Is everyone in denial?

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The commissioner has said ALL must be equal on the competition front, so if California wont allow fans but Florida will, I assume there will be a no fan policy for the NFL. Crowd Noise can be an advantage for a team 

Probably makes sense anyway.  And with AI, the networks can put an audience in there, put sounds in there, it will look and feel like the real thing.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Probably makes sense anyway.  And with AI, the networks can put an audience in there, put sounds in there, it will look and feel like the real thing.

SAR I

CBS is ready to roll with a bunch of recorded Fireman Ed Jets chants.  Just what your doctor ordered!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It has nothing to do with heat but exposure to sunlight/UV rays and length of days that “inactivates” viruses. -most epidemiologists 

It is also said to be case by case. The virus was said not to as well in direct sunlight but most places you are likely  to contract this are not outdoors.  

9 hours ago, Dcronin said:

There isn't going to be an NFL season, right? How could there be?

LA is on lockdown through July. Are all of the Rams and Chargers going to be tested? How can training camps start?

Training camp will start on time.   The governors can talk all the crap they want that they aren’t going to open up there state.    Lawsuits are coming from business owners( violating their constitutional rights) , and the states that have already in financial distress ( ny was 6 billion in the red before corona virus - whole hospital system was on the verge of collapse)  , will be forced to reopen.( or owe even more money) 

There is no bailout coming for states that were poorly managed .

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the 1 percent of 1 percent? Are we going to keep things closed down for this? we shouldn't.

You people make me laugh. You're all tough and sh*t until someone in your family dies and then it's a tragedy. Sports and profits aren't worth human life.

We locked inside and 300k global deaths from the virus. Could you imagine if we didn't have the shelter is place orders?

1 football game with full stands probably kills a few hundred people.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No it isn't the flu, but it isn't some magically fairy either. It's susceptible to ultraviolet radiation like most things. It isn't the Highlander of viruses. 

And what does this have to do with it dying out due to warmer weather which is what I responded to. Sunlight is not an indoor thing so are people working in hospitals less likely to contract this? Are you less likely to get it if soneone coughs on you? If a surface in a store or restaurant, movie theater  has it on it, how is UV going to deter it?

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This has nothing to do with restarting the economy and are you trying to get this thread closed?

It has everything to do with it, do you know how many jobs are at stake?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Arsis said:

You people make me laugh. You're all tough and sh*t until someone in your family dies and then it's a tragedy. Sports and profits aren't worth human life.

We locked inside and 300k global deaths from the virus. Could you imagine if we didn't have the shelter is place orders?

1 football game with full stands probably kills a few hundred people.

You're moving the goal posts and creating a strawman. You responded to a post of mine where I pointed out that the overwhelming majority of professional atheletes would be able to recover from covid without a problem and asked what about the 1% who randomly die of stroke. I took that to mean 1% of the 1% of people who die from covid. This is such a small number that we should not be shutting things down because of it.

You can't save everyone. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

This one isn’t going to age well for you.   Let’s see how wrong I am off.

You have been wrong about everything you have ever posted here and on JI.  AnNd you are wrong now.  

• Upvote 1

It’s not about the fans. The NFL owners can probably be fine playing to empty stadiums all season.

The question is what happens once a player tests positive? Does the team quarantine? Or do they risk playing the next game and spreading it further? I feel like we’ll have an NBA in March situation where they’ll have to pull the plug.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

You have been wrong about everything you have ever posted here and on JI.  AnNd you are wrong now.  

Did you just see what happened in California yesterday in the special election.    People have had enough of Politicians destroying their lives for a disease that kills less than 1% of the population- very dangerous for the very old as that is no joke) .    The politicians who prevent the reopening are just setting themselves up to be kicked out of office. People have had enough.  Also like the Flu it doesn’t last into the summer months.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Those other leagues combined WISH they had the contract the NFL does

That logic might apply to the owners but not the players. Players make more money per year on average in major-league baseball and the NBA.  The owners and franchises might make more money with the NFL contract but as far as the players go it’s much better being a baseball player or basketball player, especially when you factor in wear and tear on the body and brain.

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

It’s not about the fans. The NFL owners can probably be fine playing to empty stadiums all season.

The question is what happens once a player tests positive? Does the team quarantine? Or do they risk playing the next game and spreading it further? I feel like we’ll have an NBA in March situation where they’ll have to pull the plug.

I'm guessing they'll be testing everyone who enters facilities daily. They can get results in under 15 minutes now.

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Of course it/they can and in fact they do (See Fauci with respect to hius econoomic interests around the time of HIV).  But do we believe that scientists are in the process of "bamboozling" us all right now in the midst of this crisis?  If so, then whoever those bamboozlers may be, they should roast in Hell.

I think people/experts don't like to admit that they don't know things so the experts are guessing and pushing their guesses as fact. I'm sure some are blatantly disingenuous and misleading others to profit from it, but not the people actually doing the front line work, a lot of them are complaining about the loud experts too. Many of them have complained that they aren't being allowed to use meds that are working due to politics. I have no doubt that people would use a crisis for their own benefit, just look at any politician at pretty much any moment.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dcronin said:

LA is on lockdown through July. Are all of the Rams and Chargers going to be tested? How can training camps start?

Who says the Rams and Chargers have to play in LA? What would it matter where they play when the stadium will be empty?

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And what does this have to do with it dying out due to warmer weather which is what I responded to. Sunlight is not an indoor thing so are people working in hospitals less likely to contract this? Are you less likely to get it if soneone coughs on you? If a surface in a store or restaurant, movie theater  has it on it, how is UV going to deter it?

Well if people are outside, most people go out more when it's warm out, and are being bombarded with UV rays they are less likely to transmit it as when they cough the virus when expelled is also bombarded by UV rays and starts breaking down as opposed to everyone being inside and breathing recirculated air that may be infected for starters. A big problem right now is most people are stuck inside, previously due to it being cold in the north east but now more so because they've been told to stay indoors. Why do you think NY reports 66% of its cases are from people sheltering indoors? The big problem isn't surfaces as they are showing it doesn't transmit very well from surfaces the big problem is inhalation. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that if Trump didn't mention hydroxychloroquine and heat/sun light as making a difference most people wouldn't be taking issue with those possibilities.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm guessing they'll be testing everyone who enters facilities daily. They can get results in under 15 minutes now.

Do your research Dr Fauci in 2005 published a paper telling you what was very effective fighting corona virus.  (  Yes this might be a different strain but it works the same way.   Ask yourself this why would Fauci do a 360 degree turn on his position toward this drug.  
Okay I will say it Fauci is a fraud.   This has more to do with the election in November, than this virus.    Let’s look at Fauci stock portfolio , and you will see why he’s pushing certain drugs.     It’s always the money.

• Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Dcronin said:

I live in LA.  We're not on "lockdown".

What they are doing is: "Stay at Home" through July because they know smart, compassionate, empathetic, informed Angelenos, like myself, will comply with a suggested order, such as "Stay at Home", because it's the right thing to do.

To your point: a regular, normal, run of the mill NFL season is NOT happening.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If that's true, and you get quick, accurate results, don't let anyone inside until they get the results. Administer the test in tents outside, and you only get inside if you test negative.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

If that's true, and you get quick, accurate results, don't let anyone inside until they get the results. Administer the test in tents outside, and you only get inside if you test negative.

right - it's probably doable for players & staff but I don't think it is possible for fans at games.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

CBS is ready to roll with a bunch of recorded Fireman Ed Jets chants.  Just what your doctor ordered!

Much as that would disappoint me, if we can get a full 17 week NFL schedule in this year I'll take VR Firefraud.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Other side of the coin....they go ahead and try to play, the first player who contracts the virus and dies due to football related activities, they are going to lose a lot more than one year of revenue.

Faucci stated yesterday if the NBA opens up and 2-3 players contract the virus, the whole thing would need to be shut down immediately.  But so what. Lets risk lives for the sake of the bouncing ball.

• Upvote 1

I am mentally prepared not to see another football game until 2021. 

The advantage the NFL has is that the season does not even start until September. We will have a much better view of the virus by then.

Fauci thinks the NFL will likely be able to play without fans or with limited attendance. I have heard the NFL is considering making like little cubicles in the stands to keep fans isolated and at a proper social distance.

The NFLPA will certainly have issues but not playing this season not only means no salaries this year, but a decrease in the salary cap next year.

I live in California and Nrwsome's policies can be an issue but as mentioned California teams (or NJ teams for that matter) might not need to play in their respective stadiums.

In fact if things are extreme they could play NFL games on high school fields in very rural high schools if needed. 

13 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I live in LA.  We're not on "lockdown".

What they are doing is: "Stay at Home" through July because they know smart, compassionate, empathetic, informed Angelenos, like myself, will comply with a suggested order, such as "Stay at Home", because it's the right thing to do.

To your point: a regular, normal, run of the mill NFL season is NOT happening.

Wow.  As a Oregonian... I realize that I am in complete agreement with an Angeleno about sports.  Never thought that would happen.  First time for everything.  I guess!