Do you want Doug Pederson?

slimjasi

Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?   

202 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?

• No
    • Yes

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

HIRE THIS MAN NOW 

Can you imagine if the announcement is made this week that the Jets have terminated their coaching search and have agreed to terms with Doug Pederson?

Now is the time for quick, decisive action. Go get your man, JD!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, QB1 said:

100% yes, not seriously considering Pederson is INSANITY. 

12 years as an NFL QB

Drafted and Groomed wentz

Won super bowl with backup QB

Won playoff game last year

Has dealt with Wentz injuries for years 

Bad year during covid when his QB decided to forget how to play

He is getting fired for the PR backlash of the Sunday night game 

This is the miracle we have been waiting for. 

Wentz was groomed by Frank Reich. Wentz is now as broken as Darnold.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Posted this in another thread yesterday:

Everybody talks about Reich, but since losing Reich he’s made the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons and has won 2 playoff games in those appearances.  If Clowney doesn’t knock Carson Wentz out of the game last year, there’s a good chance they beat the Saints for a 3rd win and end up in the NFC championship game.

I agree in terms of Pederson (I’m a huge fan), but it was the wild card game they lost to Seahawks last year, when Clowney put Wentz out, so wouldn’t have been into the NFC Champ would have been up against Packers I *think* in Divisional.

I do agree with your overall point thought pal, sorry to be a bit of a douche! 

Everybody talks about Reich, but since losing Reich he’s made the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons and has won 2 playoff games in those appearances.  If Clowney doesn’t knock Carson Wentz out of the game last year, there’s a good chance they beat the Saints for a 3rd win and end up in the NFC championship game.

I agree in terms of Pederson (I’m a huge fan), but it was the wild card game they lost to Seahawks last year, when Clowney put Wentz out, so wouldn’t have been into the NFC Champ would have been up against Packers I *think* in Divisional.

I do agree with your overall point thought pal, sorry to be a bit of pedantic swine! 

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I do agree with your overall point thought pal, sorry to be a bit of pedantic swine! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah.  Look at the game logs.  He had excellent performances and two rookie games.

Almost  like he was a...*GASP*...rookie.  Overall, Hurts looked good.  

I'm not bagging on Hurts necessarily but using his performance as evidence in favor of Pederson doesn't make sense to me. He started four games, was good in one, mediocre in one, and really bad in two of them -- this was as guy who put up gaudy numbers in college too in the same system as Baker and Kyler and had tons of starting experience in big games at Alabama and Oklahoma.

5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Strange they must have removed the Super Bowl win from Kotites wikipedia page 

Excuse a Jets fan for being nervous about hiring a head coach who has just been fired.

We've done it twice.

They were Rich Kotite and Adam Gase,

• Upvote 2

Just now, johnnysd said:

Man, we better not hire this guy, Do not hire head coaches right after they are fired. I do not care that they won a SB, that was mostly Reich anyway. Nightmare candidate. Please Jets do the right thing, no to Bieniemy, Pederson and Daboll. 

Pederson wasn't a performance firing, it was a lost power struggle based on initial reports. Not the type of situation where he needs time to reflect on what went wrong. This isn't the first time the Eagles FO has shown itself to be dysfunctional.

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Excuse a Jets fan for being nervous about hiring a head coach who has just been fired.

We've done it twice.

They were Rich Kotite and Adam Gase,

The Jets do keep trying to do this and say, "but this time it's different."

If I'm Doug Pederson I'm not even sure I want to jump into a HC job again so quickly.  Why not take a year away, watch the Eagles continue to implode, and then come back in 2022 when nobody remembers the Week 17 vs. Washington tank?

The other idea of Bienemy leaving KC for a HC job and Pederson doing a year as OC under Andy Reid makes sense too.

One last caveat.  The Jets job is only open now.  If Pederson had a GM problem in Philly and loves Joe Douglas, the time will only be now to make this happen.  Whoever the Jets hire next will be here for 2-3 year minimum and if our next guy gets fired so will Joe Douglas.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Man, we better not hire this guy, Do not hire head coaches right after they are fired. I do not care that they won a SB, that was mostly Reich anyway. Nightmare candidate. Please Jets do the right thing, no to Bieniemy, Pederson and Daboll. 

EYE ROLL

I'll take him.....

I think Howie Roseman is the bigger problem in Philly. Pedersen's produced when they actually loaded the roster there. There drafts the past 3 years have been meh at best. 

Not really in love with any of these coordinators, hes been a HC before, he's won the big game before, and knows offense. I'll take it given what's out here....

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly.....

Reich is a great football mind, but that arguement is a lil shortsighted

45 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I’m from Pennsylvania and the majority of my friends are Eagles fans and they all told me the same thing. 

“Better hope you don’t get him”

general consensus from them is after Frank Reich left he went downhill quick. A lot of what he got credit for was Frank’s doing. 

In all fairness, Eagles fans are even more cynical then we are. I don’t think they’re wrong, but they also were crying for Andy Reid to get fired in 2010-12. 

Pederson doesn’t strike me as Andy Reid the least bit. I don’t get the sense that he’s going to be a hire that established a “culture” either, hence why I’m not in favor of it. Part of this was about Carson Wentz as well... that relationship was fractured beyond repair and clearly the Eagles are choosing to satisfy their investment in Wentz rather than stick with the coach. I can’t say I disagree, but their team is likely screwed... if I were them, I’d blow it all up now—get rid of Howie and start fresh knowing you’re in for a 2-3 year rebuild. 

I think Howie is the person to blame for what has happened in PHI, and it makes me feel that much better about Douglas to see they were picked apart like cotton candy since he left. Still, I just don’t think Pederson is a special coach that is going to help the Jets establish a culture and an identity.

Yes.  He would be the best coach this team has had in 20 years and it wouldn't be close.  Do people forget that Eagles team he won a title with?  Good, but they were not an elite roster.

This situation reminds me a baseball trade deadline talks.  Fans often romanticize what a prospect can be, so under value what the player they are getting back actually is.  

• Upvote 3