NFL’s most improved offensive lines

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jedrick Wills is proven?

Injury prone, mediocre pass blocking Conklin is proven?

But yes, those 2 are "safer" bets than the Becton-Fant-Edoga trio we have.  

Ah yes. But...

Sam > Baker

4 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Fant is really the only unknown to me. But I trust that Douglas knows what he’s doing based on his own background with the offensive line. 

this is the one big "need to put trust in our new GM" move.

former OL knows what he's looking at and for

scary part though is this is the only move that jumps a little into the questionable (possibly knee-jerk" category.  NE screwed us resigning their guy at the last second, Conklin passed us by for Cleveland, then immediately after JD moves to his 3rd choice and signs an unproven guy for the most important spot on the OL to a contract giving him more money than expected  ... this was JD's first move in addressing our shambles of an O-line. 

Whole thing smells a little different than all of JD's other moves.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jedrick Wills is proven?

Injury prone, mediocre pass blocking Conklin is proven?

But yes, those 2 are "safer" bets than the Becton-Fant-Edoga trio we have.  

Wills is an excellent pass protector 

And I’m a Becton supporter

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You're a far better person, and way more secure than I am, my friend. (not to mention, you've posted pics of your wife. She's way beyond a 6). On the other hand, I'm incredibly shallow. I'll put up with a lot if a woman is attractive.

That's why I'm dating someone who my friends say is easily an 8 despite the fact she has an accent which makes her sound like Ellie Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbilly's. She's a knockout and has a great boob job, but I have to deduct a point for her voice. It's a shame she always wants to talk. If she wasn't so hot, I'd have become a distant memory a long time ago.

BTW here's hoping neither of our women ever see this conversation...

hhahahahahahhaa ok normally I just scan the responses but i stop and read the posts that catch my eye. This one had me on the floor lmaooooo

I will say this does no good without out a pic of you 2 together....actually because of the voice a video might be better. 

and now I have to go back and read all the post to see what this has to do with our improved line.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He was great on the Zoom call during the Draft! lol

Hopefully I can get to meet a few more of you guys during next years draft in person. @Paradis invited me to the zoom conference call and once I learned it wasn't about Marijuana equities I politely declined. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Whole thing smells a little different than all of JD's other moves.

Very True. This was like playing a poker hand just after you lost a big pot on the river. You are a bit emotional still from losing the big pot so you overplay your current hand trying hard to win back some of the money you just lost. JD lost out so he wanted something up on the board badly so he overpaid for a marginal tackle - maybe with some potential. Could of waited and got Fant a lot cheaper.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, ageingjetfan said:

Cohesion may be our big bugaboo. If practices are curtailed some the talent level will not be our biggest drawback. Douglas upgraded the talent but with NFL coaching,  defenses r much more complicated than anything our rookies could imagine or have seen in college. Additionally, we r not replacing one guy. It is quite possible the entire line will be new to each other.  Reps r paramount of course and this will be an issue due to the pandemic imo. I cannot recall any other team who changed five guys up front. Anyone know of another team who did this? If so was it successful?We will have much better talent but does it follow we don't see a drastic change until these guys get lots of reps and cohesion develops

A legitimate concern. These guys need to work together in person. 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, KRL said:

Didn't these "experts" just savage everyone that Douglas brought in during free agency?

What a difference a Becton makes to these clickbaiting knuckleheads.  

After JD FA additions...the so called "experts" probably had Jets OL still near the bottom.  Then ya add some Becton yeast.  Voila...rises to 2nd most improved.  

The improvement was such after FA...that before the draft...there was serious discussions here at JN...as to whether Jets should use pick #11 for tackle or WR. 

No matter what side you were on...it was a legit debate.   The consensus was...Jets would most likely take both a tackle and wideout in rounds 1-2.  

Guess we're the experts?

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Because they drafted ahead of us and signed the free agent was on top of our wish list but refused to pay?

I am glad we didn't get Conklin. I did not see all the fuss being made over him. As mentioned below, especially for the Jets pass blocking is more important and Conklin is not really that great at pass blocking. Like the guys we ultimately signed TBH.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, KRL said:

Didn't these "experts" just savage everyone that Douglas brought in during free agency?

Yes, 2 goobers who have never played a down of Football in their life but know how to create a killer web page/blog, sat and discussed how utterly unimpressed they were with what the Jets were doing at OL.  Broke down every FA acquisition and basically said every single player they picked up sucks (despite their solid grades for said players the season before) and they actually didnt do anything to improve their OL.  So what gives?  1 draft pick?

PFF is terrible.  Cant believe anyone actually gives them any real consideration on their analysis.  

• Upvote 1

I love the additions we made on the O-line, but this is going to be a real rough year for the Jets (especially early on). It's gonna take a while for them to get on the same page considering the circumstances. 

Btw, I'm very high on Cleveland this year. They had the worst Tackle duo in the league last year. What a difference. And their interior O-line is already solid. Look for Baker and Odell to have big years.

14 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Because they got the best tackle available in free agency and drafted a tackle who is a safer bet than the one we drafted?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Oh the overrated Conklin and the T from the school with the highest bust rates of first rounders in the last decade? Sweet.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RobR said:

Hopefully I can get to meet a few more of you guys during next years draft in person. @Paradis invited me to the zoom conference call and once I learned it wasn't about Marijuana equities I politely declined. 

Ha!  NFL is planning to give Vegas another shot at hosting the Draft.  Not in 2021 but in '22 I believe.  Unless there's a locust infestation or alien invasion I plan to be there.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

I love the additions we made on the O-line, but this is going to be a real rough year for the Jets (especially early on). It's gonna take a while for them to get on the same page considering the circumstances. 

Btw, I'm very high on Cleveland this year. They had the worst Tackle duo in the league last year. What a difference. And their interior O-line is already solid. Look for Baker and Odell to have big years.

The browns roster outside of Qb is sick

15 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Because they got the best tackle available in free agency and drafted a tackle who is a safer bet than the one we drafted?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

One could argue that Jason Peters is better than Conklin and Daniel Jeremiah believes Becton was the best tackle in this past draft. PFF sees it differently, but they also believed in Jachai Polite. So take their opinion with a grain of salt.

21 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's sort of like the guy dating a girl who his friends think is a 2... he breaks up with her and starts seeing a 6.

He made a big upgrade, probably the biggest one he will ever will make in his life.

His friends will give him credit for doing a lot better than he was before, but a 6 is still a 6. They're still not impressed.

Guys who would be lucky to be 2's rating women at all is a farce. Time to look in the mirror.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Every school has duds and studs.  Julio Jones and Derrick Henry played for Alabama

I'll take the SEC method of finding "studs and duds" over the old Pac-12 method.  Mario Cristobal from 'Bama totally changed the recruiting game on the West Coast.  And it's been amazing to see.  We've never had a guy who tries to get NFL caliber players at every position.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Every school has duds and studs.  Julio Jones and Derrick Henry played for Alabama

Yeah as did Trent Richardson, Dee Miliner, Cam Robinson, Ardarius Stewart, Bo Scarbrough, TJ Yeldon, Greg McElroy, Quinnen Williams, AJ McCarron. Lots of duds to go round.