Trevor Lawrence vs Sam Darnold - who would you rather have?

Who is better  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Jets QB?

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Ya never know.  The Jets may lay a big, fat egg this year AND the few teams that draft above them may already have QB's. 

Anything can happen however unlikely... 

why on earth would they do this?

One, your assume the first team to pick has a FQB.  99.999 % of the time they dont, which is why they suck bad enough to pick first.

If by some remote chance they dont need a QB they arent trading TL for what we will have to offer them. 

Id think he gets traded under that scenario to a team picking in the top 3 who want to guarantee their QB pick

4 hours ago, JiF said:

No doubt but neither players have disappointed.  Lawrence has lost 1 game and been a beast and Fields looks like he's ready to set the world on fire, both could be Nat'y winners.  Not only were they higher rated coming out of High School, they outperformed him in college.

FWIW - I'm not high on Burrow.  We'll see how it translates in the NFL but I think those expecting LSU Burrow in the NFL are gonig to be severly disappointed. 

And again, I'm not saying I'd take any of them over Sam, just simply stating facts. 

I agree with your assessment of Burrow.  I think he was on a loaded team that only was set up to win big but everything that could go right did.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jcass10 said:

Thankfully, the decision will more than be made for us.

If the Jets are in position to legitimately draft Lawrence, than Sam probably had a poor year, and the Jets will look to move on.

If Sam has a great year, the team wont be in position to take Lawrence.

Sounds good, but this isn't close to being true.

Sam could (and probably will) have another year like his first two. The Jets can still win 6 games and have somewhere around the 8 or 9 pick..

The only way to get Lawrence or Fields would be to package picks ad move up.

2 hours ago, GreekJet said:

For what it’s worth Douglas worked for a franchise that won a Super Bowl with Flacco and Trent Dilfer. I don’t think he’s the type that’s going to mortgage his career on a guy becoming a top 5-10 QB.

And another that won with Nick Foles

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah  but here's the deal. The word "generational" has gotten thrown around here quite a bit lately, and wrongly imo. But Trevor Lawrence truly is a "generational" talent and prospect. Sam wasn't and isn't.  

With our luck, Sam will be "adequate" for 8 years or so, and we'll miss our chance on a "Generational" talent. Its all just conjecture and discussion right now, and I WANT Darnold to be the answer....but in a vacuum, you take Lawrence every time.  

I wrote this the other day about generational.

Trevor is better than Marino, Montana, Brees, PManning, Rodgers, Luck, Brady etc today?

As were a whole lot those who were called that.  Like Darnold was, right here at one time.  

Because those guys head my my generation

2 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Sounds good, but this isn't close to being true.

Sam could (and probably will) have another year like his first two. The Jets can still win 6 games and have somewhere around the 8 or 9 pick..

The only way to get Lawrence or Fields would be to package picks ad move up.

Well than I guess that's worst case scenario. My point was, if Sam doesn't show any improvement and the Jets are near the top of the draft (thinking top 3-5), I'd be shocked if the Jets weren't interested in Trevor Lawrence, even if it requires a trade.

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Half our fans couldn't even pick Trevor Lawrence out of a line up!

Quiz:  Which one is Trevor Lawrence?

bella-martina-trevor-lawrence.jpg.595eb4258469af5ec655f19a1971dda0.jpgJoe-Dirt.jpg.e111de5c92019ac082cc623822ad8bc2.jpg

LOL

Lets not make Sam out to be a matinee idol though.

He looks like what would happen if Carrot Top and Joy Behar had a baby...

10 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

LOL

OK, other than to knock Sam, what does his looks have to do with being recognizable Trolly?

I can recognize a tone of actors and athletes that are ugly as dogs.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, other than to knock Sam, what does his looks have to do with being recognizable Trolly?

You didn't see the post joking about Lawrence's looks that I was quoting?

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If only Sam was as handsome as this bust

3B50F536-3B27-400B-AE39-D8DC8042688B.jpeg.8fec21f467cab817566cd0a44cab0a19.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Gun to my head?  Probably Lawrence.  Sam, as a prospect, was not far off for me.  As of today, I'm still happy we have one of the two.

I honestly didnt know wtf Sam was... playing for a meh USC team...

so...i was introduced during draft...  i wasnt really excited about the QB class...   i thought sticking at 6 and taking LJ might be worth a shot...

(no, i am not claiming i knew he would be MVP in 2 years, just that he was so ******* dynamic once he stuck his foot in the ground)

Trevor for me

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

why on earth would they do this?

One, your assume the first team to pick has a FQB.  99.999 % of the time they dont, which is why they suck bad enough to pick first.

If by some remote chance they dont need a QB they arent trading TL for what we will have to offer them. 

Id think he gets traded under that scenario to a team picking in the top 3 who want to guarantee their QB pick

Could be, yes...We are just kicking this around a bit... I see Jacksonville or the Panthers winding up with TL

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

LOL

If only Trevor could learn to grab his crotch.  You'd have a Hollywood idol to rival the likes of Clarke Gable, Rock Hudson and Brad Pitt...

• Haha 1

Darnold holds 72% of the vote, as of this moment. Incredible show of support by the fan-base. 

However, the minority is still sizeable, and its safe to assume that there are a number of 'soft' or reluctant Darnold voters that could be brought to the other side. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, THE BARON said:

If only Trevor could learn to grab his crotch.  You'd have a Hollywood idol to rival the likes of Clarke Gable, Rock Hudson and Brad Pitt...

If only trevor could drunkenly antagonize a bunch of cops at 2am after 3 Mike’s Hard Lemonades

• 1 month later...
Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm still firmly in Sam's corner but, if we get the #1 overall pick, we should take Trevor.

Not to overreact, but number 1 pick isn't that unlikely.

Especially if the injuries - specifically on the offensive side - continue to add up. 

I don't think Trevor is an improvement, especially without a good coach on his side. He's inheriting the same mess. So i'd prefer to keep Darnold and build around him. 

On 7/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, GreekJet said:

Lawrence is the answer, but the question is this. 

Sam Darnold and a boat load of picks or Trevor Lawrence?

What makes you think after yesterdays game we won't get the #1 pick in the 2021 NFL draft where Trevor Lawrence will announce he won't play for the NY Jets. 

• Upvote 1