**** this guy....

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I said he posted a message to fans right after the trade I don’t know or care which was first, I didn’t say his first post was us

Well that is what I said, the goodbye was an afterthought.

I have defended Jamal ad-nausea on this forum, I wanted him paid and if they paid him 15+ million, I was fine with that if that is what management  decided but I am going to call a spade a spade. He has acted like a giant A-hole on his way out. I have never seen such disrespect for an organization  where all he wanted was to get off the team. He got nothing except out of NY and his first reaction was not to say goodbye, it was to send a message that he is all in with Seattle. I would bet that it was his agent that told him to send a goodbye tweet. Did you see that idiot dancing by himself over this? If that doesn't  tell you he is totally jacked to be off this team, I don't  know what else to tell you. 

In all honesty, I am over him. I am fine with our new S and I am sure we will duplicate his production. I think GW is that good, but I am not going to say this guy was a class act on his way out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well that is what I said, the goodbye was an afterthought.

I have defended Jamal ad-nausea on this forum, I wanted him paid and if they paid him 15+ million, I was fine with that if that is what management  decided but I am going to call a spade a spade. He has acted like a giant A-hole on his way out. I have never seen such disrespect for an organization  where all he wanted was to get off the team. He got nothing except out of NY and his first reaction was not to say goodbye, it was to send a message that he is all in with Seattle. I would bet that it was his agent that told him to send a goodbye tweet. Did you see that idiot dancing by himself over this? If that doesn't  tell you he is totally jacked to be off this team, I don't  know what else to tell you. 

In all honesty, I am over him. I am fine with our new S and I am sure we will duplicate his production. I think GW is that good, but I am not going to say this guy was a class act on his way out. 

Same here.  I defended him for what he brings to a team on the field and still will.  Difference is up until the last few weeks, starting with the criticism of Woody then Gase and Douglas I could rationalize his baby self serving rants as just that.  The last month when he stepped it up to pointed attacks on people who sign his checks he went way to far and it was time to find the right deal.  The Jets reacted as they should, he outlived his attractiveness and had to go.  BONUS points to JD to have had a trade sitting in reserve and being able to get comp as if the last few weeks and immediacy it brought on and still get the same haul for this headache 

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Same here.  I defended him for what he brings to a team on the field and still will.  Difference is up until the last few weeks, starting with the criticism of Woody then Gase and Douglas I could rationalize his baby self serving rants as just that.  The last month when he stepped it up to pointed attacks on people who sign his checks he went way to far and it was time to find the right deal.  The Jets reacted as they should, he outlived his attractiveness and had to go.  BONUS points to JD to have had a trade sitting in reserve and being able to get comp as if the last few weeks and immediacy it brought on and still get the same haul for this headache 

I have gone from being a fan of Adams to a fan of JD. Nobody ever dreamed we would get the haul we did. The key is this is much better than any draft day trade because we are not swapping picks. This is like a historic trade in the NFL. I had my doubts  about JD since we have basically had a parade of clowns as GM and he had a rough start but I thought he played the draft well by addressing a need to help Sam and now this trade. Pete Carroll can try to spin this any way he wants with his we have not been getting impact players in the 20's, they gave up a boat load of value for this guy, way more than was even given up for Ramsey who IMO is better player and also in the top 3 or 5 in the league at his position. Same can be said for the DB Miami traded to Pittsburgh.  This was a beat down.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, King P said:

This whole thing has been talked about ad nauseum way before he got traded. It's over, so it's like at this point who cares.

Most of y'all wanted him traded, and he didn't want to be here anymore. If he's happy to get traded, good for him. Y'all are happy he's gone.

I don't feel the need to talk about how much I hate him or how I wish ill upon him, that's just stupid. That's not adult like either.

Let's just move on

Meh, it's a Jets forum and anyone would admit this is the biggest player news the team has had since drafting Darnold. 

Some people talked about others for a long time after they weren't on/associated with the team -- Sanchez, Geno, Rex, Idzik, Maccagnan talk has mostly died down but still pops up, etc. I don't see why Adams deserves to be immune, seeing as how he's the only one of the bunch who actually wanted off the Jets' team and is posting a video of him dancing to be with Seattle even though they haven't given him an extension either (and indeed, are paying him a small fraction of what the Jets paid him this season). **** him. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh, it's a Jets forum and anyone would admit this is the biggest player news the team has had since drafting Darnold. 

Some people talked about others for a long time after they weren't on/associated with the team -- Sanchez, Geno, Rex, Idzik, Maccagnan talk has mostly died down but still pops up, etc. I don't see why Adams deserves to be immune, seeing as how he's the only one of the bunch who actually wanted off the Jets' team and is posting a video of him dancing to be with Seattle even though they haven't given him an extension either (and indeed, are paying him a small fraction of what the Jets paid him this season). **** him. 

I don't think that's the case. His roster bonus is due when he reports to training camp every year, and this year he'll report in Seattle. OTC has Seattle paying it. 

well **** him anyway. Seattle traded 2 firsts, a third and a starter at the same position for a guy that will "demand" to be paid before next season begins and a 4th rounder.  JD got what we could only dream of getting for this headache of a player.  Seriously, people were doubting we would get a 1st for him since he will need to get paid to play beyond this year.  And I am not buying into the control due to tag and options.  That will not fly with this guy.  His goodwill gesture was passing on getting a new contract this year.  next year, the gloves come off if he isnt "shown respect" in the offseason with a fat contract.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

They have him for at least 2 years.  If they believe they have the team to win a bowl or two in that time it's worth it... kinda. :-)  

They are up against the cap as it is. Just last year they had to trade Frank Clark largely for cash reasons.  I think they will try to sign him, but he won't re-sign. But they have control for 4 years if they want it as security so it's fine I guess. 

Yea I could see him putting Seattle through the same crap next year. Thank goodness it’s outta here. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

They have him for at least 2 years.  If they believe they have the team to win a bowl or two in that time it's worth it... kinda. :-)  

They are up against the cap as it is. Just last year they had to trade Frank Clark largely for cash reasons.  I think they will try to sign him, but he won't re-sign. But they have control for 4 years if they want it as security so it's fine I guess. 

Can you imagine if Seattle doesn’t extend him after 2 years. He’ll end up being such a pain the Seattle will give a team a #1 just to be rid of him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2020 at 2:59 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

If he had done anything right he wouldn't have been traded.

Thank goodness he did everything wrong. Even if he did everything right and was a hip hip cheerio type guy, I still wouldn’t have signed him to a big contract extension.  Bottom line is, he’s just not worth it. So, it made it a lot easier and enjoyable to get rid of him since he acted like a spoiled brat.  

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Excuse me but there were plenty of deluded Jamal fans on here that insisted he was worth 2 1st round picks, and even then, wouldn’t trade him. So personally I’d like to thank those of you who ramped up his worth and made it possible for JD to swindle Seattle and acquire the 2 1st’s for him.  We couldn’t have done it without you guys. You will go down as heroes in JetNation history. 

Well... thank you very much.

I appreciate the kind words.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Well... thank you very much.

I appreciate the kind words.

Glad to see you back into the Jamal conversations, you've been awol for quite some time,,, Except for up voting the one or two people on here who still have the audacity to continue to have his back. I just would absolutely like to hear your explanation as to why this generational talent isn't making 20 million this year as you so eloquently averred in many past posts, and blaming JD for this supposed salary upgrade he would get, because he waited to long to trade him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GaryM said:

Glad to see you back into the Jamal conversations, you've been awol for quite some time,,, Except for up voting the one or two people on here who still have the audacity to continue to have his back. I just would absolutely like to hear your explanation as to why this generational talent isn't making 20 million this year as you so eloquently averred in many past posts, and blaming JD for this supposed salary upgrade he would get, because he waited to long to trade him.

This is why Jamal is not getting a raise from the Seahawks  and may never get one. Because he just showed the whole NFL what a moron he is. I can see no reason for him to go to Seattle other than to satisfy  his ego. This guy is not mentally  tough. He could not handle losing in NY. Seattle  has a small window to win a SB before their cap blows up which could be sooner than later. This was a smart play for Seattle if they win a SB and Adams makes a big play to seal it for them in the sense they gave up 2 first round picks to win one. I think any GM would do that. If they do, they most likely part ways after that and if they don't  they probably Tag him for a year and then trade him to someone else. 

Jamal is a really good player but he possibly  made the worst football business  decision  ever.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:10 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Its been reported that the parameters for the trade were worked out weeks ago and Seattle waited for the cap issues moving forward.  Once the NFL put a floor of $175 mil on next years cap they pulled the trigger on the trade.

Theyre going to sign him, they have to, they traded way too much to let him walk.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its been reported that the parameters for the trade were worked out weeks ago and Seattle waited for the cap issues mov ing forward.  Once the NFL put a floor of $175 mil on next years cap they pulled the trigger on the trade.

Theyre going to sign him, they have to, they traded way too much to let him walk.

my guess is the Adams/Seahawks deal is already done and will be announced right after the season or even sooner.  The whole "I'll take my 4th year salary" can vanish in the blink of an eye if Seattle wants.  Seahawks probably worked on this with Adams' agent w/permission of Jets.   So much goes on that never gets said.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

my guess is the Adams/Seahawks deal is already done and will be announced right after the season or even sooner.  The whole "I'll take my 4th year salary" can vanish in the blink of an eye if Seattle wants.  Seahawks probably worked on this with Adams' agent w/permission of Jets.   So much goes on that never gets said.  

I don't think so. That Manish piece never happens if Jamal and his team is involved in the trade. I believe the trade took him by surprise. It's been reported that he'll play under his rookie deal and that no future contract guarantees have been made, and I take that at face value. The Seahawks have to be completely aware of all of Jamal's antics leading up to this trade. Have to notice that Jamal didn't have many (any?) friends in the Jets' locker room. I understand that after giving up so much it would be a bad look to let him walk but, like the Jets, the Seahawks now have contractual control over him for the next three-four years. I think they made a serious mistake in making this trade and if they come to the same conclusion, they'd be foolish to pay him no matter what it looks like. I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion here, no matter what happens. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think so. That Manish piece never happens if Jamal and his team is involved in the trade. I believe the trade took him by surprise. It's been reported that he'll play under his rookie deal and that no future contract guarantees have been made, and I take that at face value. The Seahawks have to be completely aware of all of Jamal's antics leading up to this trade. Have to notice that Jamal didn't have many (any?) friends in the Jets' locker room. I understand that after giving up so much it would be a bad look to let him walk but, like the Jets, the Seahawks now have contractual control over him for the next three-four years. I think they made a serious mistake in making this trade and if they come to the same conclusion, they'd be foolish to pay him no matter what it looks like. I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion here, no matter what happens. 

Its been reported he'd play under that rookie deal this season I believe.  So even if he honors his word, which hes not big on, there's a good chance 2019-2020 gets a 2nd go at it in 2020-2021.  I think we're in agreement that Jamal and Seattle hadent talked money before the deal, that he was taken by complete surprise when the deal was announced like the rest of the non Jets/Hawks world.  

I do think given the reports of the deal being contingent on the cap situation the Seahawks were waiting to see if Jamal would fit under their cap theyre signing him and not creating a J Clowney situation.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I'd bet by now the agent has spoken to Schneider in some way.  

Youre not trading a usable player, two ones and three and then waiting a year to address what it will take to keep him a Seahawk.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, SAR I said:

What is he celebrating?  He's making the same money in a crappy, wet city on a team that won't make the playoffs and is cap-strapped.

He can put on a good face and make it look like he won, but he lost.  I feel sorry for the clown.

SAR I

Kinda like when OBJ got sent to Cleveland.  Two jerks sent packing.  We got a better return.  Haaaaa 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Kinda like when OBJ got sent to Cleveland.  Two jerks sent packing.  We got a better return.  Haaaaa 

Exactly.

There's a lot of peripheral noise about "Jets can't keep their best players" or "Jets want out of New York" or "there's a problem with Coach Gase" and what you need to always remember is:

Joe Douglas was never going to pay a box safety big money when he has Sam Darnold's megadeal coming up and a roster screaming for a bunch of  playmakers that only pricey FA's can fill.

Jamal could have been a Boy Scout and married Gase's daughter.  He still wasn't getting a megadeal from Joe Douglas.  Period.  So all that mattered is whether or not we were going to get something for Jamal before he walked.  And we did.

SAR I

Jamal Adams has gone from potentially becoming a "Jet for life" -- his old general manager's words, not his -- to talking about retiring as a member of his new team.

My, how quickly things can change in this football league. After making it known he wanted out of the franchise that brought him into the NFL with the sixth-overall pick of the 2017 draft, he's ready to build his forever football home in the Pacific Northwest.

"My plan is to retire here," Adams told reporters Thursday during his introductory press conference, per NFL Network's Omar Ruiz.

Adams was New York's brightest star of the future, brighter even than the franchise quarterback. He was a fan favorite, earning two Pro Bowl trips and drawing roars from crowds in Orlando during Pro Bowl practices just for simply jogging past them.

He's about to enter a much louder environment in Seattle.

"It's so surreal to be around a great organization like Seattle," Adams said in what can be read as a bit of a shot at his old team, via Q13 Fox's Aaron Levine. "To be coached by Hall of Famers, to play with (future) Hall of Famers ... I'm here to help and I can't wait to get out there with the 12s."

The 12s will be more than happy to welcome in one of the best young defenders in the NFL to a unit that already includes premier linebacker Bobby Wagner. Adams said Thursday he told Wagner "I'm here to help you," per Ruiz.

"There is no starting role yet for me. I have to earn it," Adams said.

Performative declarations aside, Adams will have earned his job by simply walking through the door. The 2019 All-Pro selection required multiple first-round picks to secure, and he'll command a top-dollar contract before long.

He'll likely be remembered in New York for his game-changing plays, his confidence and swagger, and his discontent that ultimately forced his way out of town.

He made sure to make one key point clear Thursday: Despite the way things ended on the opposite coast, he is not a trouble-maker.

"I'm here to play ball, I'm not a distraction in the locker room," Adams said. "I've never been in trouble in my life. I'm far from a problem."

The only problem Adam plans to be is one for opposing offenses. He'll get to work toward becoming one with Wagner and the rest of Seattle's defense starting with this training camp.

"How would I describe us linking up? It's a cheat code, man," Adams said of his joining Wagner in Seattle, via KOIN's AJ McCord. "It's a cheat code."

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Its been reported that the parameters for the trade were worked out weeks ago and Seattle waited for the cap issues moving forward.  Once the NFL put a floor of $175 mil on next years cap they pulled the trigger on the trade.

I heard that too. Very interesting stuff right there. 

The thing is it takes two to tango. I believe Jamal wants to go to Dallas at all costs.  He will have to be blown away to sign with the Hawks imo.  I think Seattle will try to sign him but its not gonna be easy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I heard that too. Very interesting stuff right there. 

The thing is it takes two to tango. I believe Jamal wants to go to Dallas at all costs.  He will have to be blown away to sign with the Hawks imo.  I think Seattle will try to sign him but its not gonna be easy. 

I think the issue is the Cowboys have to want him.  Or to be able to fit him under their cap.  

Jamal gave the Jets that list of teams he would like to go to, I think ideally he would have liked to go to the Boys but like you said, it takes two and I dont think Dallas ever made an offer.  They may have called to get an idea of what it would take to trade for Adams but I think most of that report was another case of the media taking a Adams possible trade and then matching him with Dallas given it was his team growing up.

• Upvote 1

I'd bet by now the agent has spoken to Schneider in some way.  
Youre not trading a usable player, two ones and three and then waiting a year to address what it will take to keep him a Seahawk.  

You guys all seem to forget SEA has him locked away for 3 years at a bargain. They can easily trade him again in a couple years and recoup at least a 1st back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

If the 2020 season is cancelled, does that push out the players contract years as well?  Would love to see Jamal have to wait an extra year.

To my understanding....It depends on when the season is cancelled.  If it happens before Week 1, the season won't count, and contracts get pushed out a year.

If Week 1 gets played then the season counts for all intents and purposes and salaries will mostly be guaranteed to be paid out, even if the season gets cancelled prior to Week 2. 

Hence why the NFL didn't want to cancel preseason:  They wanted to use the preseason to test out COVID gameday protocols and make sure nothing went wrong.  If something did go wrong, they could cancel prior to Week 1 and ensure that player salaries get pushed back a year.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 9:54 AM, More Cowbell said:

I have gone from being a fan of Adams to a fan of JD. Nobody ever dreamed we would get the haul we did. The key is this is much better than any draft day trade because we are not swapping picks. This is like a historic trade in the NFL. I had my doubts  about JD since we have basically had a parade of clowns as GM and he had a rough start but I thought he played the draft well by addressing a need to help Sam and now this trade. Pete Carroll can try to spin this any way he wants with his we have not been getting impact players in the 20's, they gave up a boat load of value for this guy, way more than was even given up for Ramsey who IMO is better player and also in the top 3 or 5 in the league at his position. Same can be said for the DB Miami traded to Pittsburgh.  This was a beat down.

I hope Carrol saying “we pick in the 20s anyway” comments come back to bite him in his azz like his choke sign vs Miami alll those years ago. 
Wilson tweaks a hammy & Jet fans celebrate every L in the Seattle box scores. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To my understanding....It depends on when the season is cancelled.  If it happens before Week 1, the season won't count, and contracts get pushed out a year.

If Week 1 gets played then the season counts for all intents and purposes and salaries will mostly be guaranteed to be paid out, even if the season gets cancelled prior to Week 2. 

Hence why the NFL didn't want to cancel preseason:  They wanted to use the preseason to test out COVID gameday protocols and make sure nothing went wrong.  If something did go wrong, they could cancel prior to Week 1 and ensure that player salaries get pushed back a year.

Thanks, there's a lot riding on that first game.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I think the issue is the Cowboys have to want him.  Or to be able to fit him under their cap.  

Jamal gave the Jets that list of teams he would like to go to, I think ideally he would have liked to go to the Boys but like you said, it takes two and I dont think Dallas ever made an offer.  They may have called to get an idea of what it would take to trade for Adams but I think most of that report was another case of the media taking a Adams possible trade and then matching him with Dallas given it was his team growing up.

Right. I think Dallas offer was strictly last year when they were trying to push for the post season. Once that was gone and they paid Cooper the entire landscape changed. We haven't heard a peep from Dallas throughout this whole debacle. 

Now Jamal is talking about wanting to retire a Hawk, but that's just an emotional motor mouth who's feeling that way today before he ev er plays a down for the team.  But who knows really? If Seattle can't give him what he "deserves"  he will more than likely be just as disdainful toward them as he was toward the Jets. Well... almost :)  

We should be rejoicing after receiving great return value for his position.  Our future looks brighter and for players in this team that want to follow his approach; could end up on the trading block as well.  I love the approach of team concept first from Joe D than being peer pressured by egocentric and narcissistic players.