**** this guy....

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I just think it’s great to have a SS that doesn’t need a sh*t ton of play calls designed to make him look like he’s worth the pick used to draft him. I mean, without 90 blitz calls Jamal is more a liability than a star.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This exactly! Marcus Maye played his rookie season like he was a seasoned vet. I remember Jamal running his mouth and was such a liability in coverage he looked like a guy they took out of the stands..

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve never seen a fan base taker a bigger sh*t on a player while he was playing at a pro bowl level...classless pricks. I don’t hope anyone gets injured. 

He basically asked for it with his big fking mouth.  Lay the blame on him.  Sorry your so butthurt over a player who had no regard... ZERO for you as a loyal fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/7/27/21340021/report-jamal-adams-not-looking-for-extension-seattle-seahawks-this-season-rookie-contract-2021-fifth

Report: Jamal Adams not looking for extension from Seahawks this season

By John P. Gilbert@JohnPGilbertNFL  Jul 27, 2020, 6:30am PDT

Over the weekend the Seattle Seahawks made a splash by sending two first round picks, a third round pick and Bradley McDougald to the New York Jets in exchange for Jamal Adams and a fourth round selection. The trade lit up the NFL news airwaves for the duration of the weekend, and has set expectations sky high for Seahawks fans who won’t even get to see their team on the field for more than six weeks. In the wake of the trade, fans and observers alike have set to wondering what a contract extension for Adams could look like, as he has previously stated that he wants to be the highest paid safety in football.

With two years left on his rookie contract, including the fourth and final year of the original deal plus the fifth year option, extending Adams at this point would have broken precedent for the Hawks who have publicly stated on multiple occasions that they only do extensions when a player has a single year left on their contract. Whether this could be a point of contention for Adams or not had been up in the air, though that appears to have been settled prior to the trade per Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network.

In short, no market resetting extension is imminent for Adams, and he and the team can work on an extension in the offseason once both sides see how well he fits into Pete Carroll’s system. This allows Adams to put together another season of film before working out a deal and with a better understanding on both sides of the potential economic impact of the coronavirus on league operations and the team’s salary cap going forward. For the team, they are able to maintain precedent on reworking contracts, and in a year should have the ability to work out an extension that lowers the 2021 cap hit for Adams while maintaining a similar cash flow to the player.

Basically, this is a win-win for the team and player, barring a situation where Adams suffers a significant injury during the 2020 season. That happening would likely prevent the team from extending him prior to 2021, while Adams would then be set to potentially become a free agent after his age 26 season after having re-established himself. In any case, no need to worry about the cap implications of an Adams extension at the moment, as it something that can be discussed after the season, assuming the season actually happens.

how in the **** is this a win for the team????  They gave up 2 first round picks and a 3rd to see if they want to keep him?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

how in the **** is this a win for the team????  They gave up 2 first round picks and a 3rd to see if they want to keep him?

And thereby handed Jamal the upper hand in negotiations. 

Over the next couple years, they'll either be handing him a contract that makes him one of the top 5 or so highest paid defensive players in the game OR will be forced to franchise tag him, during which time Jamal Adams will undoubtedly say he's been "disrespected" and try to force his way to Dallas again.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

He basically asked for it with his big fking mouth.  Lay the blame on him.  Sorry your so butthurt over a player who had no regard... ZERO for you as a loyal fan.

I’m not butt hurt or a loyal fan. I think the team sucks and has sucked for more years then I can remember but unlike a lot of fans I am realistic 

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:32 AM, k-met57 said:

i've never seen a player taker a bigger sh*t on a fan base walking out the door...classless prick. i hope he breaks his leg on the first play.

the guy is a piece of sh*t

he's proven that for 24+ months

**** him

seriously, as a human being, **** this ******* guy

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:12 AM, k-met57 said:

https://twitter.com/Playlikeajet1/status/1287762539783294977?s=20

From : The tense relationship between the #Jets and Jamal Adams began to crumble when he reached out to #Cowboys players during the trade deadline in an effort to convince Dallas brass to deal for him. The culmination of all of that landed him in Seattle instead.

And imagine, there are STILL people who wanted this guy around the NYJ team...HE DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. BIGGEST PIECE OF sh*t IN SPORTS.  **** THAT ******* GUY.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And thereby handed Jamal the upper hand in negotiations. 

Over the next couple years, they'll either be handing him a contract that makes him one of the top 5 or so highest paid defensive players in the game OR will be forced to franchise tag him, during which time Jamal Adams will undoubtedly say he's been "disrespected" and try to force his way to Dallas again.

happy to watch this play out from afar.

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:39 AM, artemusclyde said:

I mean, it goes both ways. I'm happy as **** they traded him for 2 firsts. Jamal's a good player, but he's a box safety, and he definitely isn't worth that price lol.

But I also hated us drafting this guy and still curse Bowles and his dumb ass for passing on Mahomes in favor of this idiot. I remember reading the rumors of that draft and seeing that the Jets were high on Mahomes, only for us to pass on him in favor of a box safety.

I was banging the table for Mahomes.  But it was never to be because that c**t Maccagnan would never draft a QB in the 1st Rd until his back was totally against the wall...to protect the job he was unbelievably hired for.  By the stupidest Owner in the NFL..”About to be fired as a Scout in Houston?  Come to NY and let me up your pay grade”.

See it never mattered what position Adams played.  He was Consenus, therefore he was the pick.  The worst part is Maccagnan MUST HAVE known that Hackenberg couldn’t play in the NFL at that point, yet his silence along with the pick of a Safety as the 6th pick in the 1st Rd bespoke that Hackenberg could play...when at the very moment Adams was drafted, the Jets NEEDED A QB IN THE WORST WAY.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It’s the offseason & this just happened yesterday. The Jets news cycle isn’t that fast that we should move on to something else already. Plus no one asked him to post how he feels about not being a Jet anymore.

You have to admit this isn’t exactly adult-like. I mean, go re-read McDougald’s post and then re-watch that video of Adams leadershipping all over his home. It’s not even like he got a pay raise or anything, seeing how he’s playing for $825K in Seattle this season. 

This whole thing has been talked about ad nauseum way before he got traded. It's over, so it's like at this point who cares.

Most of y'all wanted him traded, and he didn't want to be here anymore. If he's happy to get traded, good for him. Y'all are happy he's gone.

I don't feel the need to talk about how much I hate him or how I wish ill upon him, that's just stupid. That's not adult like either.

Let's just move on

• Post of the Week 3

On 7/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, SAR I said:

What is he celebrating?  He's making the same money in a crappy, wet city on a team that won't make the playoffs and is cap-strapped.

He can put on a good face and make it look like he won, but he lost.  I feel sorry for the clown.

SAR I

because he's on step closer to going where he wants to which is Dallas. He will never extend with the Hawks. 

It's gonna be funny when Dallas offers him average SS money. His little heart will break. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ugh, no he didn't.  Jamal's post started out all about the Seahawks.  The Jets were an afterthought and did anyone even care? I don't 

He wrote and posted a tweet thanking the NY fans. 

It shouldn’t have been that hard to find.  You can apologize 

Former LSU defensive back Adams, the sixth overall pick by the Jets in the 2017 NFL Draft, had requested to be traded having become frustrated that New York had not given him a new contract he felt his play warranted.

On Friday he took aim at head coach Adam Gase – suggesting he was not "the right leader" for the team – before turning his ire on general manager Joe Douglas, acts that may have ultimately played a part in his eventual trade the following day.

Yet Adams wrote a message to Jets fans on Twitter thanking them after learning of his trade.

"To NY & especially the Jets fans: I love you & will always love you," he said.

"You all will hold a special place in my heart forever. When I came into the league, you embraced me & watched me grow! We went through it all together. Thank you for the Luv & support these three years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He wrote and posted a tweet thanking the NY fans. 

It shouldn’t have been that hard to find.  You can apologize 

Former LSU defensive back Adams, the sixth overall pick by the Jets in the 2017 NFL Draft, had requested to be traded having become frustrated that New York had not given him a new contract he felt his play warranted.

On Friday he took aim at head coach Adam Gase – suggesting he was not "the right leader" for the team – before turning his ire on general manager Joe Douglas, acts that may have ultimately played a part in his eventual trade the following day.

Yet Adams wrote a message to Jets fans on Twitter thanking them after learning of his trade.

"To NY & especially the Jets fans: I love you & will always love you," he said.

"You all will hold a special place in my heart forever. When I came into the league, you embraced me & watched me grow! We went through it all together. Thank you for the Luv & support these three years.

Pretty sure this was his first tweet.

To the Seahawks Org & Fans: You have a man on a mission, a man all in on winning a Super Bowl, being the best leader & teammate he can be, & a man who will give everything he has to the city of Seattle and to the 12s all across the world. Thank you for believing in me

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2020 at 11:24 PM, GreenFish said:

We got two first round picks. Not zero like some fans were expecting...not 1 like most fans were expecting...but 2 like no fans were expecting. I’m just as happy as Jamal.

Excuse me but there were plenty of deluded Jamal fans on here that insisted he was worth 2 1st round picks, and even then, wouldn’t trade him. So personally I’d like to thank those of you who ramped up his worth and made it possible for JD to swindle Seattle and acquire the 2 1st’s for him.  We couldn’t have done it without you guys. You will go down as heroes in JetNation history. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

because he's on step closer to going where he wants to which is Dallas. He will never extend with the Hawks. 

It's gonna be funny when Dallas offers him average SS money. His little heart will break. 

Why would Seattle give up 2 #1’s if they have no intention of keeping him. They can extend him after this year and would probably offer a deal that would be hard to resist. That’s a lot to give up for a 2 year rental. But I could see him going free agent since he’s such a delusional talent. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Pretty sure this was his first tweet.

To the Seahawks Org & Fans: You have a man on a mission, a man all in on winning a Super Bowl, being the best leader & teammate he can be, & a man who will give everything he has to the city of Seattle and to the 12s all across the world. Thank you for believing in me

I said he posted a message to fans right after the trade I don’t know or care which was first, I didn’t say his first post was us

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Why would Seattle give up 2 #1’s if they have no intention of keeping him. They can extend him after this year and would probably offer a deal that would be hard to resist. That’s a lot to give up for a 2 year rental. But I could see him going free agent since he’s such a delusional talent. 

They have him for at least 2 years.  If they believe they have the team to win a bowl or two in that time it's worth it... kinda. :-)  

They are up against the cap as it is. Just last year they had to trade Frank Clark largely for cash reasons.  I think they will try to sign him, but he won't re-sign. But they have control for 4 years if they want it as security so it's fine I guess. 

• Upvote 1