We finally have a real GM.

RobR

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m not.  Just wasn’t expecting a safety there.   

He seems to have nailed the range where these WR's should go. Still a ton of talent available, although as much as I wanted a RB I would punt until tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, RobR said:

We finally have a GM that not only prioritizes the weakness of the roster but isn't afraid to take chances. We still have three more picks and he's hitting it out of the park so far. I especially like that he's drafting A+ athletes so far. Go Jets!!!

Yes, but isn't  it strange so many WR were picked in the second before Mims? He is definitely  the guy I wanted as well as a lot of the people I was watching with but it really has me curious why everyone was passing on him

36 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

amazing that it seems like the draft is completely coming to us.  wonder if it's just being fortuitous or if when you have a real, competent GM that understands the market, understands his team...that this is what competence looks like.  Been a long time since we've been exposed to it.  So far, JD acting like a real GM.  Good signs here...

Don’t underrate havIng Phil Savage as a resource for Joe

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes, but isn't  it strange so many WR were picked in the second before Mims? He is definitely  the guy I wanted as well as a lot of the people I was watching with but it really has me curious why everyone was passing on him

He's a plus athlete when it comes to every metric and he has some great tape. Most questioned his hands but in the limited games I watched I never saw a problem. Analytics are now in full swing with our draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

amazing that it seems like the draft is completely coming to us.  wonder if it's just being fortuitous or if when you have a real, competent GM that understands the market, understands his team...that this is what competence looks like.  Been a long time since we've been exposed to it.  So far, JD acting like a real GM.  Good signs here...

I mean, it always feels like the draft comes to us. We got "the best player in the draft" twice with both Williamses. Hell, even going back to 05 when Derrick Strait "fell" to us.

I just hope it turns out to be true this time.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I mean, it always feels like the draft comes to us. We got "the best player in the draft" twice with both Williamses. Hell, even going back to 05 when Derrick Strait "fell" to us.

Comes to us in something we need. 

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

don't care.

hope he's a pothead.

11 minutes ago, The Troll said:

welcome to the world of the NY Jets

if you are expecting actual ROI, this ain't for you.