2010 AFC Championship Game Airing Tonight

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Pretty painful but '98 crushed me.

The Jets had that lead in Denver in the 3rd Quarter.  Easy Ed McCaffrey gets loose on a 3rd and long....a couple plays later Terrell Davis is in the end zone.  A kickoff hangs in the Mile High wind and Denver takes over again and scores.  It was all over in the blink of an eye.

The biggest problem with that year vs. 2010 and 2011 AFCCG losses is that I GUARANTEE the Jets would have won the Super Bowl.  We had already beaten the Falcons earlier that season.  The Jets would have won that Super Bowl something like 27 - 10.

Both were extremely painful but after 1998 we had a decade plus of good football, after 2010 we got crap for a decade.  Also, we had a chance late in the 2010 game, we didn't have a chance late in 1998.

While I think we would have beat the falcons i don't think it would have been as easy as many think. We crushed them 28-3 at home but they had 75 year old Steve DeBerg at QB.  They were a different team with Chris Chandler.  

• Upvote 2

I would rather watch Real Housewives reruns with the wife.  I was at that game in Pittsburgh, and i have no interest in ever seeing any highlights.  The memories are too painful.  Last year in Philly with Luke Falk starting was way more fun than that one in Pitt.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

So like if the 2010 jets played the 2020 jets... do we really think it would be a landslide victory for the 2010 squad?

2020 Jets win because the 2010 Jets were not prepared that night.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

My god, what an atrocious set of play calls there. Greene was running people over to get them down there. 

Absolutely.  I forgot how good our blocking was back then. Aside from the OL we also had Richardson and Braylon.  And Greene was definitely a beast. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, nyjunc said:

7 PM tonight on CBS sports network.

This game might be the most painful in Jets history with what has happened since but for this info is for those who want to see what it was like when the Jets were good.

As a Jets fan that has been watching since our starter was Ken O'Brien, this Jets win was my most enjoyable. That team had an identity. Ground and pound. I can see Rex pumping his fist as he chugged down the sideline celebrating Shonn Greene's dagger touchdown with him laying down in the endzone with the football used as a pillow. I savored that look on Brady's face as he was realizing the Jets just knocked their #1 seed out the playoffs on their home field. I lost count of how many times I watched the Sal Pal interview of Bart Scott on the field right after the game. We we're close to a championship that year. I can't wait to get back to the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, Revis said:

rewatching this game it's depressing how much more talented that group compared to this one.  Vastly superior O-line and targets, Linebackers and secondary is night and day.

Amazing how much better a team can be with talent

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

What a bad memory. After the divisonal game win vs NE I'd have bet anything the Jets would have come out like gangbusters in the AFCCG.

Completely unprepared. Rex's worst moment.

I don't know if they were unprepared.

I'd say they were underperforming in a big game. They weren't used to playing those big games like the steelers were. The steelers made a few more plays, and fewer mistakes.

That's experience. You lose a few when you're learning how to win. Unfortunately, the team never got another chance to play in the post-season.

Watching that game it was amazing how bad the run defense was in the 
first half.  PIT RB's controlled the game and chewed up the clock.
Also Roethlisberger's mobility took advantage of our slow front 7
multiple times.  Cromartie had a bad game with a couple of killer
penalties