Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Not as much as the top 4 tackles in the draft...

LOL

What does that have to do with Fant? LOL

Even if they select an OT at 11, odds are very high that Fant will be the starting LT , and the rook will be competing with Edoga at RT

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dudes want to hate on Robby for only having 5 tds last season but excited by a guy who had 6? And like 5 in 3 seasons prior? What am I missing? I want to be excited but can’t 

Nobody is hating on Robby. Most of us liked Robby and wanted him back.  But at the same time many people are acting like he was a top flight receiver or even a consistent receiver.  I loved his speed and his ability as a deep threat but he was very streaky and bedsides being a deep threat wasn’t good in other areas.  The Hets GM gave him a fair offer but he decline and wanted to play for Rhule.  I have nothing against him for doing that but I do t see it a huge blow to us to be honest 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We did get worse and our fans are applauding it.

No, fans who know, keep telling you there is more offseason, more cuts coming and the draft.

And you keep whinning over and over like a broken record repeating the same nonsense about fans applauding.  

What is wrong with you 

Anyone who doesn't understand this proves to all that they dont get it.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dudes want to hate on Robby for only having 5 tds last season but excited by a guy who had 6? And like 5 in 3 seasons prior? What am I missing? I want to be excited but can’t 

I Think the majority of fans wanted Robby back but it didn’t happen. The free agent market for WRers this year was really weak. All things considered, perriman was one of the better options remaining and the guy showed, at least for the last 5 games of the 19’ season, that he may actually be a football player that took longer than he should have to figure it out. I don’t think anyone here thinks we just landed the next desean Jackson but at least there is a little upside with this signing. If it doesn’t work out, it’s a 1 year deal...and we’re on to the next guy.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, fans who know, keep telling you there is more offseason, more cuts coming and the draft.

And you keep whinning over and over like a broken record repeating the same nonsense about fans applauding.  

What is wrong with you 

What’s wrong with me? 
what’s wrong with you? I’m being realistic  around here vs. your blind homerism. 
when the team is better I’ll say it is.
As of right now it’s not. I would go as far as to say it’s worse.  

I agree. There are still big moves we can make - I hope we make them.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Injuries?  He played 16 games as a rookie.  He is not catching a very high percentage of his targets.  For finally putting it all together, his numbers were worse than Anderson.  I also do not care at all about the age of guys on one year deals.  They are either done (Demaryius) or it doesn't matter. 

He missed his entire rookie season due to injuries, Perriman was drafted in 2015 but didn't play all year due to a torn PCL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What’s wrong with me? 
what’s wrong with you? I’m being realistic  around here vs. your blind homerism. 

"Realistic".

50 cent laughing GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I haven't seen many suggesting that Perriman is better, just that he is pretty similar at a better contract. 

Personally, I think Perriman can be a part of a group of good pass catching options alongside Crowder, Herndon, Bell, Griffin and a high draft pick rookie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Perriman feasted on I think the either the falcons or lions secondary and had 3 tds in one game

That said watching tape of the guy he’s a legit talent.  Big, fast and has ball skills. 

1 hour ago, adb280z said:

He missed his entire rookie season due to injuries, Perriman was drafted in 2015 but didn't play all year due to a torn PCL.

He had bad luck with injuries his first couple seasons and he also needed time to develop before being declared a bust

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

In what way?  I hate posts that are just "he sucks". "he blows" "noticeably worse" without any take whatsoever

Having seen several Tampa games at the end of last year, Perriman played at a WR1 level and was visibly better than Robby.  Some of this was Winston who threw him some beautiful balls but what I saw was a) similar deep speed and separation, similar hands, a better route tree (more crossing routes, slot routes), and better ball contesting. The guy is a gamble.  If he's the guy I saw at the end of last year, we're walking in clover.  If he's the old Perriman and late 2019 was a fluke, we have a $6 million dollar mistake to deal with.  I'd sign up for that risk/reward 100 out of 100 times.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, jgb said:

It's 2 years at $20 with $12 guaranteed. Thus is $10/year, not $12. We downgraded from Robby to Perriman for $2M lousy dollars (and only have Perriman for a year so even if Jet fans' wildest dreams come true he's gonna want a huge raise in 2021). This was not a very good move.

If you want to get technical Robby is guaranteed $12 million in year 1 and Perriman is guaranteed $6 million this year. The other $2 million are incentives. So it's actually a $6 million difference for 2020.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What’s wrong with me? 

Youre just whining.  You aren't realistic.  

Im a blind homer?  I know who I'm talking about, not talking out of my butt.  If I dont, I'll wait while you cruy like a baby swearing you know.  ITS WAY WORSE!!!!!!

And if someone doesnt agree with the sky is falling routine then they're just blind homers.  PFF rates Perriman higher, they're homers.  Other publications claiming we won that swap, they're blind homers.  Anyone tired of crying that every move is a major step back is a blind homer.  Pretty much anyone who doesnt agree with you and your negativity is a blind homer.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Last five games of 2019 - 25 receptions for 506 yards and 5 TDs filling in for injured Godwin and Evans.  That's 80 receptions for 1600 yards and 15 TDs over a season. I'll take that over Anderson any day.

Cherry picking the best stretch by far of a guys career isn't usually what you want to do when rating a player.  FWIW, Evans only missed the last 2 and Godwin the finale.  You can say that hurt Perriman by taking targets or helped him by drawing coverage. 

• Upvote 1

Here is what makes him better than Robby.  He is bigger, stronger, faster.  He can run multiple routes instead of basically one.  He is getting better as he ages.  Robby hasn't been as injured as much which is crazy for his size, but its hard to get hurt on fly routes except hamstrings although he was trying to run a few more routes.  The only reason I would want RA over Perriman is continuity.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Last five games of 2019 - 25 receptions for 506 yards and 5 TDs filling in for injured Godwin and Evans.  That's 80 receptions for 1600 yards and 15 TDs over a season. I'll take that over Anderson any day.

have some fun ...extrapolate browning nagles 1st game in 92 and call him a guy w/ HOIF potential

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...