Trade possibilities with Falcons

TNJet

Just read if we trade down to 16 we could receive their 3rd , 78th, and their 4th as well. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. That would give us 3 picks in the 3rd and I think 2 in the 4th. Great way to add depth to oline and WR. We can still draft Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland at 16, or even Ruggs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I would gleefully do this and use one of those thirds to move #48 up 15-20 spots to take the best OT/WR available depending on what I took at #16. 

This is a strategy that I really like. Trade down and get a Jones or Cleveland, then trade up to get your preferred WR like Jefferson or Mims. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Just read if we trade down to 16 we could receive their 3rd , 78th, and their 4th as well. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. That would give us 3 picks in the 3rd and I think 2 in the 4th. Great way to add depth to oline and WR. We can still draft Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland at 16, or even Ruggs.

This would be the best thing to happen to the Jets in a long time, particularly in a draft with great players available in the third round.

Hopefully JD does not obsess over the Value Chart like Mac did.   It is really an average-more if trading for a QB, less for other players.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I really doubt Becton is much better, if any, than Jones or Cleveland.  2 LTs we can draft at 16.

FWIW, on movin the chains this afternoon, Kirwin basically said from what he's hearing, Cleveland shouldn't see the field this year. No where near ready.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This is a strategy that I really like. Trade down and get a Jones or Cleveland, then trade up to get your preferred WR like Jefferson or Mims. 

sound draft strategy, sometimes its hard to move back into the first round, could cost too much.  To me if you want your tackle to start this year right away you ideally need to walk away with 1 of wills, wirfs, thomas, becton, or jones.  Other guys youre looking at year two or mid year if they develop quickly.  

Conversely you can get starting WR's in this draft well into the 3rd, probably into the 4th.  If you can trade down to 16 and believe that you can still get one of those top 5 guys then its a good move.  I feel like theres going to be a lot of moving around in this draft 

• Post of the Week 1

It should all depend on who is available at #11 obviously.  If the Jets move from 11 to 16 then they'll watch 5 more players get taken before they pick.  If they have 5 or more players they really like for the #16 spot then you make the trade.  I'm trying this in a mock draft right now.  Here's where I stand....

These are the first 10 picks.

1935841368_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_32_34PM.png.acf4c5a1d467bbcfd50b084ffa578b7c.png

Here's who is on the board (ranked by PFN)....We have some great choices in this scenario at #11.

1406707406_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_33_46PM.png.84e9054f6cf6a090d4ca6a10deab0691.png

I just traded with Atlanta successfully for this...

28913803_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_35_05PM.png.621f9867fa2b5e995e0cd9011ed5558c.png

Here's what happened....I got lucky and took Wills.

1874261439_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_37_20PM.png.9c0d34eef99b58fbcdfa3c4eaed72d58.png

• Upvote 1

Saw a rumor the Falcons are looking to get Simmons in which case they'll be moving farther up than 11.

I think tackle at 11 and trading 48 and 79 to the Giants for 36 and 110 is the move. Let’s the Jets go get their WR without losing a pick and the Giants balance out their draft with no picks between 36 and their comp 3rd in the 90’s.

This rumor based on a forum mock in which I (the Jets GM) and the Giants GM (a Packers fan) agreed to this trade quickly and easily because he wanted to move down and I didn’t want to give up a pick. So obviously it’s fair And actually going to happen.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I would gleefully do this and use one of those thirds to move #48 up 15-20 spots to take the best OT/WR available depending on what I took at #16. 

I'm not sure the trade up from 48 is worth it in that scenario? 

I don't think the gap between Mims/Jefferson and Pittman/Aiyuk/Reagor is worth the cost of a third round pick. 

Assuming we take a tackle at 16. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It should all depend on who is available at #11 obviously.  If the Jets move from 11 to 16 then they'll watch 5 more players get taken before they pick.  If they have 5 or more players they really like for the #16 spot then you make the trade.  I'm trying this in a mock draft right now.  Here's where I stand....

These are the first 10 picks.

1935841368_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_32_34PM.png.acf4c5a1d467bbcfd50b084ffa578b7c.png

Here's who is on the board (ranked by PFN)....We have some great choices in this scenario at #11.

1406707406_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_33_46PM.png.84e9054f6cf6a090d4ca6a10deab0691.png

I just traded with Atlanta successfully for this...

28913803_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_35_05PM.png.621f9867fa2b5e995e0cd9011ed5558c.png

Here's what happened....I got lucky and took Wills.

1874261439_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_37_20PM.png.9c0d34eef99b58fbcdfa3c4eaed72d58.png

Would never happen but this would be the absolute best case scenario 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Cleveland @ 16... NO WAY.. he's a 2nd rounder @ best not a 1st.

• Upvote 1

all depends on how JD views the top OT's

current roster I think a move forward to 7 or 9 to make sure to get a Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, or staying at 11 for one of those guys plus Jones, would both be more likely than the move back

23 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Cleveland @ 16... NO WAY.. he's a 2nd rounder @ best not a 1st.

This is the issue we face if we do not get an ot at 11.  We do not pick till #48 in the 2nd round so we could see tier two OTs go before our pick, then we are in trouble.

This is why we have to pray we get our OT at 11 imo.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I'm not sure the trade up from 48 is worth it in that scenario? 

I don't think the gap between Mims/Jefferson and Pittman/Aiyuk/Reagor is worth the cost of a third round pick. 

Assuming we take a tackle at 16. 

I don't love that #48 pick. My feeling is you trade it up to the 28-35 range, and grab a second high prospect in a solid OT/WR draft and sweat significantly less the rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

FWIW, on movin the chains this afternoon, Kirwin basically said from what he's hearing, Cleveland shouldn't see the field this year. No where near ready.

Kirwan also liked Leinart more than Cutler in 2006. Cutler 10 + seasons starting. Leinart was garbage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

FYI on how the rest of my draft went....

1983670212_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_42_20PM.png.265379a50ebbe31af8938e657d721fc8.png

Man I loved every pick here jet stream except for the Biadaz pick.  He makes me nervous he supposedly has a hip injury and he just seemed stiff and robotic with his mobility... I would go with a guy like Shane Lemieux or Ben Bredeson, both are nasty SOBs. 

1 hour ago, JoePNYJ1 said:

Man I loved every pick here jet stream except for the Biadaz pick.  He makes me nervous he supposedly has a hip injury and he just seemed stiff and robotic with his mobility... I would go with a guy like Shane Lemieux or Ben Bredeson, both are nasty SOBs. 

I'm not as big a fan of Biadasz as I was a couple months ago, but as our 5th player taken here I thought it was a calculated risk.

I really like Bredeson but I'm not sure he's a fit for the Jets.  Still trying to understand what Gase and Joe D really want but it seems to be athletic, zone-blocking guys like Josh Jones, Jonah Jackson, etc. and not "phone booth" power-blockers like Isaiah Wilson or Bredeson.  We'll see what happens.  Again, really like Bredeson but it's the fit that concerns me.

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Forget Jefferson.  Mims or Shenault.  Jefferson is a slot receiver (albeit a very good one) and we have one in Crowder.  

• Upvote 3

For anyone clamoring that the jets can’t trade down to 16 and miss on the “one of the four” big tackles or the WRs, u guys seem to forget that we have MANY needs on this team. The dropoff from The top 4 to Josh Jones is not that great, especially the drop from Bekhton or Wirfs. I would SURELY secure an extra 3 and 4 in this draft, it’s a deep receiver draft and extra picks can allow us to address CB and Edge in the early rounds as well. Honestly, why are we all insisting that we MUST DRAFT the next “potential” Jonathan Ogden over Another Brick with an extra pick in the 3rd and 4th? Gimme Brick and the extra picks. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not as big a fan of Biadasz as I was a couple months ago, but as our 5th player taken here I thought it was a calculated risk.

I really like Bredeson but I'm not sure he's a fit for the Jets.  Still trying to understand what Gase and Joe D really want but it seems to be athletic, zone-blocking guys like Josh Jones, Jonah Jackson, etc. and not "phone booth" power-blockers like Isaiah Wilson or Bredeson.  We'll see what happens.  Again, really like Bredeson but it's the fit that concerns me.

Yes you make a good point.  But they also are looking for guys that are versatile I think that’s where Lemieux fits the bill because he can play center.

Personally, I am not moving off 11 unless the only tackle left is Thomas. I like him the least and love the pass protection and athletic upside of Jones. I do not like Austin Jackson. If Thomas is the only tackle left at 11, I would go back to 16 take Jones and add ammo to move back up in the second round and add the WRs we want. 

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I'd love to get Mims but he's in nowhere's land.  To early for 11 and wont last to 48. 

I am thinking about the trade down that was proposed.  Mims at 16 (Falcon trade) is not too early or wait until the second and hope Shenault drops to 48. 

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I am thinking about the trade down that was proposed.  Mims at 16 (Falcon trade) is not too early or wait until the second and hope Shenault drops to 48. 

I could go for the trade back and take Mims at 16.  In fact, he's the only one WR I'd take with our high 1st rounder other than taking Williams/Wirfs/Wills. In way do I want to deal with Shenault though.  To risky and better options out there if we go T in round 1.

8 hours ago, AFerg726 said:

Personally, I am not moving off 11 unless the only tackle left is Thomas. I like him the least and love the pass protection and athletic upside of Jones. I do not like Austin Jackson. If Thomas is the only tackle left at 11, I would go back to 16 take Jones and add ammo to move back up in the second round and add the WRs we want. 

Trading back is NOT a given. If we are up at 11, cant trade back and Thomas is left, you have to take him.  All the other elite tackles will be gone. Jones 1st rounder, Ezra late first, early second.  We'd be stuck with Wilson or Wanogho who are both projects and raw. Nor do I like Jackson either.   We need another tackle.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I could go for the trade back and take Mims at 16.  In fact, he's the only one WR I'd take with our high 1st rounder other than taking Williams/Wirfs/Wills. In way do I want to deal with Shenault though.  To risky and better options out there if we go T in round 1.

I agree about round one.  I am thinking if Shenault is there at 48, you HAVE to take him.  the upside is just too high to pass