Former NYJ beat “reporter” Manish Mehta speaks: MERGED

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Manish says PR Director told Manish that the Jets don't like his tone.  Manish also went out of his way to say that the PR Director had also worked for James Dolan and the Knicks.

Manish is basically saying this was all made up stuff to get him out.

JD gets things done.........

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Listening now:

Manish says he say Joe Douglas at a Phillies game. Recognized him from the One Jets Drive episode with his family on it.  Manish says he had been texting Douglas and just said I saw your kid, it was an accident, they were on the same concession line. The kid was wearing a Phillies shirt. Manish asked him hey is Joe Douglas your Dad and the kid said yeah.  Manish claims he texted Joe saying I saw your kid and there was nothing weird about it.

Manish said this never came up as anything Douglas was mad about.  

(Before the pitchforks come out, I am not defending Manish lol, just recapping the interview here).

Interacting with a man's kids like that is somewhere between really wrong and deeply sick. 

The burner account thing;  what ever happened there, as Little Carmine might say. 

He also queered the deal that Johnsons had with Doug Morrone. Now there's no pretending that was a tragedy, but screwing someone out of a job at the 11th hour with nonspecific "allegations" is also, really, really wrong. 

• Upvote 2

Listening now:

Manish says he say Joe Douglas at a Phillies game. Recognized him from the One Jets Drive episode with his family on it.  Manish says he had been texting Douglas and just said I saw your kid, it was an accident, they were on the same concession line. The kid was wearing a Phillies shirt. Manish asked him hey is Joe Douglas your Dad and the kid said yeah.  Manish claims he texted Joe saying I saw your kid and there was nothing weird about it.
Manish said this never came up as anything Douglas was mad about.  
(Before the pitchforks come out, I am not defending Manish lol, just recapping the interview here).
Funny, was Douglas kid the only kid wearing a Phillies shirt?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Proud to say I don’t even have the slightest urge to clink that link...and even if I did, I wouldn’t.

One commonality of articles and interactions seems to be that MM is a psycho douche.

so if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........

There's nothing even really worth debating here.  He had his credentials completely pulled, not just by the Jets, but the NFL overall, and received absolutely no support, including from his own (former) employer, while numerous people called him out and gave very similar stories when it all came to a head.  That combination of events made it clear whatever he said was going to be completely full of crap before he even spoke a word about it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't believe the idea that Joe Douglas was afraid that Joe Vitt was going to tell Adam Gase that he saw Douglas talking to Mehta and that Gase would get him fired. Doesn't seem right at all. 

Mehta is a nut job. He's trying to hide behind the idea that it's a big organization trying to silence a little journalist like him because they don't like his stories. It isn't.

Mehta is just a typical hack reporter that took out his frustrations on the Jets by writing hit piece after hit piece and trying to call it "news". He eventually took it too far and lost his job over it.

Yeah

The most telling thing was that NO other beat guys complained.  Several of them took shots at him, and comfirmed his BS.   Guys a liar, and a creep

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Interacting with a man's kids like that is somewhere between really wrong and deeply sick. 

The burner account thing;  what ever happened there, as Little Carmine might say. 

He also queered the deal that Johnsons had with Doug Morrone. Now there's no pretending that was a tragedy, but screwing someone out of a job at the 11th hour with nonspecific "allegations" is also, really, really wrong. 

He screwed someone out of a job and now he’s screwed out of a job. 

way too many people came out against him.   I believe them more than him

21 minutes ago, pointman said:

He is not a man of his word. He said if Idzik used all the draft picks he'd walk home. Well, Idzik lived up to his end of the bargain. Mehta did not. That nolegday, lying bum.

I remember calling him on this at camp. Legit just kept saying Manis is a phony while the best writers were on the sidelines the entire time. 

dude sucked on so many levels. Good riddance. 

• Upvote 1