3 Weeks from Today....

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thomas is going to be a steady cog for our system for years to come. Of course the UGA fan in me is a bit biased but he’s absolutely the most polished OL in this draft and I’d be extremely happy with Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy or Lamb.

Speaking of..just in case we do decide to get a little spicy.

Are you @Lith son ?

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

But it is a big event but yes, it can be done, should it?? 

Its not going to be a big live event given COVID-19.  Its going to be what it always was in the past, a big TV event for football fans.

You could be right but I dont see why they should or would want to push back the draft 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I simply don't see the DRAFT being on schedule.  They pushed back all major sports but we'll have the draft?  Doubtful.

The NFL already said that the draft will take place as scheduled.

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I am now more than ever on the OL no matter what bandwagon.  Even if it is Josh Jones.

We have 2/3 starting wideouts in Crowder and Perriman.

Even after JD"s flurry of OL signings we really only have 1/5 OL spots set that being Mcgovern.

Fant and all the rest are question marks.  Van Roten is a 3.5 million player meaning he wasn't highly sought after.  Lewis was just about cut from Baltimore.  Winters isn't good.  Edoga wasn't good.  Fant was the 3rd OT in Seattle.

We could draft OL with our 3 first picks and it'd be justified.

Fant >  Perriman.  There i said it. 

If you think Perriman and Crowder are locks, why not go all in and count on Doctson?  I don't have anything against your skepticism regarding the line, but you are way too positive about the receiving corps.  Lewis was just about cut from Baltimore?  Perriman was cut from Baltimore, and their receivers were so great that they signed a 58 year old Crabtree and drafted WR in the 1st and 2nd in 2019.  He went to the Redskins who cut him and held on to... wait for it... Josh Doctson.   Draft the best player. Please.

59 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fant >  Perriman.  There i said it. 

If you think Perriman and Crowder are locks, why not go all in and count on Doctson?  I don't have anything against your skepticism regarding the line, but you are way too positive about the receiving corps.  Lewis was just about cut from Baltimore?  Perriman was cut from Baltimore, and their receivers were so great that they signed a 58 year old Crabtree and drafted WR in the 1st and 2nd in 2019.  He went to the Redskins who cut him and held on to... wait for it... Josh Doctson.   Draft the best player. Please.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be excited to have a stud wideout at 11. It’s a huge need. 

But wideouts don’t keep Sam Darnold standing up (not directly anyway).  He’s the future of the franchise and desperately needs protection. I’d rather have an adequate LT than a stud wideout at this point.  I expect a stud OT to be available at 11 so hopefully it’s a moot point.  Our OL is improved after FA but is still the most crucial weakness.

It doesn’t matter much but I don’t get the Fant > Perriman argument. Maybe they both suck or maybe both good but objectively Perriman has had runs of top tier production with a first round skill set and some elite measurables.  

5 hours ago, nico002 said:

The draft is already mostly a remote event... What do they show on TV? GMs in their remote war rooms and prospects at home with their families. Literally the only thing that would change is no green room and no fans. Honestly Id rather have it that way, I always find it more interesting to see players at their private parties than sitting on a table (spoiling the picks when they are on the phone/celebrating before the pick). 

No way I'd be letting any cameramen from NYC  in my house right before I sign a multi million dollar contract

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I swear, when you see things like this - or the tweet that Lamb never dropped a pass...it makes you really want to take the sexy WR...

but you can’t take the bait.  Gotta bite the bullet and go BTA.

People love the one handed catch but to me the second gif is so much more impressive.  

You watch the gif once and you think Ruggs catches a slant in stride and takes it to the House.  Then you watch it closely and you realize he’s running an in route....starts to sit down his route in the open space then immediately explodes past the defense once he catches the ball. 

The acceleration is RIDICULOUS

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I swear, when you see things like this - or the tweet that Lamb never dropped a pass...it makes you really want to take the sexy WR...

but you can’t take the bait.  Gotta bite the bullet and go BTA.

Gif_01.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

People love the one handed catch but to me the second gif is so much more impressive.  

You watch the gif once and you think Ruggs catches a slant in stride and takes it to the House.  Then you watch it closely and you realize he’s running an in route....starts to sit down his route in the open space then immediately explodes past the defense once he catches the ball. 

The acceleration is RIDICULOUS

Wow...totally.  I honestly didn't notice that. sick stuff. 

Still gotta go BTA at 11.  We can land Ruggs at 17 - all I'm saying!

13 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

As we are getting closer I just feel it may be better for Jets to get the top 1 or 2 WRs and then down lower with our 2nd pick get a Jones or Cleveland OT that may not be a dropoff from the 4th best Tackle in the draft we likely will be staring at come the 11th pick. I know this is a deep WR draft, but that will mainly help us in taking another WR in the 3rd round and still getting a top WR prospect from this draft while the OT position seems to be about 2 rounds deep in this draft.

WR is 4-5 rounds deep in this draft. 1st OL  2nd WR  3rd OL  3rd CB/ edge  4th CB/edge 5th WR