Phillip Rivers retires

Well The Times They Are A-Changin! Hey props to Philip Rivers I think the guy really did it the right way he lived the dream. I think he's a straight-up guy, a religious guy. I think he's got a whole bunch of kids.

He never made the big game but he did it right the entire time so good for him.

The way the NFL is trending these days these new QB's are coming in, and I'm wondering if this is just flash in the pan type stuff!? Yeah they look great the first year or two but how long can they carry that? I don't know if anybody else has noticed this but once you're in the league for a little while other teams start to figure you out right? 

I think we always got to give props to a guy that did it at a higher level for a long time. That's in any profession.

So good job and good luck and enjoy your retirement Philip Rivers. I can honestly say that anytime we had to play the Chargers I knew this dude was dangerous.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Rivers primary focus maybe catching up to his former teammate Cromartie.

He has 9 kids as of now and counting 

Here's the full list of nine kids, with ages as of September 2020:

Halle, 18

Caroline, 15

Grace, 14

Gunner, 12

Sarah, 10

Peter, 8

Rebecca, 6

Clare, 4

Anna, 1

7 girls, hope they had at least 5 bathrooms in their house. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

He had that shot early in his career against the Pats.

Brady throws the late pick, the DB runs around like a moron, and fumbles it back to the Patriots.   That ended Marty in San Diego, and was the Chargers best chance to win a ring.

He had many shots, that was his first shot.  He just couldn't get it done in big games.  Very good regular season QB.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because he takes drugs/hormones. 

He's an obvious juicer, he's just an ultra-high tech, way-ahead of the testing curve kind of juicer.

Rodgers career was in the toilet.  The last 3 years b4 this year he threw 16, 25 and 26 tds respectively.  Green bay sees the steep decline, is ready to move on and drafts his replacement.

Rodgers realizes the money and glory are coming to an end.  Starts the HGH program and what do you know, throws 48 tds this year.

Its laughable how obvious this is and nobody talks about it.

11 hours ago, KRL said:

The #2 pick increases in value by the day

The value of Darnold also increases daily.  I'm sure teams like NO,
IND and PIT all would prefer Darnold (who needs fixing) over a rookie
to lead their "win now" teams.  So I think getting back a #1 for Darnold
is now realistic 

1 minute ago, KRL said:

The value of Darnold also increases daily.  I'm sure teams like NO,
IND and PIT all would prefer Darnold (who needs fixing) over a rookie
to lead their "win now" teams.  So I think getting back a #1 for Darnold
is now realistic 

I still don’t see any teams giving up a 1 for him.  Maybe a 2 this year and something next year, or a 2 and a player.  

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

realizes the money and glory are coming to an end.  Starts the HGH program and what do you know, throws 48 tds this year.

Its laughable how obvious this is and nobody talks about it.

see

England, New

Bay, Tampa

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Rivers is more longevity than dominance, but these talking heads trying to talk Rivers out of the HOF is too much. He is a lock and will probably be in on the first ballot.

If Rivers had the same career as a baseball player he’d be a lock first ballot HOF

On 1/20/2021 at 3:17 PM, southparkcpa said:

Rivers is a first ballot HOFer.....    ESPN polled 10 beat writers, they all said yes. 

They all day yes when they retire.  They argent voters, the voters will examine his entire career.  How he inherited the most talented team in football and couldn't win, how he never made any all pro teams, never won an MVP, never showed up in big games.  He was a compiler, a slightly better version of another compiler- Eli Manning.

The Hall of fame is supposed to be for the best players of all time, players who weren't great or among the top of their generation so not belong.

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:58 AM, Philc1 said:

If Rivers had the same career as a baseball player he’d be a lock first ballot HOF

You are right, baseball is all about numbers and he compiled great numbers based on longevity, health and playing in the easiest era to throw but he wasn't great and doesn't belong.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:29 PM, Matt39 said:

Rivers is more longevity than dominance, but these talking heads trying to talk Rivers out of the HOF is too much. He is a lock and will probably be in on the first ballot.

Longevity shouldn't get him in the hall. The Hall is supposed to be for all time greats, he's certainly not an all time great.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:59 AM, Philc1 said:

Should Dan Marino and Jim Kelly be in the hall of fame?

It's laughable to compare Rivers to Marino.  Marino was an all pro 3 consecutive seasons.  He was the league MVP.  He's one of 10 QB's on the top 100 NFL players list.  Kelly is a better argument.  Kelly was 1st team all pro once.  Rivers zero.  Kelly actually had playoff success Rivers didn't.

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You are right, baseball is all about numbers and he compiled great numbers based on longevity, health and playing in the easiest era to throw but he wasn't great and doesn't belong.

He wasn't great but he's numbers are hard to ignore.  He shouldn't go in but he will.  When I think of great NFL QB's Rivers name never comes up.  

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He wasn't great but he's numbers are hard to ignore.  He shouldn't go in but he will.  When I think of great NFL QB's Rivers name never comes up.  

I think he'll make it, I think he has a better chance than eli but I don't think he belongs.  All QB numbers from this era destroy those of the past so you baby go by just numbers.  I just feel the Hall should only be for the greatest of all time.

• Upvote 1