Daphne Zuniga

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Last time I saw Jabari Zuniga was..............never.

I don't ever recall seeing him on the field or hearing his name during games on TV.  Maybe still hurt?   Last I read on Zuniga was this which was in Sept.:

Jets' Jabari Zuniga: Heads to IR
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

The Jets placed Zuniga (quadriceps) on injured reserve Monday.

The rookie third-round pick will be forced to miss at least the first three games, but he could be available for Week 4's clash against the Broncos. Zuniga is slated to start in a reserve role once he gets healthy, as Quinnen Williams and Henry Anderson are seemingly locked into starting roles to begin the year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/2180452/jabari-zuniga

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I don't ever recall seeing him on the field or hearing his name during games on TV.  Maybe still hurt?   Last I read on Zuniga was this:

Jets' Jabari Zuniga: Heads to IR
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

The Jets placed Zuniga (quadriceps) on injured reserve Monday.

The rookie third-round pick will be forced to miss at least the first three games, but he could be available for Week 4's clash against the Broncos. Zuniga is slated to start in a reserve role once he gets healthy, as Quinnen Williams and Henry Anderson are seemingly locked into starting roles to begin the year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/2180452/jabari-zuniga

That link says he could be a potential steal.  Maybe he will be and I'm just being impatient.  But it mentioned week 4 and it's already week 8.  It would be nice to hear an update on this guy.

image.png.9ac05d2bfc30f81998b2a2bc27c23572.png

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That link says he could be a potential steal.  Maybe he will be and I'm just being impatient.  But it mentioned week 4 and it's already week 8.  It would be nice to hear an update on this guy.

You're not being impatient at all.  It would be nice to get an update on him. 

Just checked the Jets' roster and he's still listed as "Reserve/Injured".

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/players-roster/

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This was the one pick I criticized JD for. You can't take a player this high,who couldn't stay on the field in college, regardless of athletic potenial. Now were just seeing more of the same with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

Huh, I didn't think an injury was the reason players busted.

It is getting HARDER to be successful for the Jets, in the fans eyes, each and every year.

Pretty soon, if you haven't won a Super Bowl in Madden before you actually take the first practice, you will be considered a bust. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Huh, I didn't think an injury was the reason players busted.

It is getting HARDER to be successful for the Jets, in the fans eyes, each and every year.

Pretty soon, if you haven't won a Super Bowl in Madden before you actually take the first practice, you will be considered a bust. 

My point is that it's week 8 of the season already and we aren't even hearing updates on this guy (and it's not like he had a season ending injury like a torn ACL).  The article someone posted said he would be out until at least week 4.  But it's week 8 already and we're still not hearing anything on the guy. 

3 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

I hope the guy gets healthy and becomes a player for the Jets, but I wonder what interesting WR and OL were available when Zuniga was picked?

Not sure about OL but I think Mims was the last of the high-profile WRs.  Does Gandy-Golden or Peoples-Jones count?