Cowherd: Jets have reached out to agents about coaching candidates

Vudu

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

harbaugh is in the mix. UMich 1st game oct 24 and rumor is he wants back to NFL

I would welcome Harbaugh with open arms.  It has to be a big name guy who would attract players.  Hiring Brian Schittyheimer would be the ultimate Jetsy thing to do.  He would be gone in two years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

So let's say the clueless Chris Johnson comes out of hiding again to fire Gaze.  That would mean his last three appearances were 1) to say he's been missing from the team for a year or two and decided to fire the guy he just let spend $125mm on free agents and make every draft pick, 2) to announce that Gaze is an offensive genius and 3) to fire Gaze a month later.

ZERO credibility.  NONE.  BUBKAS!  NADA!

The Johnsons are lost

I have zero faith they will pick a decent replacement for Gase

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Only shot at getting Harbaugh is $100 million guaranteed and he is both GM and Head Coach and a promise the Johnsons have ZERO interference in football decisions 

I think he'd work with Douglas, who's a likeable guy. He'd definitely want a lot to come here though. I can dream. 

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Agreed. Knowing the Johnson's though I immediately thought the agent talk probably involved them reaching out to Coach Cowher AGAIN. 

I think what you propose would give the right balance between making Douglas more accountable for the near term, and Gase letting go of the offense would be a humbling experience... I'd rather he be gone altogether, but that would work and be pragmatic.

There is no indication Cowher has any motivation at all to coach again. With Gruden you could tell he still had the itch. Kirwan says he will never go back to it because of being away from his family. I wouldn;y oppose it if it happened, but I think getting Lincoln is more realistic largely dependent on what he thinks of Darnold and what our draft position is.

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The setup is bad when the ownership is incompetent. Forget football, if you had an owner who even knew how to run an organization successfully, this setup would be better. 

Again, nothing to do with the “setup.”

They owners haven’t managed to hire the right GM. Hopefully, that has finally changed 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase is a good head coach being given the impossible task of winning with the worst OL, WR's, and RB's in the NFL, and a quarterback making dumb junior high school mistakes in his third year.

Win or lose on Thursday, the proper move is to do nothing.  Let the roster get healthy in the next 3-4 weeks, let the OL continue to gel, let Darnold get his confidence back with better weapons, and see what this coaching staff looks like managing the team they had back in July, not the injured heap of crap we have right now.

SAR I

So that the team could proceed to lose the next 9 game after losing Thursday and go on to end the season with 4 wins against teams playing backups so that you could spend all offseason shouting about how the 4 game win streak negates the pathetic display the rest of the season. Just stop. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

So that the team could proceed to lose the next 9 game after losing Thursday and go on to end the season with 4 wins against teams playing backups so that you could spend all offseason shouting about how the 4 game win streak negates the pathetic display the rest of the season. Just stop. 

Back in July you had the perfectly healthy Jets at 5 wins this season.  When the injured players come back, that's what we'll be.

So you have nothing to complain about.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Perhaps.  Harbaugh is an intense guy though 

I think Harbaugh has the kind of intensity we need though.  Gase is afraid to look the camera in the eye during the post-game interviews.  And he also looked really bummed when asked something along the lines of if he's aware of the rumors that he's on the hot seat.  Harbaugh would be defiant to that type of stuff.  I think a guy like that could work here.

• Upvote 3

On 9/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, southparkcpa said:

The idiot who hired Gase will simply hire another idiot.

Name ONE good hire the Johnsons have made? and don't say Douglas. We don't know that.

In the time since we have had REX, we have had 3 coaches, at least 5 QB's, and 4 GM's.

The Ravens, who wouldn't even consider REX, have had 1 coach, a SB, TONS of playoffs, 2 QB's.

MANAGEMENT!!!

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!

Calm down Suzie....

36 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Well yeah but that was a no brainer. Mullen had previous success at UF.

As an OC but yeah, he got the culture and that was necessary in the hire after McElwain.  That said, lots of reports were Frost was their first choice and he wanted Nebraska so that's when they went all in on Mullen.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

As an OC but yeah, he got the culture and that was necessary in the hire after McElwain.  That said, lots of reports were Frost was their first choice and he wanted Nebraska so that's when they went all in on Mullen.

I'd take Frost to the Jets.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Harbaugh has the kind of intensity we need though.  Gase is afraid to look the camera in the eye during the post-game interviews.  And he also looked really bummed when asked something along the lines of if he's aware of the rumors that he's on the hot seat.  Harbaugh would be defiant to that type of stuff.  I think a guy like that could work here.

He took a SF team to a SB with average talent.   Former QB.  I'd take harbaugh.

• Upvote 1