What Was Darnold's #1 Shortcoming/Flaw?

even on completions, he's often missing the MORE OPEN receiver. 

And, now about the needless sacks? Plays where he just stood there and took them, not moving in the pocket, not throwing anything away.

Just horrible. And i wanted him so badly to play well. He made Cam Newton look polished by comparison.

5 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

His arm for me. Yes his O-Line sucked, but there were so many missed throws by him being too weak and too many times where he was giving easy picks.

Maybe his vision can be filled with that, I watch guys like Jackson and Mahomes and they just know where the pass is, Sam never ever knows.

Arm.

Interesting.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

even on completions, he's often missing the MORE OPEN receiver. 

And, now about the needless sacks? Plays where he just stood there and took them, not moving in the pocket, not throwing anything away.

Just horrible. And i wanted him so badly to play well. He made Cam Newton look polished by comparison.

so he is dumb.

noted.

27 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

what does this mean for those of us without a whistle on our neck and without the local HS teams sweatpants on?

Processing as in observing what is happening, understanding what is happening, deciding how to respond to what is happening and ultimately acting/ reacting.

The difference between what is expected to happen (a play) what is actually happening (defensive reactions, offensive players acting against expectations) and responding to the differences.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

so he is dumb.

noted.

You needed me to tell you that?!

He hasn't learned any of the fine QB skills: using the snap count, knowing when to run vs. throwing into coverage, understanding what the defense is trying to do. 

Yeah, he's not a smart QB.

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I was a major Darnold apologist the first two years because the OL really sucked and weapons were sketchy. 

This year, the OL has been 'ok' and the weapons over the last games have been there. Still, throws 1st-year INTs and takes a large number of ridiculous sacks, sacks where he had time or should have known he didn't have time (and thrown the ball away).

People will say turnovers but something causes that. 

Sam Darold can’t process the field, which cause his bad decisions. These decisions then lead to inaccurate passes into impossible windows, into double coverage, into phantom defenders, and just very risky throws, many but not all of which become interceptions. The worst part is when you watch him play rather than the Statline you see there could be more. Because of all that, his ability to play clutch and make the plays that seal off games and or win games at the end is nonexistent.

His problem is basically, RAM and bad graphics card. 

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

No. It's not an intelligence thing. 

Look. Don't tell me what it's not. Because that can't be proved. I just told you what it is: football IQ and half the announcers who cover the Jets and most fans recognize it.

That there are others who don't and who can't even say why is not surprising. Every team has stupid fans.

48 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Desire

Started to always have the look like “this is the worst possible situation I could be in...I don’t care, this s*cks, I wish I was back on the beach in California, this crazy googly eyed so called coach doesn’t have a clue, his flunky little King of Queens guy has probably never even played competitive sports in elementary school, oh look here comes the rush again to hurt me, oh look none of my receivers have an inch of separation.....Man I want out of here, what’s the use of even trying?”

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Look. Don't tell me what it's not. Because that can't be proved. I just told you what it is: football IQ and half the announcers who cover the Jets and most fans recognize it.

That there are others who don't and who can't even say why is not surprising. Every team has stupid fans.

I just did. Now what?

Now I remember why I put you on the ignore list. Back on for you. Bye felicia!

• Post of the Week 1

Thinking back to how the #InternetScouts told us that Darnold would be a real gamer because he played linebacker in high school and how Justin Herbert would suck because he wanted to be a doctor, then recalling how most #InternetScouts are morbidly obese losers who spend a lot of time refreshing Todd McShay’s Twitter feed. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes it is and smart qbs will also do this at times. But smart  qbs don't repeat the same mistake over and over. 

yeah, if you're still doing the same bad things you did as a rookie, I think it's reasonable to consider whether you have a learning disability (or are dumb).

I didn't watch all the Jets games (because I have a life) but in the games I saw MOST color guys were saying he's missing open receivers. And I've seen with my own eyes him throwing into coverage.

Yeah, good QBs do it. They don't do it a lot like Darnold does. That said, I think he could make a fine insurance salesman.

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

yeah, if you're still doing the same bad things you did as a rookie, I think it's reasonable to consider whether you have a learning disability (or are dumb).

I didn't watch all the Jets games (because I have a life) but in the games I saw MOST color guys were saying he's missing open receivers. And I've seen with my own eyes him throwing into coverage.

Yeah, good QBs do it. They don't do it a lot like Darnold does. That said, I think he could make a fine insurance salesman.

I am sure you could give him some exceptional pointers in the insurance business. You should stay out of the football assessment business, I don't think you are too good at that. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, GaryM said:

I am sure you could give him some exceptional pointers in the insurance business. You should stay out of the football assessment business, I don't think you are too good at that. 

giphy.gif

And when guys on the internet say they have a life it usually means just the opposite.