Patriots enter the Trevor Sweepstakes

jgb

BB has a HUGE ego..and is absolutely looking at his legacy.

All the championships are one thing - but the fact remains he has a losing record as a HC without Brady.  
His teams were mostly bad in Cleveland and was bad in NE until Bledsoe got hurt.  Every win matters right now - he’s not throwing games.  

Rex said it today and the voices are only going to get louder. Losing to quite possibly the worst team ever is not something he wants to do. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Don't make me laugh. BB is going to fight until the end.

They're going to humiliate us on MNF in Seeing Ghosts round deux to get their 3rd win. They're not good but they're not even in the same realm as us.

They actually have very little talent right now, just not nearly as bad as the Jets. And BB is certainly competent.  Gase is not. 

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

That scenario could work out well for us too. Probably land every pick in two drafts from someone for him

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Trevor will come here - I think a strong case will be made for future of the franchise.  I think at worst, you'll have to work with TL's agent to make sure they are comfortable with the coach the Jets are hiring...and JD will need to sell all of resources the Jets have in the next two years.

With that said - if you're going to trade him the tricky part is finding a way to trade him and still land Fields.  Not sure how you work that out and still get a huge hall.

It's almost like you would have to trade the pick and commit to Sam to truly get the value it would take to pass on him. Otherwise you call his bluff and let him go back to school. 

I think Trevor will come here - I think a strong case will be made for future of the franchise.  I think at worst, you'll have to work with TL's agent to make sure they are comfortable with the coach the Jets are hiring...and JD will need to sell all of resources the Jets have in the next two years.
With that said - if you're going to trade him the tricky part is finding a way to trade him and still land Fields.  Not sure how you work that out and still get a huge hall.
It's almost like you would have to trade the pick and commit to Sam to truly get the value it would take to pass on him. Otherwise you call his bluff and let him go back to school. 

Letting a young qb have some sort of say in picking the next head coach, that is brilliant! What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Letting a young qb have some sort of say in picking the next head coach, that is brilliant! What could go wrong?

If we're in a situation where the players is close to going back to school or not because of the team with the #1 pick but wants to know who the head coach is prior to making that choice - to think that doesn't or wouldn't happen in just naive.  TL agent will most certainly want to know who the Jets will be choosing as a HC.