Report: Jets Are Incapable Of Learning, Will Never Be Good

6 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Predicted this. 

Absolutely terrible owners. Stop Meddling. The Johnsons are the reasons the Jets have sucked for the last decade. 

This. 

Woody is the real President of football ops and has been for over 10 years 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Chris and Woody are bafoons no doubt.   Their hiring record demonstrates that clearly.    

Seriously, whining that JD is going to head the search and the owner will sign off is bad enough.

Saying theyre bafoons for doing this is whining to whine and pointless.  CJ signing off one previous hire that was a failure doesnt change it.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This will be a total disaster.

And you'll be here to complain all the way if they dont sign the guy you want.  Because only your guy is the right guy and isnt part of a shared agent conspiracy theory or whatever else you see in your tea leaves.  

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously, whining that JD is going to head the search and the owner will sign off is bad enough.

Saying theyre bafoons for doing this is whining to whine and pointless.  CJ signing off one previous hire that was a failure doesnt change it.  

They aren't buffoon's for doing this.  They are buffoon's who are doing it this way.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This will be a total disaster.

It’s not the signing off that concerns me. It’s the budget and conditions Johnsons may try to impose of the next HC. Those have been the mother and father of recent hiring failures.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you'll be here to complain all the way if they dont sign the guy you want.  Because only your guy is the right guy and isnt part of a shared agent conspiracy theory or whatever else you see in your tea leaves.  

And you will praise whoever and whatever the Jets do, because that's what you're here for.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I’m shocked you’re negative about this. 

How can you not be? What inspires any confidence the Johnson's will get this right? Longest playoff draught in the sport, 2-14 season, no QB. Getting out of this will require handing over full control to a big time coach and I do not see the organization doing that. There is legit no talent on the roster besides a DT who ended up getting hurt and an OT who got hurt every other game. That's it. 

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And you will praise whoever and whatever the Jets do, because that's what you're here for.

And you will see me, more than likely given the odds, be disappointed that my favorite didnt get the job but understand the appeal of their pick.  That you dont get that there are other options, choices that make just as much sense and then work backwards to find a theory based on fantasy is on you.  

Yeah I'm a fan of the Jets, and react like one.  I can see that a Martindale hire has merits and then move on even if he isnt my top choice.  Sorry I dont have a black cloud that follows me 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How can you not be? What inspires any confidence the Johnson's will get this right? Longest playoff draught in the sport, 2-14 season, no QB. Getting out of this will require handing over full control to a big time coach and I do not see the organization doing that. There is legit no talent on the roster besides a DT who ended up getting hurt and an OT who got hurt every other game. That's it. 

No, they dont need to give total control to the HC.  You keep saying this and there is no reason for it.  Other than Belichick, who is the model for this?  Other than to start calling for a set up that will never happen, unless you really think that J Douglas is heading a search for his replacement.  Sorry youre going to be disappointed   

Oh wait, youre thinking is the JD is getting fired or should be fired for sucking, forgot that rant

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What's the scoop on Hymie Elhai?  I don't know anything about him really other than seeing his name on here occasionally.  Is he highly regarded?  A stooge?

"Single as can be." Hobbies: Captain of the Jets company football team, concerts, movies.

I hope this instills the confidence we all need in a figurehead poppet. I imagine "Management" using him at meetings like Shari Lewis used Lambchop. He kind of looks like Lambchop, come to think of it. That's probably why I thought of it. Where's the Cafe Bustelo.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

They are going to screw the pooch with the HC hire

They haven't really gotten one hire correct yet... Think about it. 20 years ownership and we've had what 5 GM's?   5 HC's???     

People point to REX but he was a flash in the pan and I would argue was the beginning of the end.   He was part of NO decent personnel moves and all his good players were here when he got here.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I’m hearing way too much rumblings about Schottenheimer 

this is going to be the ugliest February as a jet fan I’ve had since Woody traded for Tim Tebow 

Actually few if any have mentioned Shotty Jr, most talked about candidates are Bieniemy, Campbell and Martindale.

I can see why, Bieniemy isnt my choice out of the 3 though

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not complaining at all.. Chris has all the rights. I am saying GOOD ownership should look at their skill set and recognize that THEY do not have the skill to identify talent and GIVE the process to Douglas. Could we do worse than Gase and Bowles??  Chris saying "Gase and I sync... we're on the same page etc"  leads any reasonable person to believe Chris believes what HE thinks is important, history shows he is as dumb as a rock.  What Chris thinks is about as important as what my daughter thinks.  He writes the checks.. good for him. He has shown himself to be borderline retarded. he not only adds no value, he decreases it.