Quinnen Williams Article

KRL

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

How so?

Not looking to argue cowbell, I honestly don’t know what you mean.

"As of today, there is absolutely nothing “rare” about him. Saying he was “Average” would be pushing it."

is that not making a judgment  about the guy?

i was just pointing out the guy played with a pretty severe  sprain the whole season. I give him a lot of credit for just sitting 3 games alone and being somewhat productive. 

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

"As of today, there is absolutely nothing “rare” about him. Saying he was “Average” would be pushing it."

is that not making a judgment  about the guy?

i was just pointing out the guy played with a pretty severe  sprain the whole season. I give him a lot of credit for just sitting 3 games alone and being somewhat productive. 

Ah, ok.Thats fair, I’ll agree with giving him credit for that.

He was a rookie. I don’t think saying he was “average, at best” at his position is a knock. I expected more, but I think the potential is there.

I certainly don’t think he displayed any “rare” ability however. I’ll stand by that one.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Ah, ok.Thats fair, I’ll agree with giving him credit for that.

He was a rookie. I don’t think saying he was “average, at best” at his position is a knock. I expected more, but I think the potential is there.

I certainly don’t think he displayed any “rare” ability however. I’ll stand by that one.

It's  rare you see guys as big as he is who are as athletic as him. That is what I find rare and it can allow him to play inside or outside because he has the size to be an interior lineman  and the athleticism to play outside as well. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  rare you see guys as big as he is who are as athletic as him. That is what I find rare and it can allow him to play inside or outside because he has the size to be an interior lineman  and the athleticism to play outside as well. 

I think you are being very generous with those statements, but it’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it.

We’re both pulling for the kid, let’s hope he becomes the player we all want him to be.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Fact - only N95 rated masks - properly worn - will protect against COVID. That's why medical professionals treating COVID patients wear them. Regular or surgical masks will not stop the airborne virus particulates (which can remain airborne for 3 hours) that are so small they pass right through any non N95 rated mask. The particulates are emitted while talking and breathing and pass right through non N95 masks.

Not fact. I wear an N95 when intubating and extubating covid-19 patients because the particles are aerosolized. However, normal breathing involves droplets. Using a regular mask while not perfect helps reduce spread. The only part people get mixed up on is that the mask is more to prevent the infected from spreading as many germs than it is to prevent the wearer from being infected. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Not fact. I wear an N95 when intubating and extubating covid-19 patients because the particles are aerosolized. However, normal breathing involves droplets. Using a regular mask while not perfect helps reduce spread. The only part people get mixed up on is that the mask is more to prevent the infected from spreading as many germs than it is to prevent the wearer from being infected. 

No comment - political in nature. But - until the new forums are established I'll state that you might as well wear a fish net stocking as a mask to protect yourself. The COVID particles are smaller than a regular or surgical mask will prevent you from being infected.

Particulate matter will stay airborne for up to three hours depending upon environmental conditions and only N95 masks will give you the only degree of protection that is available?

Yes. if you are contagious and couch or sneeze, a regular mask will help to prevent spread, but those big particles will quickly fall to the ground.

Do you dispute the fact that contagious people will spread the virus by merely breathing or talking while wearing a mask?  And that your only protection is to wear a N95 mask?

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

After the protests, how can you expect people to go back to the social distancing?

ive only been back on Long Island for a week now, down in SC it was very different. We were very lucky. I can’t imagine what you guys have been through for 3 months.

i mean, I’ve heard the stories from my family, and they tell me things are easing up, but I can’t believe how deserted the roads and shopping centers are. 

Its eerie.

Yea its freaky. But with the protests, its like the a ticker tape parade.  Thousands on top of each other.  And its in most major cities. Yet so many just keep thinking Oh I wont get it so who gives a bleep. Its just really bizzare.

2 hours ago, TheMo said:

There is nothing to debate. I'm a physician we study this stuff for a living. China likely hid the spread and the US compounded this by literally burying it's head in the sand. @slats was spot on. It's public health science, it's not politics. 

Uhhh that's a political statement AND an accurate one!

ost.jpg

QW's mindset is the key for him having a breakout type of year.  He has the raw talent to be a dominant impactful player.  To be a wrecking ball in the backfield. 

He's capable this year...to give Jets near 8 sacks.  With numerous  hits, pressures and TFLs.  All while being double teamed.  And if QW is diligently sticking to his diet and workout regimen...these stats are attainable.  

If QW has a breakout year...add to that the additions acquired through FA/draft...this will take the Jets defense to another level.  Others around him can feed off his play and excel. The D could be top 5 this year...if QW performs up to his capabilities. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheMo said:

There is nothing to debate. I'm a physician we study this stuff for a living. China likely hid the spread and the US compounded this by literally burying it's head in the sand. @slats was spot on. It's public health science, it's not politics. 

Thanks man. 

It shouldn't be political. I'll add this, Gov. Cuomo -not a conservative!- made many of the same mistakes early for most of the same reasons: keeping the economy moving. But he was telling people early on that it was no big deal and people should just go about their lives and then -boom!- NYC is the epicenter of the virus. I'm retired in Mexico right now (also not a political choice, just love summer weather the very low cost of living), and I can say that as bad of a job as the US has done that this country, with its liberal populist president, is doing even worse. Again, the same reason, putting money ahead of the public health. 

Liberal or conservative, the countries that did the best job trusted the science and put the public health first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Uhhh that's a political statement AND an accurate one!

ost.jpg

I guess I am saying what @slats better articulated. Cuomo sucked too. Should be getting far less credit than he does. Basically completely screwed up the initial response and got praised for pontificating correctly after he let thousands die. So I am happy to call out any politician who tried to make this anything other than a health crisis. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

No comment - political in nature. But - until the new forums are established I'll state that you might as well wear a fish net stocking as a mask to protect yourself. The COVID particles are smaller than a regular or surgical mask will prevent you from being infected.

Particulate matter will stay airborne for up to three hours depending upon environmental conditions and only N95 masks will give you the only degree of protection that is available?

Yes. if you are contagious and couch or sneeze, a regular mask will help to prevent spread, but those big particles will quickly fall to the ground.

Do you dispute the fact that contagious people will spread the virus by merely breathing or talking while wearing a mask?  And that your only protection is to wear a N95 mask?

To the bold part I would say that regular masks are specifically for what you mentioned. We don't consistently aerosolize tracheal secretions. Where are you getting information from? What is your background? Why does this have to be political? It's science. The whole reason I responded was because while @Maxman is trying to move political stuff elsewhere I doubt he has an issue with debating a scientific question. I have not and see no need to bring politics into a medical science question. Why do you?

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like Quinnen should be a 3-4 end where he won’t get beat to sh*t as much. He might be miscast as a DT. He gives me Shaun Ellis vibes in that we’re going to waste some of his career playing out of position

I'm not sure that he is out of position as a DT.  It is possible, but I think he is (was I hope) a youngster that didn't learn to own his job yet.  Young people are energetic and enthusiastic, but from my experience, it takes some time for newly minted workers to really learn what it means to "own your job"   QW is  a good guy.  He's just learning now what the rest of us did.  Work is *work* 

• Upvote 2

Why is covid being hotly discussed in a QW thread? I thought there was space for this in Le Club?

Oh to be fair to QW. We have been quick to point out his less than chiseled physique (me included) but lets be honest. Over the years Plenty of top DTs have had the same body type. Dude just needs to get it done this year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

Thanks man. 

It shouldn't be political. I'll add this, Gov. Cuomo -not a conservative!- made many of the same mistakes early for most of the same reasons: keeping the economy moving. But he was telling people early on that it was no big deal and people should just go about their lives and then -boom!- NYC is the epicenter of the virus. I'm retired in Mexico right now (also not a political choice, just love summer weather the very low cost of living), and I can say that as bad of a job as the US has done that this country, with its liberal populist president, is doing even worse. Again, the same reason, putting money ahead of the public health. 

Liberal or conservative, the countries that did the best job trusted the science and put the public health first. 

That's a fair post much better then the first one.. However if you listened to the World Health Organization they lied their butt off and protected China..

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Why is covid being hotly discussed in a QW thread? I thought there was space for this in Le Club?

Oh to be fair to QW. We have been quick to point out his less than chiseled physique (me included) but lets be honest. Over the years Plenty of top DTs have had the same body type. Dude just needs to get it done this year.

Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork, William Perry, Tony Siragusa, Kris Jenkins, etc... 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Hopefully he becomes that 300 pound bar of soap we heard about last year, slipping thru the line and making plays. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

This was an April 27th Twitter posting. QW...is looking good here...

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm a cockeyed optimist, so I'm sure my views are somewhat skewed that direction, but I legitimately believe QW will have a good year this year.  A high Ankle sprain is more debilitating and hangs around longer than most likely realize.

I know this hits close to home for you......is Ferenz in trouble?

19 hours ago, RobR said:

Considering this was from a week ago, I think he needs a new trainer.

101055144_3122295647860318_6450985016436

strength isn't all about looking strong.  i guess it does look like qwill isn't working out but so much depends on all of the body works together.  you can have chiseled arms but if your legs aren't strong then you just won't be able to be a decent football player.

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

I know this hits close to home for you......is Ferenz in trouble?

No, I don't think so.   Obviously he's the man in charge of everything, so he has to be aware of issues involving other coaches on his staff and wasn't.  That said, all of the allegations made by former players, most all of them also say that KF isn't the issue, it was the strength coach.  Now like I said, KF is the CEO so it's his job to know these issues and he didn't, but ultimately I think even the players making the allegations back Ferentz as most have said so publicly.

I could go into a lot more detail, as it's a very grey situation.  I think it's less about overt racism than it is not understanding how much of a culture shock black kids from urban areas have coming to Iowa.  But I'm not sure anyone cares to get that deep into it, so I won't for now.

But to answer your question, I do not think Ferentz is fired over this.  Doyle for sure will be.

29 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No, I don't think so.   Obviously he's the man in charge of everything, so he has to be aware of issues involving other coaches on his staff and wasn't.  That said, all of the allegations made by former players, most all of them also say that KF isn't the issue, it was the strength coach.  Now like I said, KF is the CEO so it's his job to know these issues and he didn't, but ultimately I think even the players making the allegations back Ferentz as most have said so publicly.

I could go into a lot more detail, as it's a very grey situation.  I think it's less about overt racism than it is not understanding how much of a culture shock black kids from urban areas have coming to Iowa.  But I'm not sure anyone cares to get that deep into it, so I won't for now.

But to answer your question, I do not think Ferentz is fired over this.  Doyle for sure will be.

Thanks. If the players have your back, it's got to be a good thing. Like Dabo at Clemson.

23 hours ago, slats said:

Blaming China is silly when you look at all the things the US did wrong, especially when you can look around the world and see countries who did a much better job. 

One country that you can say did a "better job" than the US (and everyone else) is Taiwan, who instinctively took whatever the WHO said as Chinese propaganda. 

World Health Organization on Twitter on Jan 14:

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,"

Absolutely astounding.  

And at that very moment China was in beast mode, scouring the planet for all things PPE, importing all the masks and PPE and pharmaceuticals that US and Australia could sell them.

Bottom line is that China itself is more culpable for Covid than the rest of the planet combined. Finger pointing outside China's sphere is simply partisan beefing, very much includes our governments in DC and Albany.  

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

And that's it.  

He's been given the benefit of the doubt after a quiet rookie campaign and an inexcusable airport/handgun incident. If he keeps hanging out with professionals and taking his job seriously, we should see a productive football player. That would be good, not an irrational expectation, and would make Jet fans happy.

But at this point I seriously doubt we'll ever see QW rip up the NFL. Not without an Alzadoesque helping of roids, anyway.   

28 minutes ago, sackdance said:

And that's it.  

He's been given the benefit of the doubt after a quiet rookie campaign and an inexcusable airport/handgun incident. If he keeps hanging out with professionals and taking his job seriously, we should see a productive football player. That would be good, not an irrational expectation, and would make Jet fans happy.

But at this point I seriously doubt we'll ever see QW rip up the NFL. Not without an Alzadoesque helping of roids, anyway.   

Please.  He was transporting a handgun (that he had a license for) acrossed state lines that was still properly holstered and separated from its ammo.  "Incident"... It wasn't like he shot himself in the foot.  It just wasn't within licensed within NY code & regs.  If that's the case he deserves a fine for negligence.  And he's taking his offseason regimen serious along with having a full time chef screen his daily calorie intake.  That's a professional, responsible player taking his career seriously.  No different from any other young rookie.  Just because he didn't have a break out season... some of us are jumping all over him for mo good reason.  That's irrational.

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Please.  He was transporting a handgun (that he had a license for) acrossed state lines that was still properly holstered and separated from its ammo.  "Incident"... It wasn't like he shot himself in the foot.  It just wasn't within licensed within NY code & regs.  If that's the case he deserves a fine for negligence.  And he's taking his offseason regimen serious along with having a full time chef screen his daily calorie intake.  That's a professional, responsible player taking his career seriously.  No different from any other young rookie.  Just because he didn't have a break out season... some of us are jumping all over him for mo good reason.  That's irrational.

You realize you're making a big azz excuse for him, right?   

1) Legally - no excuse. Alabama rules a handgun in NJ/NY do not apply - it's a LOT tighter here. QW was arrested at an airport with a handgun (no ammo, which is good). But suffice it to say, gun + airport = a peak 'know before you go' mentality that any gun owner has to have, no exceptions.

2) Above is legally he had no excuse. But let's ask ourselves this: Does a 22-year old pro athlete in the tri-state area really need to exercise his 2nd amendment rights to bear arms? At very worst, you might think he's hanging with an unsavory crowd - I personally don't think that's the case. I don't think any one does.

But I do think the lengths he'd have to go to secure handgun here might indicate distraction; as far as a rookie football players go, I have to wonder if securing handguns and 'football first' mentalities are mutually exclusive. I know what it takes to get a handgun permit in NJ, it's a pain in the butt. I would rather learn that a rookie is a gym rat.  

1 hour ago, sackdance said:

You realize you're making a big azz excuse for him, right?   

1) Legally - no excuse. Alabama rules a handgun in NJ/NY do not apply - it's a LOT tighter here. QW was arrested at an airport with a handgun (no ammo, which is good). But suffice it to say, gun + airport = a peak 'know before you go' mentality that any gun owner has to have, no exceptions.

2) Above is legally he had no excuse. But let's ask ourselves this: Does a 22-year old pro athlete in the tri-state area really need to exercise his 2nd amendment rights to bear arms? At very worst, you might think he's hanging with an unsavory crowd - I personally don't think that's the case. I don't think any one does.

But I do think the lengths he'd have to go to secure handgun here might indicate distraction; as far as a rookie football players go, I have to wonder if securing handguns and 'football first' mentalities are mutually exclusive. I know what it takes to get a handgun permit in NJ, it's a pain in the butt. I would rather learn that a rookie is a gym rat.  

No.  I don't see how I am making a big azz excuse for him.  He wasn't in a criminal situation.  He wasn't putting the public at risk.  The  gun wasn't loaded.  It was stored and holstered.  It would be an excuse if  his intent was to cause harm or he was in the middle of transporting it somewhere for that exact reason.  If the authorities want to make a point to him that "hey the laws are a lot tighter here and we're going to have to rap you on the knuckles." Then I imagine it will be a substantial fine and community service.  One which he deserves.  But I am not making any grand assumptions on his character because I don't think there is a need for any.  If he got caught in a club at 2 AM smelling like whiskey and tripping on Ecstacy... with the loaded gun in his wasteband.  Yeah.  I'd think he wasn't collecting for the Boy Scouts.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, 14 in Green said:

I’m not going to start gushing about a pro athlete hiring a trainer and nutritionist during the offseason and giving up cookies and milk.

It’s something just about every player in any pro sport has been doing for years now.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 8.36.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 8.37.04 PM.png

• Haha 2