Fun Draft Trade Scenario From Left Field.

Just want to note, it's $9m in additional cap for a Quinnen trade so he'd be a cap hit of $16m for this season. I think that is probably the biggest hurdle for this trade given the current cap situation but if possible I'd make the trade.

That's not to say I'm giving up on Quinnen but rather we have so much talent on the DL I'd be willing to roll the dice on WR/OT instead. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve always enjoyed going out in the morning for a container of coffee and a newspaper.

With all that’s going on right now, I haven’t done it for weeks. I’ve been staying home, brewing a pot of coffee, and watching morning news shows.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ve always enjoyed going out in the morning for a container of coffee and a newspaper.

With all that’s going on right now, I haven’t done it for weeks. I’ve been staying home, brewing a pot of coffee, and watching morning news shows.

There's no such thing as a morning news show but that's for another time. :) 

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I love your picks, but I’m not ready to give up on QW yet, and as @RobR said, that would be cap suicide. 

I’m open to trading Jamal Adams for the price we’re rumored to be asking, but I’m under the assumption that we’ll be going into the draft with what we’ve got. 

I'm not giving up on Q either. Ive been on that side of numerous discussions actually. This isn't really about that. It's just an opportunity to have a little fun if you're into it. I would do this trade as unlikely as it is. It's got a 98% chance of not even being  possible. but I got into a discussion earlier about it and it was interesting to see where the line of thinking took us. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is def. interesting...

Keep Jamal though. The draft would look more like this. 

11- Jeudy/Lamb

16- J.Jones

48- Z.Baun

68- Pittman

78- Bryce Hall

Rd. 4- Peart 

Very nice. That's an interesting twist. There were other mentions like adding Avery to another trade up back into the first and grabbing Ezra Cleveland or maybe even going nuts and taking RB Taylor there after the haul on the front end of OT and WR. 

I'll tell ya. I really want to see what Q can develop into and I also like Jamal as a Jet, but damn. If JD could start to work on some stuff in this vain I would be really interested to see how he would choose to revamp the roster. 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Just want to note, it's $9m in additional cap for a Quinnen trade so he'd be a cap hit of $16m for this season. I think that is probably the biggest hurdle for this trade given the current cap situation but if possible I'd make the trade.

That's not to say I'm giving up on Quinnen but rather we have so much talent on the DL I'd be willing to roll the dice on WR/OT instead. 

Well I think the thought was if you were going to Jettison Jamal, then it's a wash contractually for one year.  That's where the other side of the package comes from. The Q portion of the trade doesn't hold as much value without the equalizing Jamal Adams portion. 

$16 mil for 2 additional firsts and a 3rd.  Eh? Eh?   :)  

• Upvote 1

Just now, TexJet said:

Lol, trade QW......sorry, stopped reading there. Not being snarky, it's just a proposition that will not happen. Better than hearing any more negative news on COVID 19 though. 

Serious question. Why do we come to a message board about the Jets if not to hear all of the potential takes and thoughts of the insane characters who frequent this place?   

Pssst. You should read the rest of the post. haha 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

I for one do not want to trade Jamal

ill play along. Absolutely would love this haul. That’s a team that could compete early and often

Quick way to completely revamp the entire team. 

Like the trades. Cut your losses with QW and move on from the headache that Adams presents that will ultimately turn into a migraine.  But if this fantastical situation were to take place, they'd be so many different variables its hard to predict who JD would take.  If one of the top OL is there JD has targeted, you take the OL. Perhaps with 16 and 17, JD goes with his BPA to fulfill the other dire needs and adjusts appropriately. I'm basing this on CBS Mock draft of where players would be taken. Just a look at the  possibilities and as Greenbean stated, Use your imagination.

11 Thomas/Wills/Becton OL

16 & 17 Herderson CB, Jones OL, Lamb/Ruggs WR, Chassion/Matos edge

48 Cleveland/Jackson OL, Lewis/Uche/Weaver Edge, Cush/Ruiz C, Johnson/Hall CB

68 Arnette/Dantzler CB, Pittman WR, Wanagho/Niang OL, Chinn/Dugger S, Hamler WR

79 & 82 Greenard/Anae/Taylor Edge, Hennessy/Badass OL, Johnson/Claypool WR, Robertson/Pride CB, 

My picks 11 Thomas OL- 16 Henderson CB -17 Ruggs WR - 48 Lewis Edge - 68 Hamler WR - 79 Badass C - 82 Anae Edge

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Like the trades. Cut your losses with QW and move on from the headache that Adams presents that will ultimately turn into a migraine.  But if this fantastical situation were to take place, they'd be so many different variables its hard to predict who JD would take.  If one of the top OL is there JD has targeted, you take the OL. Perhaps with 16 and 17, JD goes with his BPA to fulfill the other dire needs and adjusts appropriately. I'm basing this on CBS Mock draft of where players would be taken. Just a look at the  possibilities and as Greenbean stated, Use your imagination.

11 Thomas/Wills/Becton OL

16 & 17 Herderson CB, Jones OL, Lamb/Ruggs WR, Chassion/Matos edge

48 Cleveland/Jackson OL, Lewis/Uche/Weaver Edge, Cush/Ruiz C, Johnson/Hall CB

68 Arnette/Dantzler CB, Pittman WR, Wanagho/Niang OL, Chinn/Dugger S, Hamler WR

79 & 82 Greenard/Anae/Taylor Edge, Hennessy/Badass OL, Johnson/Claypool WR, Robertson/Pride CB, 

My picks 11 Thomas OL- 16 Henderson CB -17 Ruggs WR - 48 Lewis Edge - 68 Hamler WR - 79 Badass C - 82 Anae Edge

Right. Good take. 

I like the idea of grabbing two of the top 5-7 OT's right out of the gate though. How great would it be to come out of that first rd with Thomas and Wilson or Wills/Wirfs and Jones/Cleveland?   Then add the best WR out of the bunch in there as well. at 16 guys like Jefferson/Higgins/Mims are all still gonna be there. Maybe even Ruggs like you said. That would be a spectacular turn of fortune for Sam Darnold and the Jets offense. 

What I like about it after that part is the ability to throw Edge and CB into the mix with the 2nd and 3rd rd. 

So I like what ya did there, but would probably opt to go OL again over CB in the first so that would put us in position to grab Gladney or Hall at 48. Either way would be better than what we currently have imo. 

Obviously this is all unlikely but I'd love to see an aggressive approach to the draft. There might be some trades that we are waiting for the draft to make. I saw in another thread @Samtorobby47 was talking about the benefits of waiting for the draft to pull the Jamal Adams/Dallas trade together if it were going to happen at all. Taking some of the emotional backlash away from losing Jamal by the excitement of the new guy at the same time. Trade him now and you have two weeks of BS to contend with from Fans and media types. That made sense to me. 

Anyway... good stuff. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Pittman will not make it to the 3rd round we will be lucky if he is there in the second when we pick. He will go late first early 2nd.

Interesting. It is starting to sound like that lately. Earlier on I got toasted for "reaching" for him in the 3rd lol

So who do you see going before him out of the WR's? 

I'd say Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Mims, Jefferson, Higgins are almost sure things. Then there's Shenault, Reagor, Aiyuk and maybe Claypool after the combine he had. I'd say that puts Pittman squarely in the mid second rd up to the 3rd. 

What do ya think? 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. Good take. 

I like the idea of grabbing two of the top 5-7 OT's right out of the gate though. How great would it be to come out of that first rd with Thomas and Wilson or Wills/Wirfs and Jones/Cleveland?   Then add the best WR out of the bunch in there as well. at 16 guys like Jefferson/Higgins/Mims are all still gonna be there. Maybe even Ruggs like you said. That would be a spectacular turn of fortune for Sam Darnold and the Jets offense. 

What I like about it after that part is the ability to throw Edge and CB into the mix with the 2nd and 3rd rd. 

So I like what ya did there, but would probably opt to go OL again over CB in the first so that would put us in position to grab Gladney or Hall at 48. Either way would be better than what we currently have imo. 

Obviously this is all unlikely but I'd love to see an aggressive approach to the draft. There might be some trades that we are waiting for the draft to make. I saw in another thread @Samtorobby47 was talking about the benefits of waiting for the draft to pull the Jamal Adams/Dallas trade together if it were going to happen at all. Taking some of the emotional backlash away from losing Jamal by the excitement of the new guy at the same time. Trade him now and you have two weeks of BS to contend with from Fans and media types. That made sense to me. 

Anyway... good stuff. 

Makes sense to wait till draft if they are going to trade Adams.  If we take an OL at 11, then I'd take best WR at 17. He's a reach at 17, but I'd love to take Mims although Ruggs is rated higher on board. We then go back to 4 with OL Ruiz or Cush and we have 2 major positions on the OL filled for a number of years.

Jamal Adams is a game changer. No way around it. People reduce the issue to economics- positional value and metrics on some level connected to the position.

But if you strip away labels and look at production - and production replacement... you can’t replace Adams production with just one player. He’s that dynamic. 

In that sense he’s right — he should be paid for his production “more than a safety”, and not just at his position value determined next contract.

In fact it might be economical from a production replacement standpoint to lock him up and build around him — rather than try to replace his production. Adams has a multiplier effect on the run defense, pass defense and pass rush.

Q — is an important player and“ on pace“. And also the DL needs bodies. On a rookie contract? Check. Ok. Cool. 

why not build around these players rather than cut bait and start over again. Replacing production and developing at the same time?

What about:  Keep these guys. grab a Couple stud WR and OL in the first three rounds. Wills and Higgins / Jefferson / Claypool etc. And go from there. 

6 hours ago, SR24 said:

Not giving up on Q yet but I’m on board to move Adams for that haul. 11 and 17 gives you Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs and Josh Jones no brainer 

Same. And honestly looking at the Q situation, going by the players in that link, Chris Jones was a 2nd rounder, Atkins drafted in the 4th, and McCoy was a top 5 pick like Q, but was considered more of a pass rusher coming out than Q.

If we as Jet fans have to wait for Q.Williams to have a McCoy-like career trajectory, than alot of people will be upset, lol. McCoy was a great player but only had 3,1, and 5 sacks in his 1st 3 years. Didn't start really dominating until he was in his 4th year and later. The others were lower draft picks, so i don't see how anyone can justify taking Quinnen with the players mentioned in that twitter post. There's a good chance Dexter Lawrence will be better than Q, if we're being honest. Dex ran a 5.05 at 335+ pounds, with 36 bench reps, now those are some insane DT numbers. Hope i'm wrong about Q.

Here is what I want for Adams from Dallas. Their first and second round picks and Xavier Woods, nothing less. None of this third round BS, I want to be blown away. Third round picks are too iffy. The picks must be in this years draft so we can get 2 OL and 2 WR that have the possibility starting.  Next seasons draft may not be as loaded as this one and we all know how our second round picks have been, especially  at WR. 

All kidding aside I am all down for any trade that will net us more picks as this is a very deep draft for many positions of need. However, it needs to make sense!

We have to make sure that we are covered at whatever position we are giving up for trade obviously. If we trade Jamal that means we need another strong safety. We can't just trade Jamal, Avery, and Quinnen and just go draft 5 wide receivers lol!!  we've got to be smart about the moves we make and make sure it works out in our favor I'm not interested in having a fire sale.