George Kittle

10 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The 2017 draft has produced two guys with very legit GOAT potential at their positions. If Kittle and Mahomes continue on their current trajectory for another decade+, both will absolutely destroy every TE and QB comparison ever.

That draft was loaded dude.  There are like 10 legit HOF caliber players from that draft.

Garrett, Adams, CMC, Watson, Mahomes, Kittle, Kamara, Lattimore, White, Cook, Watt...

Tons of other quality/probowlers as well and what do the Jets have to show for it?  A guy demanding a trade and Marcus Maye.

******* Big Mac

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You couldn’t get George Kittle from the Niners for two Jamal Adamses

We’d need to throw in Bell & subsidize his salary to replace Mostert. 
That’s the thing about this whole situation, if you look around the league at other guys who have been franchised, none of them would trade for Adams straight up. 
Ngokeou? Jax wouldn’t, Kittle? 49ers wouldn’t, Cowboys won’t do it for Collins, the position just doesn’t warrant a crazy long term contract. Hell, the Cowboys don’t even want to pay their QB. Im sure Jones was excited of the prospect of getting Adams with 2 years left, but when Adams agent started throwing around renegotiating his contract starting at 20 million Jerry & Steve probably spit their Dirty Martinis out. 
Nothing is happening with Adams except his twitter rants. JD is holding firm, no team is trading equal value + paying him. Jamal plays or he holds out. He loses at every turn, especially if he holds out & the defense balls out & guys like Davis & Onwasour fill the void. 
Adams is f*cked any which way you look at it. JD won’t play the fool & take less for a guy claiming to be THE BEST. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

That draft was loaded dude.  There are like 10 legit HOF caliber players from that draft.

Garrett, Adams, CMC, Watson, Mahomes, Kittle, Kamara, Lattimore, White, Cook, Watt...

Tons of other quality/probowlers as well and what do the Jets have to show for it?  A guy demanding a trade and Marcus Maye.

******* Big Mac

Well how about the 49ers drafting Solomon Thomas, Titans drafting Corey Davis, and Bears drafting Mitchell Trubisky? Jets aren’t the only team with egg on their face. 

Not trying to get political, but if Mahomes and Watson were white they are probably the first two guys taken. Crazy that 3 of the Top 5 QBs in the NFL were underdrafted black QBs. I think we are moving in the right direction as Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield were both unorthodox number 1 overall picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

51 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You'd have to throw in lifetime Arby's. 

Gross man. sh*tty fast food deli meat. Jamal wouldnt be worth a bag of plain roast beef sandwiches, let alone a lifetime supply. 

Now....maybe a lifetime supply of Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches and we may have a deal. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

******* Big Mac

For sure. I was going to mention that it has the potential to be an all time draft class, but to me, it's even more impressive to have two serious GOAT potentials in the same draft. I can't think of another class that has two GOAT quality players at their positions.

I was also going to include Adams who is currently on pace to be in the top 5 all time, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that I think I have less than 5 JA related posts in my entire posting history on JN, and would like to keep it that way...because the extremests on both sides are so ******* idiotic.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You couldn’t get George Kittle from the Niners for two Jamal Adamses

Especially since even elite TE's come cheap.  The league has colluded to keep that position cheap, with the highest paid guy (Hunter Henry) only making a little over $10M in 2020.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The 2017 draft has produced two guys with very legit GOAT potential at their positions. If Kittle and Mahomes continue on their current trajectory for another decade+, both will absolutely destroy every TE and QB comparison ever.

No argument on Mahomes.

But Kittle, while having a really amazing start, is still nowhere near where Gronk was after three years.  Gronk had over 2,500 yards and 38 TDs.  Antonio Gates had over 2,400 yards and 25 TDs after three seasons.  While Kittle is the winner in yards (2,945), his 12 TDs don't quite lock in the GOAT position yet.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Especially since even elite TE's come cheap.  The league has colluded to keep that position cheap, with the highest paid guy (Hunter Henry) only making a little over $10M in 2020.

I always wonder why the TE is overlooked. Seems like that reliable, productive TE really helps the passing game.

Brady and Gronk, Garapollo and Kitlle, Mahomes and Kelce. Romo and Witten, Seattle got Graham for Wilson, Rivers had Gates, etc, etc.

Great to have that reliable outlet, that QBs best friend IMO

45 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No argument on Mahomes.

But Kittle, while having a really amazing start, is still nowhere near where Gronk was after three years.  Gronk had over 2,500 yards and 38 TDs.  Antonio Gates had over 2,400 yards and 25 TDs after three seasons.  While Kittle is the winner in yards (2,945), his 12 TDs don't quite lock in the GOAT position yet.

Agreed, but I didn't say either are GOATs right now. I'm saying that their career to date puts them on a trajectory to being discussed with the GOATs. Kittle's candidacy is a bit more shaky than Mahomes, but I'm a believe that for pass catchers (TE, WR, RB), TDs will follow if the catches and yards are there. Kittle is already ahead of Gronk and Gates in yards. Also, the other two had HOF caliber passers throwing them the ball their entire careers, whereas Kittle is in a run-first and run-second offense with a QB whom the coaches are unwilling to put too much on his plate. 

Lastly, Kittle is the best run blocking TE in the league and one of the top pass protection TEs in the league. Gronk and Gates were never considered near the top of either (although Gronk's run blocking was always a bit underrated I feel). 

Depending on how much weight you put on that, it gives him another leg up on the Gronks and Gonzalezs and Gates of the league. I don't put much because the game has evolved so much, but I put enough to edge him out over the others if they're all relatively even at the end of their careers for production numbers. 

edit: just did a first three year comp below. Kittle is first in catches and yards and second in 1st downs. TDs is definitely low, but again, I think the revolving door at QB his first three years didn't afford him enough red zone opportunities to cash in on TDs. We'll see.. As I said, his candidacy is more shaky than Mahomes, but he's still in the mix after three years. 

GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/T TD 1D
gronk 38 262 187 2663 10.16 38 144
kittle 37 306 216 2945 9.62 12 137
gates 41 296 194 2454 8.29 25 136
gonzo 31 260 168 1838 7.07 15 101

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Gross man. sh*tty fast food deli meat. Jamal wouldnt be worth a bag of plain roast beef sandwiches, let alone a lifetime supply. 

Now....maybe a lifetime supply of Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches and we may have a deal. 

I am sooo hungry right now ... you guys are killing me!!

and JIF chiming in talking about Big Mac's too !!!!

? ? :angry:

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. Drafting Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite is why he got fired. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Bah, we don;t need him we took both Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen ahead of him.

...and drafting Darron Lee, and Christian Hackenberg, and overpaying free agents, and...

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

...and drafting Darron Lee, and Christian Hackenberg, and overpaying free agents, and...

Yes, bit Quinnen was the last straw, imo. Gase literally checked out at that point. Polite was the sh*t icing on the turd cake. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes, bit Quinnen was the last straw, imo. Gase literally checked out at that point. Polite was the sh*t icing on the turd cake. 

That we didn't take Josh Allen, DE/OLB from Kentucky, will stick with me forever....or at least until QW is a Pro Bowler. :P

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Well how about the 49ers drafting Solomon Thomas, Titans drafting Corey Davis, and Bears drafting Mitchell Trubisky? Jets aren’t the only team with egg on their face. 

Not trying to get political, but if Mahomes and Watson were white they are probably the first two guys taken. Crazy that 3 of the Top 5 QBs in the NFL were underdrafted black QBs. I think we are moving in the right direction as Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield were both unorthodox number 1 overall picks. 

Not sure what the point is here, are you saying we should bring Mac back?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. Drafting Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite is why he got fired. 

He got fired for drafting two guys before last season before the season even started and the jury was in? 

No he wasn't, he was fired for outside of the first, couldn't find enough players.  

And for bonus points apparently was a dick to deal with

Pretty simple

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He got fired for drafting two guys before last season before the season even started and the jury was in? 

No he wasn't, he was fired for outside of the first, couldn't find enough players.  

And for bonus points apparently was a dick to deal with

Pretty simple

LOL.  Nope. Q was the last straw. Funny thing is, if we still had Rex, Bowles, Mangini, or Herm, Mac would still be here.

The drafting of yet ANOTHER DT the year after drafting your supposed FQB, who had zero legit playmakers and a garbage OL disgusted Gase to the point that he not only literally checked out of the rest of the draft,  he explained to Ownership why the man was a clueless dinosaur that needed to go. @SAR I

Glad you're better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I can't think of another class that has two GOAT quality players at their positions.

What it truly means to be "GOAT quality" is debatable, but 2007 had Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Darrelle Revis and Patrick Willis. That's pretty incredible.