Are any sports being played these days? Golf?

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Didn't they just cancel the PGA tour right up to the Masters?  The Players Championship is done. Now The Masters will have to decide what they do since they are NOT under PGA jurisdiction. 

No golfers are required to play any event.

I’d close it the public and let whoever shows up play.   

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My slow pitch softball team hasn’t had any delays announced. Come on out and support. But keep it to under 100 people.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Im playing golf this weekend...  we have a group of about 20 that gets a game at the club.  So far all OK but who knows what tomorrow brings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

NASCAR is still goin, I think 

I think they cancelled something too.  Didn't look into ti much because I would rather watch paint dry.

Actually because of all this, I think I'll actually be painting in my house this weekend haha

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I love sports, as evidence of my presence on this board, but part of me is kinda hoping that this break from sports tempers the relationship of sports and the population somewhat. The salaries, profit for owners, etc and in turn expense it cost to be a fan is just insane. Complete pipe dream I know

Its either going to do that, or the exact opposite, and the frenzy for people being happy their favorite team/sport is playing again, and they'll feel they need to make up for lost time.

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im playing golf this weekend...  we have a group of about 20 that gets a game at the club.  So far all OK but who knows what tomorrow brings.

Everything is going on as usual here also. It’s  peak season now down here for golf trips, the courses are packed. 

Leagues at my club are proceeding as usual. I’m going crazy though. I haven’t been able to play for a month due to a severe case of golfers elbow. Without sports to watch on tv, it looks like lots of beach time, or get into fishing bass. Ugh.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Everything is going on as usual here also. It’s  peak season now down here for golf trips, the courses are packed. 

Leagues at my club are proceeding as usual. I’m going crazy though. I haven’t been able to play for a month due to a severe case of golfers elbow. Without sports to watch on tv, it looks like lots of beach time, or get into fishing bass. Ugh.

That might be the only good thing about living in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin, I’m the only guy on the course.

So long as it’s 30+ degrees and >15 mph winds, I’m out there! 

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yup. just a did a golf trip with 15 guys from Jersey at Legends. It was a blast. Really windy Friday and Saturday but Sunday was tremendous.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Yup. just a did a golf trip with 15 guys from Jersey at Legends. It was a blast. Really windy Friday and Saturday but Sunday was tremendous.

Smart move.

I’d recommend the Legends group to anyone who asked me about booking a golf trip to the Myrtle Beach area.

When  my friends from Long Island come down, that’s where they stay, and it’s such a good deal, I book with them and stay there also. It’s so nice to be able to see the guys, play golf, kick back and have a few drinks without worrying about driving, having to leave the site for meals, etc. The courses are great, and they handle big groups better then anyone else here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

That might be the only good thing about living in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin, I’m the only guy on the course.

So long as it’s 30+ degrees and >15 mph winds, I’m out there! 

..if it goes BELOW 30 degrees and <15 mph winds..

5815816c20afa699d3834458387ed5ec_origina

...NO worries !    :beer:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Pronhub is giving away premium subscriptions to help in these desperate times. So there's one sport that isn't canceled. 

What a time for me to have an elbow problem.... :rolleyes:

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1