I dont blame Darnold whatsoever

Team archer

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Obviously there is 15 more games to evaluate Darnold, but it’s hard to imagine it getting much better based on what we saw today. If Lawrence is on the board he’s the guy, but still think that’s a long shot.

Even if the Jets draft a rookie should Sam be that bridge QB? Or do you bring in a veteran?

If they somehow draft Lawrence they need to sit him year one while they continue to build up the supporting cast.  

Might as well let Sam finish taking the bullets and let Sunshine step into a more complete team year two. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Go fuuuck yourself. We will beat your ass next time

How can Jets fans be optimistic? I have lived through some god awful Bills teams. I never tried to convince myself they were good. Wake up. You lost your best receiver and your 2 best defensive players this year. You have arguably the worst head coach in the league. Your QB has gotten worse since his rookie season. You should be watching Trevor Lawrence highlights and rooting for losses the rest of the year.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

How can Jets fans be optimistic? I have lived through some god awful Bills teams. I never tried to convince myself they were good. Wake up. You lost your best receiver and your 2 best defensive players this year. You have arguably the worst head coach in the league. Your QB has gotten worse since his rookie season. You should be watching Trevor Lawrence highlights and rooting for losses the rest of the year.

Again....go fuuuck yourself...I will never root for us to lose and to be honest I think your Bills will fade badly this year Allen is just not very good either. you shouldn't be all that excited about this win. And don't tell me how to root for my team, I deal with enough negativity here I don't need a m'fing Bills troll gloating over a single win. Go the fuuuck away

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think your Bills will fade badly this year Allen is just not very good either

Allen is definitely still a work in progress but he has gotten better every year. His mistakes frustrate me, but when he makes mistakes it's because he's trying too hard. Not like Darnold who stepped out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. That should have been the moment you realized he will never be good. Your franchise will be held back until they get someone that has the mentality of a winner. I'm just stating facts.

41 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

How can Jets fans be optimistic?

You’re going to act like this fanbase holds a monopoly on deluding themselves into living in the land of make believe?

You chose to come to a JetNation dot com.  You’re surprised there’s a handful of people on this website that think the team will be just fine?

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You’re going to act like this fanbase holds a monopoly on deluding themselves into living in the land of make believe?

No, I know plenty of Bills fans that were still optimistic about EJ Manuel after he shat himself against the Jags in London. I never understood them either. But anyways I'll back out now. I'm not trying to be a troll. I only created an account because one jackass in the score prediction thread was saying some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever read in my life.

6 hours ago, Team archer said:

Hes doing everything he can with this trash offense. No qb can do anything with this. Every mistake he makes is because hes trying to make plays and hes looking dumb because of it. No talent on offense whatsoever. Trash recievers, bell is only trash because the line is bad and a work in progress. What else is sam suppose to do.

Gardner Minshew went 19/20 today with 3 TDs on a really really bad Jags team that sold off just about every talented player and they beat a playoff team (Colts). Enough with the excuses for Darnold for ****sakes. He needs to sack the **** up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Allen is definitely still a work in progress but he has gotten better every year. His mistakes frustrate me, but when he makes mistakes it's because he's trying too hard. Not like Darnold who stepped out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. That should have been the moment you realized he will never be good. Your franchise will be held back until they get someone that has the mentality of a winner. I'm just stating facts.

A Bills fan talking about winning??? After 20 years of the worst football in the NFL you have 1 playoff appearance and you think you have the right to talk about winning football? Your team has never won a SB bc Jim Kelly sh*t his pants and is a pussy. Go back to 2 Bills Drive with the rest of the hefty ladies. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

That's nice.

I'll be scouting Lawrence all season.

The problem is that you can’t realistically count on getting the number 1 pick.

Only one team is going to get the chance to draft Lawrence and the Jets have a well established habit of ensuring that they are never that team by winning meaningless games in November and December. 

Darnold turning into a good QB is probably more likely than us actually getting to pick number 1 overall. 

7 hours ago, Team archer said:

Hes doing everything he can with this trash offense. No qb can do anything with this. Every mistake he makes is because hes trying to make plays and hes looking dumb because of it. No talent on offense whatsoever. Trash recievers, bell is only trash because the line is bad and a work in progress. What else is sam suppose to do.

Watching him today, I would say he's officially been Derek Carr'd.  The pass protection was NOT good today but it was not as bad as last year.  The biggest problem is we do not have any sort of running game whatsoever and we only have one WR on the roster who would start for another team.  Sam has no confidence in the OL, the receivers or himself at this stage. 

Watching Sunday Night Football they mentioned how the Rams have a very simple playbook, they basically run the same plays over and over again but their execution is so flawless they end up succeeding (reminds you of the Patriots?).   The problem with a complicated read and react offense like Gase's (or Joe Walton's) if your offensive personnel is not full of geniuses and you don't practice every play to perfection - players will miss assignments and receivers will not make the correct reads.

Watching Tom Brady today made me think the Bucs made a huge mistake, they have a chunk play offense - Arians has always ran one like that - he likes to go deep, but now they have a QB who is best at throwing shallow crosses, the Bucs personnel does not fit Brady's talents, so either the playbook must be twealed or Brady will struggle, as his long ball looks like a Pennington lollipop these days.  Josh Rosen is a better fit for Arians than Brady.

7 hours ago, Team archer said:

You got guts. And unfortunately, I agree with you. The OL was abysmal, and pressure was coming through like a broken dam especially from the C and RG spots. Sam was constantly running for his life. When have we seen that before. The running game was non existent and Gase abandoned it early on, and there was zero chemistry with Permian, Herndon and Hogan who couldn’t get open.  Whenever there was a potentially positive play in the making, there were dropped balls and overthrows.  I could go on but what’s the point. This falls entirely on Gase. He has not prepared this team and his play calls are comically bad. The score really should have been 40-10.  They were totally abused, embarrassed and dominated the entire game. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Only one team is going to get the chance to draft Lawrence and the Jets have a well established habit of ensuring that they are never that team by winning meaningless games in November and December. 

Darnold turning into a good QB is probably more likely than us actually getting to pick number 1 overall. 

This team is in the running for the top pick. We're at least picking top 5. Weird ass year to draft a qb though, Lance is only able to play in one game this year if he decides to enter the draft.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If there was ever an easy 0-16 year for the Jets, it would be this year, there is not one sure win on the schedule. If we had the Chargers at home I would say that was a sure win, but we have to go out to the west coast and the Chargers have a good D.

2 minutes ago, deucebag said:

If there was ever an easy 0-16 year for the Jets, it would be this year, there is not one sure win on the schedule. If we had the Chargers at home I would say that was a sure win, but we have to go out to the west coast and the Chargers have a good D.

I’ve heard this before and you could be right because this team is doodoo. But, like I said, I’ll believe It when I see it.

The Jets are the greatest team in the history of professional sports at ruining their draft position with meaningless wins at the end of a lost season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Then I'll watch Trey Lance.

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He’s worse now than when we drafted him. That’s a problem no matter who’s fault it is. 

The problem is the Jets roster is probably worse than when Darnold was drafted.  he has no chance to succeed.  The problem is the organization from top to bottom.  Worst in all of sports.  Nothing will change until the owners are gone.

8 hours ago, DJF71 said:

The problem is the Jets roster is probably worse than when Darnold was drafted.  he has no chance to succeed.  The problem is the organization from top to bottom.  Worst in all of sports.  Nothing will change until the owners are gone.

There's a meaningful gap between Darnold struggling to succeed with a poor to limited supporting cast, and what we saw yesterday and throughout his career.  He's simply not good.  Think about it this way, what are the odds that the "worst in all of sports" organization actually got the QB decision right?  Just one year after drafting a strong safety over an already super bowl mvp, eventually hall of fame QB.  Chances are, in reality, the "worst in all of sports" organization, made another bad decision based on one nationally televised game.

• Upvote 2