touching their faces. 

This is contrary to what experts are actually saying.  

• Upvote 2

You can can try to insult me whatever. doesn't change how stupid people are for over reacting to all this BS media coverage or the irony of how you based on hysteria are calling me the flat earther. 

It's not stupid or hysterical to send people home.  I call that a sensible middle ground.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Ehh, I don't like it. COVID-19 has shown zero signs of being airborne. It appears to be droplet. As such, some very basic precautions should suffice for these guys. Send them back out, and keep scouting.

My background is not medical, but from what I have read and heard in the media, the concern is that COVID-19 is about twice as contagious as the flu and has a higher mortality rate.  Though, I cant see how anyone will know the exact mortality rate until they know for sure how many people have the virus. It may be more people have it, but show little to know symptoms and do not report it... 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not stupid or hysterical to send people home.  I call that a sensible middle ground.  

i disagree, people lives and now our beloved jets are making decisions based on panic and fear, not because of the actual virus. A whole bunch of lives are being upended because of this foolishness. Sorry man , but sending our people home, stopping professionals sports games, cruise ships from returning home etc is crazy to me. the sensible middle ground is simply if you are over 70 and have respiratory issues sure you should be more mindful, but for the vast amount pf people they should operate normally. Wash you hands should be all the time not just now. The virus is not going to kill you. I'm in CA and it is nuts here. 

One bright side is I think this weekend I will be able to buy some flights overseas for a honeymoon at a really good price. 

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

My background is not medical, but from what I have read and heard in the media, the concern is that COVID-19 is about twice as contagious as the flu and has a higher mortality rate.  Though, I cant see how anyone will know the exact mortality rate until they know for sure how many people have the virus. It may be more people have it, but show little to know symptoms and do not report it... 

Oh, I certainly think a lot more people have it than the numbers would indicate. Both for the reasons you say, and also because some states just don't have very many testing kits anyways. 

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

i disagree, people lives and now our beloved jets are making decisions based on panic and fear, not because of the actual virus. A whole bunch of lives are being upended because of this foolishness. Sorry man , but sending our people home, stopping professionals sports games, cruise ships from returning home etc is crazy to me. the sensible middle ground is simply if you are over 70 and have respiratory issues sure you should be more mindful, but for the vast amount pf people they should operate normally. Wash you hands should be all the time not just now. The virus is not going to kill you. I'm in CA and it is nuts here. 

One bright side is I think this weekend I will be able to buy some flights overseas for a honeymoon at a really good price. 

This virus has a mortality rate 10x worse than the flu. The attending physician of Congress projected that 70-150 million people will contract this virus in the us. Witha mortality rate of 1% you're talking 700,000-1,500,000 deaths possibly and you think this is business as usual?

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Unless they plan on sitting on close-quarters with a bunch of people coughing/sneezing, basic precautions should get them by, like washing their hands, wearing masks, and not touching their faces. 

Want to fly in a closed in tube with people who may cough/sneeze/etc and possibly infected?

To go where exactly to scout who?  

49 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Might be time to change your name to BornJetsFanYesterday

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This virus has a mortality rate 10x worse than the flu. The attending physician of Congress projected that 70-150 million people will contract this virus in the us. Witha mortality rate of 1% you're talking 700,000-1,500,000 deaths possibly and you think this is business as usual?

This wont age well.

There are lot of people not tested, throwing your numbers off. Plenty of people have it with not symptoms or minor. The panic is off false narrative and bad stats. Let me know when it becomes worse than the flu or even maybe like 1/2 as bad or a 1/4 etc. right now is 38 deaths and 1800 cases. 26 were all in one nursing home in Washington. this Apocalypse scenario you roll out is even close to reality.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Might be time to change your name to BornJetsFanYesterday

your wit is too complex for me. I'm sure that is a very smart comment. well done.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My son has it and is 43 years old.  He said he has never been so sick in his life.  Probably got it flying or in the airport.  It’s not something to play with.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Joejet said:

My son has it and is 43 years old.  He said he has never been so sick in his life.  Probably got it flying or in the airport.  It’s not something to play with.

Sorry to hear that, man.  Wishing him the best.  I haven't heard too many first hand accounts and the media seems to report a wide variety of individual experience -  from people who have it and barely know it ...to those in very dire predicaments mostly of an older age.

Keep us updated....and again, wishing him a speedy recovery. 

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Saddened to hear this, good luck and best wishes to your son.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Sorry to hear that, man.  Wishing him the best.  I haven't heard too many first hand accounts and the media seems to report a wide variety of individual experience -  from people who have it and barely know it ...to those in very dire predicaments mostly of an older age.

Keep us updated....and again, wishing him a speedy recovery. 

It’s been about a week now and the fever has been gone for a couple of days but the coughing is tearing him up.  Fortunately he’s a runner and is in great shape so he should be fine.  Thanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Joejet said:

It’s been about a week now and the fever has been gone for a couple of days but the coughing is tearing him up.  Fortunately he’s a runner and is in great shape so he should be fine.  Thanks.

I'm glad to hear he's recovering.

And secretly wishing I ran more... 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Joejet said:

Could have been anywhere alot of people have it. Glad to hear line is making full recovery. That is the trend for most people. 

It sucks for the ones that are not healthy and start batting at the full count like in that retirement  home.

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hear Italy is really a bargain right now. :doctor:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This wont age well.

There are lot of people not tested, throwing your numbers off. Plenty of people have it with not symptoms or minor. The panic is off false narrative and bad stats. Let me know when it becomes worse than the flu or even maybe like 1/2 as bad or a 1/4 etc. right now is 38 deaths and 1800 cases. 26 were all in one nursing home in Washington. this Apocalypse scenario you roll out is even close to reality.

your wit is too complex for me. I'm sure that is a very smart comment. well done.

1.5 million people live in nursing homes in the US. My wife runs one with 400 residents.  They are on complete lockdown. No visitors in no residents out.  If one of the residents get it they will likely lose 50-75% of all residents.  Now multiply that by the rest of the nursing homes in America. 

People aren't getting tested bc there aren't any tests.  What don't you understand about that? And Im not the one with the apocalypse scenario.  My numbers are from the Attending Physician of Congress.  I guess the doctors are all lying. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1