Schedule released Thursday 8pm

21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not season over.....Challenge accepted. If the leaked schedule is correct, we play Broncos, Raiders, Cards and 49ers at home. Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Seahawks on the road. Obviously the Chiefs, 49ers  and Seahawks are tough games. The other teams are beatable even if some are cross country. 10-6 is a possibility.

When I looked at that schedule my first thought is how difficult it was.  But with social distancing (or possibly even no fans in stadiums), a road game feels like it will be a completely different thing this year.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think they end up playing with no fans in stadiums in the Southwest and Florida

There’s way too much TV money at stake to not play the games

You certainly don’t know Florida. Governor here said WWE was an essential business so it could stay open. 

20 hours ago, JetNation said:

NFL

The NFL announced that the 2020 schedule will be released on Thursday night. Here are the details of the release announcement.

Three-Hour ‘Schedule Release ’20’ Show on NFL Network Reveals Entire Schedule

All 32 Team Schedules & More Available on the NFL App & NFL.com

The 2020 NFL Schedule, Powered by AWS, will be released on NFL Network, the NFL app and NFL.com Thursday, May 7 at 8:00 PM ET.

NFL Network’s coverage will be highlighted by Schedule Release ’20 Presented by Verizon on Thursday, May 7 at 8:00 PM ET, a three-hour show which breaks down the upcoming 2020 NFL regular season schedule, division-by-division, analyzing the top matchups and primetime games.

Along with insight from NFL Network hosts and analysts, Schedule Release ’20 will include interviews from the homes of NFL head coaches, general managers and other guests. Full production details on Schedule Release ’20 will be issued as soon as they are confirmed.

Live streaming of NFL Network is available across devices (smartphone, PC, tablet and connected TVs) through the NFL app or NFL.com/watch for subscribers of participating NFL Network providers.

The NFL app and NFL.com will provide complete team-by-team and weekly schedules of all 256 regular season games, listing opponents, sites and times.

The NFL family surpassed $100 million in contributions to COVID relief efforts two weeks ago during the Draft-A-Thon and the fundraising continues through this week’s schedule release. Fans may continue to contribute if they are able, by visiting NFL.com/relief to support six nonprofit organizations serving those most in need across the nation.

The post Schedule Release Set for May 7 at 8 PM ET on NFL Network appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

hi4s_RMSYKg

Click here to read the full story...

Doesn’t the schedule get leaked out like 10 hours before?

Did anyone else hear or see the leak that says the jets are opening up at home vs the cardinals 1 pm game? Schedule drops tomorrow so won’t be long till we find out, but if that’s true I like that. Have Arizona travel all the way to the east coast 1st game of the year? Let’s get it. 

On 5/4/2020 at 10:10 PM, Vader said:

Yuck. I want pats at jets and and Jets smack down of emasculated pats 

The Cheats are not emasculated.  They have plenty of good football players with the best coach.

Beli always manages to turn a complex game into a proven, and simple concept.

Attack the opponents weakness on offense.  Take away what your opponent does best on defense.

What is shocking... is how 20-something coaches in a league of 32 still can't figure that out.

Expected format for 2020 schedule: Week 1-4: Out-of-Conference games Week 5-6: Equal-place Conference games Week 7-10: Divisional games/Bye weeks Week 11-14: Inter-conference games Week 15-17: Divisional games

If the NFL follows this format, our schedule would look something like this:

Arizona
at Seattle
San Francisco
at Rams
Browns
at Colts
Patriots
at Bills
at Dolphins
Broncos
Raiders
at Chiefs
at Chargers
Bills
Dolphins
at Patriots

SAR I

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Expected format for 2020 schedule: Week 1-4: Out-of-Conference games Week 5-6: Equal-place Conference games Week 7-10: Divisional games/Bye weeks Week 11-14: Inter-conference games Week 15-17: Divisional games

This gives them a ton of flexibility to start the season late. Everyone will still have the same amount of division and conference games for the playoff tiebreaker should they have a shortened season. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Cheats are not emasculated.  They have plenty of good football players with the best coach.

Beli always manages to turn a complex game into a proven, and simple concept.

Attack the opponents weakness on offense.  Take away what your opponent does best on defense.

What is shocking... is how 20-something coaches in a league of 32 still can't figure that out.

Let’s see how brilliant he is without the GOAT at Qb

14 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

This gives them a ton of flexibility to start the season late. Everyone will still have the same amount of division and conference games for the playoff tiebreaker should they have a shortened season. 

Yup.  Doing it this way is smart if the season needs to be truncated.  I still believe the NFL can play a full season because they are impervious to weather.  They could start the year in November and have the Super Bowl in May if they needed to.  

SAR I

On 5/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, Maxman said:

The odds of them playing there, week one with fans in attendance, are not good at all. I don't see it happening.

BUT there is no harm in releasing the schedule. They will have a contingency, no fans, alternate sites I am sure.

So releasing the schedule now is the right thing to do.

sunlight cleanses things.  if any games are played with fans they will be the ones when the sun is still shining bright during the day.

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the NFL follows this format, our schedule would look something like this:

Arizona
at Seattle
San Francisco
at Rams
Browns
at Colts
Patriots
at Bills
at Dolphins
Broncos
Raiders
at Chiefs
at Chargers
Bills
Dolphins
at Patriots

SAR I

and?  how is this different than any season?  if the jets want to succeed they need to win the division.  there' 6 games right there.  squeeze out another 4 from the remaining 10 and voila, playoffs.  arizona, browns, colts, broncos, raiders, and chargers look very winnable.  them plus the 6 division games means 12-4.

17 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:
tells

that the NFL schedule will be NFC vs AFC for the 1st 4 weeks of the season. Steelers play the NFC East. So 1st 4 games would be Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, and Giants.

if this is true it make the jets cardinals leak somewhat more believable 

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

29 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yup.  Doing it this way is smart if the season needs to be truncated.  I still believe the NFL can play a full season because they are impervious to weather.  They could start the year in November and have the Super Bowl in May if they needed to.  

SAR I

I said this over a month ago....it's about time Roger started listening to me:

On 3/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, IndianaJet said:

It will be interesting to see if they release the schedule in a few weeks.  I can see them holding off until there’s more clarity.

Either that, or you may see a schedule that has all AFC vs. NFC games up front with all 6 divisional games at the end of the schedule.  

This way, if they have to delay or shorten the season they can keep the schedule as competitively balanced as possible and cut off the games that have less implication on playoff positioning. 

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

and?  how is this different than any season?  if the jets want to succeed they need to win the division.  there' 6 games right there.  squeeze out another 4 from the remaining 10 and voila, playoffs.  arizona, browns, colts, broncos, raiders, and chargers look very winnable.  them plus the 6 division games means 12-4.

The difference is in the clustering.  Two West coast trips in 4 weeks to start.  Pats/Fins/Bills back-to-back-to-back twice.  

Usually the schedule is more mashed-up.  If you suffer a bad injury to a top player at the wrong time it could really devastate your season.  Josh Allen goes down during one of the three-week AFC East spans, for example.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The difference is in the clustering.  Two West coast trips in 4 weeks to start.  Pats/Fins/Bills back-to-back-to-back twice.  

Usually the schedule is more mashed-up.  If you suffer a bad injury to a top player at the wrong time it could really devastate your season.  Josh Allen goes down during one of the three-week AFC East spans, for example.

SAR I

yep.  it's also about when you meet these teams.  none are so good that they won't have a bad game or two during the season.

45 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Looks like it’s going to be Texans @ chiefs week 1 TNF 

That would destroy the idea of all inter-conference games being played in the first four weeks of the season. 

3 hours ago, mtwarlock31 said:

It also lessens the impact of the first 4 games on a teams season since they are out of conference and that is much lower in the tie breaking procedure. So if teams have less time to prepare it doesnt ruin someones season who started with 2 or 3 divisional games. Really smart move. Will be weird, but really smart.

• Upvote 1