Joe Douglas first free agency thus far...

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t even be mad but we actually let every OL worth a damn walk away.

I'm to the point where I'm so disgusted, I don't want to bring up the fact that this guy, who had to know why he got this job, what he needed to fix first after watching the sh*t show last year,  just completely ruined any chance to make this offense competitive next year within 7 hours.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm to the point where I'm so disgusted, I don't want to bring up the fact that this guy, who had to know why he got this job, what he needed to fix first after watching the sh*t show last year,  just completely ruined any chance to make this offense competitive next year within 7 hours.

It may be a bit of an exaggeration but right now I don’t even want to follow this upcoming season. I don’t care what happens anymore because the Jets make decisions like they don’t care what happens anymore. It doesn’t matter who the GM, HC or QB is. It really doesn’t. Some teams just suck forever and we constantly see why.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just taking swings instead of calculated moves. This team is going no where with Gase and JD is a huge question mark. Sorry Darnold, you deserved a fighting chance.

Ah my young friend... remember yesterday when you and I talked about Douglas? You were so sure what he would do today, and I tried to rein you in.  You said you didn’t fault my “prove it to me” attitude?

You learned a lesson today PK. Remember it. Don’t get caught up in the hype. Make them prove it to you.

As you get older, you’ll see plenty of these guys come and go, and you’ll be telling a younger fan the things I tell you about guys like Darnold and Douglas.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Is Fant better than Beachum? What is the plan here?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

At this point, it isn’t to get a lot better next season. That became obvious today. 

Douglas and Gase seem intent on taking a long view here. Plug some holes on the roster with cheap lateral moves for now, draft players they like and go from there.

Who knows what they do with guys like Adams or Darnold? It’s hard to imagine they have faith in Sam to be their guy if they don’t make protecting him a priority.

We should know for sure after the draft. If they don’t go really heavy on the OL, Sam isn’t long for here, and this roster is being torn down for a complete rebuild.

• Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's almost like we keep hiring the same guy over and over because it doesn't matter because the owners suck and it's the ******* Jets. If only some group of fans had been arguing this for years, only to be branded as haters and horrible posters. But hey, what do I know.

More then me I guess, because when I say it, they say I’m only trolling. ?

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What are youbguys talking about we just signed a lineman, best on the team by the way that fits the stupid Gase system. This was good first signing. And we didn't pay too much.

Great signing 

Right, because Conklin and Glasgow don’t exist and Fant is definitely the way to go as it pertains to a safe/smart/solid option to protect Sam Darnold’s blindside. 

Right, because DeAndre Hopkins wasn’t had for less than what we could offer.

Right, because we let James Bradberry and Byron Jones’s agents hang up the phone with us and sign else where.

Right, because we’re currently interested in giving Clowney more money per year than we were willing to give any of the OL.

Right, because we haven’t signed back a single player of our own while we did nothing to add to the roster.

We did nothing yesterday. It better change. All that talking and nothing to show for it. Nothing. Fant isn’t even better than Beachum when healthy. Fant isn’t fundamentally good enough to just throw the job at him to protect the most important player on our team for an entire season. He hasn’t earned that reputation. He is a decent back up swing tackle. Nothing more. We’re paying a 27 year old raw OL for potential. Or are we saving face? Idk anymore.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's almost like we keep hiring the same guy over and over because it doesn't matter because the owners suck and it's the ******* Jets. If only some group of fans had been arguing this for years, only to be branded as haters and horrible posters. But hey, what do I know.

Groundhog day 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

If only we had Mac again and win the off season like he always did. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Right, because Conklin and Glasgow don’t exist and Fant is definitely the way to go as it pertains to a safe/smart/solid option to protect Sam Darnold’s blindside. 
Right, because DeAndre Hopkins wasn’t had for less than what we could offer.
Right, because we let James Bradberry and Byron Jones’s agents hang up the phone with us and sign else where.
Right, because we’re currently interested in giving Clowney more money per year than we were willing to give any of the OL.
Right, because we haven’t signed back a single player of our own while we did nothing to add to the roster.
We did nothing yesterday. It better change. All that talking and nothing to show for it. Nothing. Fant isn’t even better than Beachum when healthy. Fant isn’t fundamentally good enough to just throw the job at him to protect the most important player on our team for an entire season. He hasn’t earned that reputation. He is a decent back up swing tackle. Nothing more. We’re paying a 27 year old raw OL for potential. Or are we saving face? Idk anymore.
I was with you until ... _because we haven't signed back a single player of our own ... That would be a sure sign that nothing has changed ... Signing OUR guys for more than they are worth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Nowhere else in my life do I I experience being astounded and yet not surprised as I do with the management of this team. 

It's unfathomable to me that we didn't get ONE top tier free agent offensive lineman. At least the money went to cornerb- oh no. 

There is going to be WAY too much burden put on the first four picks of the draft. 

Nowhere else in my life do I I experience being astounded and yet not surprised as I do with the management of this team. 
It's unfathomable to me that we didn't get ONE top tier free agent offensive lineman. At least the money went to cornerb- oh no. 
There is going to be WAY too much burden put on the first four picks of the draft. 
... but we will have a lot of cap space in 2021

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m really disappointed. I thought for sure that Douglas would have signed a few veteran corners and two guards, even if he had to overpay for them. That would have really given me confidence in his ability to build a team.

You know, like Mike Maccagnan did in his first free agency period: https://www.nj.com/jets/2015/03/jets_offseason_move_tracker_signings_re-signings_t.html 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

In JD We Trust

In JD we HOPE. He has to prove himself. But to be disappointed this soon is completely ridiculous. Top tier free agents likely won’t come here and it’s like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. This team has already been ruined and there’s only 1 way to dig out of the hole. DRAFTING. That’s it. FA acquisitions should be value free agents where we are more likely to sign them rather than chasing the few top tier FAs that are never worth their inflated contracts and never come to the Jets anyways.

Everyone needs to relax. If JD proves to suck, then it is what it is at this point. Give him the offseason. We’ve had many sh*theads before for much longer and he came to pretty much the worst situation possible given our roster. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't count the amount of times I've read people say we have to build through the draft.  

So Douglas doesn't splurge on the high end free agents in this year and it creates utter distain for what he's doing.

I would absolutely love for something to give me a warm, fuzzy sports buzz right now.  That doesn't mean what Douglas is doing is wrong.  There are quite a few good players left in FA and the draft is still on deck.  The OL can still become markedly better than last years.  The team can still improve overall.  

Would anyone feel more reassured as a Dolphins fan right now?  They have made multiple splash moves.  Yet they completely seem to have abandoned the process they had set in place last year at this time.  That seems more "Same Old Jets" than what Douglas is doing.

So true.  I’ll evaluate Douglas on April 25th and see where we are then.   Until then, stressing over FA’s is a waste of time.  

• Upvote 4