On This Night, At THIS Exact Time,

SoFlaJets

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

52 years ago tonight my cousin and I were in our football bliss as Joe Namath was jogging off into the Miami night index finger raised in the air, screaming WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!! It was an amazing night I hope that you guys all get to feel what that felt like what that moment 52 years ago tonight felt like to a lifetime Jets fan.image.jpeg.0d24aa561338911c9715bb7a54c4e95b.jpeg

Way to go, buddy, way to go!

26 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

52 years ago tonight my cousin and I were in our football bliss as Joe Namath was jogging off into the Miami night index finger raised in the air, screaming WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!! It was an amazing night I hope that you guys all get to feel what that felt like what that moment 52 years ago tonight felt like to a lifetime Jets fan.image.jpeg.0d24aa561338911c9715bb7a54c4e95b.jpeg

I was 7.   It’s the reason I’m a fan.   Fukk Namath , it’s been a miserable 52 years. ????

I still  use BRUT deodorant. 

33 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I turned  54 New Years Eve, all I remember  is a face full of cookies and a diaper full of crap. 

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Cool! I’m pretty damn old and wasn’t even born yet. For the record I came to terms long ago I’ll never feel what you and your cousin felt that night. My hope is my 15 year old son ( who is now infected with the Jet disease) thanks to me. Will some day experience it. 

I was 9 and remember some of the game. Vividly remember my father laying on the floor in front of the tv drinking martini's.

Another highlight was the Heidi bowl - he went balistic when NBC cut off the game. For those as old as some of us, he had my mother going thru the phonebook trying to find the telephone number for NBC and had her call them to try and put the game back on. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

I was 9 and remember some of the game. Vividly remember my father laying on the floor in front of the tv drinking martini's.

Another highlight was the Heidi bowl - he went balistic when NBC cut off the game. For those as old as some of us, he had my mother going thru the phonebook trying to find the telephone number for NBC and had her call them to try and put the game back on. 

Great recollection, dad chillin' on the floor drinking martinis and later your Mom leafing through a phone book to try and call NBC to try and have the Heidi bowl switched back.

19 hours ago, Jethead said:

I was a sophomore in college in upstate NY. Mets, Jets and Knicks baby!

That was some year the only way it could have been any better, no PERFECT, would have been if it were the Yankees and not the Mets winning the World Championship. The strange thing was New York beat Baltimore teams in all 3 sports The Mets beat the Orioles, The Knicks beat the Bullets to get to the finals and the Jets beat the Baltimore Colts for history.

• Upvote 1

I was 15 and beyond astonished that Joe came out and did what he said he was going to do. The disparity between the conferences (leagues) was huge then and Joe's guarantee was seen as bombastic in a day when nobody cept Ali talked trash. From then on anytime I had a football in my hand to throw to someone it was "Namath sees Maynard ... deep ... touchdown!"