I dont blame Darnold whatsoever

Team archer

Hes doing everything he can with this trash offense. No qb can do anything with this. Every mistake he makes is because hes trying to make plays and hes looking dumb because of it. No talent on offense whatsoever. Trash recievers, bell is only trash because the line is bad and a work in progress. What else is sam suppose to do.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 17
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Hes doing everything he can with this trash offense. No qb can do anything with this. Every mistake he makes is because hes trying to make plays and hes looking dumb because of it. No talent on offense whatsoever. Trash recievers, bell is only trash because the line is bad and a work in progress. What else is sam suppose to do.

Surprise What GIF

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Cool lets draft a qb then since hes bad. Then that qb will be in the same situation as this and miss the exact same throws. 

Darnold is saddled with one of the worst WR core and RB cores in the league, if not the worst. You'll hear no arguement from me. Douglas absolutely failed as a GM there. We are worse than last season at WR. We have 0 speed at RB. The O line is still a question mark at best.

But. It doesnt change the fact that when Darnold had chances, he was the one that screwed them up. Not gase. Not the o line. Sam did. He looked bad. He looks like the same QB from his rookie season. Scared, easily rattled and a few flashes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Team archer said:

Cool lets draft a qb then since hes bad. Then that qb will be in the same situation as this and miss the exact same throws. 

You can’t put young QBs in positions to fail. You just can’t. Fix the rest of the team and have Darnold compete with a FA veteran QB before his 5th year option kicks in and is too expensive. THEN and only then do you draft a QB.

This team needs 2 more offseasons to even be considered average and solid at the key positions that have been neglected. We are still in a big hole and it’s being amplified by poor timing of drafting a FQB. Sam is a lost cause due to timing and his own short comings. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold had his fair share of issues today.. This loss isnt all on him, but he definitely needs to be better as the season goes on. He started the game frantic and not following through on his throws.  He was short arming everything early. He seemed to settle in more later in the game and started finally stepping into his throws a little bit but he still needs more work. 

Don't blame Darnold?  The guy did absolutely nothing except in garbage time.  Other that three awful missed tackles on Crowder's play, we do nothing today.  Darnold could not even orchestrate a rudimentary drive for a YD or FG.  

And don't get me started on that idiotic INT.   How many f*cking times are we going to seee that dope throw across his body off his back foot.   He'll never get it. And that will be the reason he'll be wearing a cap and holding a clipboard with another team after this season.  Face it:  Darnold does not have it .

• Upvote 1

Sam was Bad.

Love that people feel the need to cover for him.... He was bad. 

Very bad no good rotten Day.

Our receivers suck .... Herndon is an apparition so tired of people bending over for him. Even so some people were getting open and he missed... When he hit them they dropped them... Or like Herndon have it right to Buffalo.

Bravo Herndon.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Darnold missed open guys all game. Those trash receivers were open and Sam missed them.

I've buried Josh Allen for years for being a terribly inaccurate QB. He looks so much better throwing the ball now than Sam Darnold does.

Gase isn't out there missing Chris Hogan on a wide open slant route on 3rd down. Sam Darnold was

Gase didn't chuck a ball into the middle of the football field for a terrible interception. Sam Darnold did.

On the 1st few drives alone where the Jets did nothing and Buffalo built there lead, Sam Darnold missed at least 4 first down throws. 

Sam was awful today. Absolutely dreadful. 

have you been drinking? If you watch her game, all you see if a kid trying to make something out of nothing. All of his "mistakes" are attributes to terrible play calls and him just trying to make somethign happen.  Hogan is terrible,  not a starting wr, but yet the call is to give him the ball instead of the 4 guys ahead of him that can catch, crowder, Perriman, bell, gore , herdon etc.

The thing is we are out there running really stupid plays, that have a very poor chance of success. Even our running plays, the very few called are terrible and set up to get stuffed. We literally  wait for the bills to stack the box to run, and then throw into triple coverage. That is the play call. Not on sam. 

You got to give same credit for sticking in there, if I was him I would call my agent and tell them i want extention right now for big money or a new HC.

• Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, Team archer said:

I can't agree with you.  He missed open receivers, still doesn't get rid of the ball to avoid sacks and I think he is still taking too long to process some plays. I am not giving up on him by any means, but I must admit I am concerned. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I can't agree with you.  He missed open receivers, still doesn't get rid of the ball to avoid sacks and I think he still taking too long to process some plays. I am not giving up on him by any means, but I must admit I am concerned. 

He has 15 games in my mind.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Bad throws are bad throws. You might be inaccurate if you throw an all out blitz at a QB. Though Darnold was missing throws even when he was clean, and threw one of the worst picks of his career yet. 

It's year 3 people, the excuses have to stop and he has to play.  

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

have you been drinking? If you watch her game, all you see if a kid trying to make something out of nothing. All of his "mistakes" are attributes to terrible play calls and him just trying to make somethign happen.  Hogan is terrible,  not a starting wr, but yet the call is to give him the ball instead of the 4 guys ahead of him that can catch, crowder, Perriman, bell, gore , herdon etc.

The thing is we are out there running really stupid plays, that have a very poor chance of success. Even our running plays, the very few called are terrible and set up to get stuffed. We literally  wait for the bills to stack the box to run, and then throw into triple coverage. That is the play call. Not on sam. 

You got to give same credit for sticking in there, if I was him I would call my agent and tell them i want extention right now for big money or a new HC.

I think you might have been drinking. Who cares if Hogan is not one of our best options? He was wide open on that play. Why can't Darnold throw him a catchable ball? That wasn't a stupid play. It was executed by everyone except Darnold, who the ball 10 yards over his head. 

These are all excuses to defend a QB who looked awful today. Darnold was bad. Hopefully he gets better as the season goes on and learns from this. But be fair, this game was on him. 

16 minutes ago, Team archer said:

He’s worse now than when we drafted him. That’s a problem no matter who’s fault it is. 

• Sympathy 1