2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets still need a CB, possibly a Safety, an OLB.  Who is the starting RB for this team?  I mean we could roll with what we had last year at several positions but the same could be said for rolling with Lewis and GVR again at Guard.  Let's remember that this is a defense in transition as well, moving to a 4-3 so it needs down DEs (and not just Lawson).  We've been juggling guys like Bryce Hall, Bless Austin, Lamar Jackson and Maulet around at CB.  I feel like they really should try to draft a CB1 this year at #23 or 34.

Does Jordan Jenkins come back?  How about Brian Poole?

Right now the glaring needs are several for this 2 win team.

If they get 2 CBs in free agency, at that point I say all other needs drop well below the benefit of adding a top 3 QB.

Would I like to draft a new stud RB or TE?  Sure.

But not at the expense of missing out on a legit great QB who is still young.

5 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

Giants went 6 and 10 without Barkley ???

I think they will be just fine.  Their roster top to bottom is a top 3 nfl roster . The fact is you don't know how to evaluate talent.

Leonard Williams / James Bradberry are all pro. Logan Ryan is still a good slot corner.  They get back the best running back outside Henry in Barkley. Soldier moves to rt and he was out for the year... and they got a franchise player at lt in Thomas. 

It comes down to Jones taking the next step. But they are clearly when healthy with Barkley a contender in the nfc. 

Again 6 and 10 without Barkley who is the best player on the team. 

You think Andrew Thomas is a franchise LT? Please put down the bath salts

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

That 23 range will be rich for OL. I would think regardless whether the Jets trade down or stay put that will be a spot they'll strongly consider an OL

Absolutely.  I think you’re right.  I think we could trade down from 23 to 27-29 and still her a OL and pick up extra draft capital 

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

A CONTENDER AS IN SUPER BOWL? YOU DK STAND UP?

Where is the weakness on the team outside Jones ?

They have Engram,Barkley,Sheperd,  and this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius_Slayton ... who with a healthy Barkley will take off.

Slayton who has had 2 good years, upside is to be a number 1 wr. 4.39 speed with large arms/ hands ... and has shown enough flashes.

Thats 4 very good weapons.  Now genius outside Daniel Jones progressing where do they lack weapons on offense. I have already went over the defense. 

The issue is Jones fumbles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

You still take Watson and figure out the holes later.

He’s 25 it’s not like they have to have a title team around by him next year or it’s over.

We saw what Watson can do on a team without much talent.  He got 4 wins.

If the Jets had spent on Thuney or Linsley in addition to Lawson, Davis, etc. then I'd say it's a good indication the Jets will be okay parting with numerous 1st and 2nd round picks for Watson because the roster has been upgraded.

Right now, the offense is the same except for the addition of Davis at WR.  Are we sure that either he or Mims is a true WR1?  Are we confident in rolling out the same OLine we had last year?  Are we convinced the RB group is good (after subtracting the two guys who were penciled in to get most of the touches last year, Bell and Gore)?  Do we get the 2018 or the 2020 version of Chris Herndon?

In short, with the exception of upgrading from Perriman to Davis, this is the same offense as last year.  But you'd be okay with that and trading away 1st and 2nd round picks to put Watson at the helm?  I just don't see it that way.  This team needs as many Day 1 and 2 Draft picks as possible.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Sam Darnold taking snaps from Connor McGovern and throwing to Jamison Crowder.  Get ready for it.  2021 feelin' a lot like 2020. lol

I’m not gonna lie, that’s hard to swallow. I hope I eat my words and he is amazing if we keep him.

Just now, football guy said:

I'm saying regardless if the Jets trade down from #2 or stay there, I think #23 could be a sweet spot for an OL. 

Ultimately, I still think the Jets trade #2 to CAR for multiple picks and use #8 to take Pitts (if he's there) or potentially Chase/Waddle

Oh I thought you meant if they traded down with their second durst which they probably still could technically do.  Yeah I’ve always been fun e if they trade down from two.  The amount of picks we would have would be insane ? 

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We saw what Watson can do on a team without much talent.  He got 4 wins.

If the Jets had spent on Thuney or Linsley in addition to Lawson, Davis, etc. then I'd say it's a good indication the Jets will be okay parting with numerous 1st and 2nd round picks for Watson because the roster has been upgraded.

Right now, the offense is the same except for the addition of Davis at WR.  Are we sure that either he or Mims is a true WR1?  Are we confident in rolling out the same OLine we had last year?  Are we convinced the RB group is good (after subtracting the two guys who were penciled in to get most of the touches last year, Bell and Gore)?  Do we get the 2018 or the 2020 version of Chris Herndon?

In short, with the exception of upgrading from Perriman to Davis, this is the same offense as last year.  But you'd be okay with that and trading away 1st and 2nd round picks to put Watson at the helm?  I just don't see it that way.  This team needs as many Day 1 and 2 Draft picks as possible.

First off free agency isn’t over we can still add players.. and we also have so many picks that we can give up a lot for Watson and still have picks to improve the team..

Qb is by far the most important position we’ve been searching for a franchise Qb for 50 years.. a 25 year old is available for the first time ever and maybe last time.. you don’t pass on that..

yeah they had a bad year last year but two years ago with a flawed roster they were up 24-0 on the eventual champs the Chiefs and probably would have won if their coach wasn’t inept..

In a league where having an elite Qb is more important then ever ill take my chances trying to build around one for the next 10 years..

Its much harder to find a Watson then it is to fill out other less important holes 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I'm saying regardless if the Jets trade down from #2 or stay there, I think #23 could be a sweet spot for an OL. 

Ultimately, I still think the Jets trade #2 to CAR for multiple picks and use #8 to take Pitts (if he's there) or potentially Chase/Waddle

Vera-Tucker or Jalen Mayfield at #23 wouldn't be bad.  But Mayfield would be outside at RT I think.

Who do you see as OLine candidates at #23?  I don't want Wyatt Davis there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Great, as soon as I see the performance, I'll be happy and applaud the pick.  Till then, it's the same old story "this guy is elite, just not on the statsheet".  And no, "pressures" are not better than sacks and tackles for loss.  You pay edges for game changing plays.  Not for slighting rushing 60 yard completions, lol.  (Reminder that "pressures" and "knockdowns" don;t mean they're not successful plays by the QB, only that the play was rushed or the QB hit.).

I didn't say they were better, I said they were successful plays. A batted ball is a success scene if you'd rather have an interception, given the choice

5 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

First off free agency isn’t over we can still add players.. and we also have so many picks that we can give up a lot for Watson and still have picks to improve the team..

Qb is by far the most important position we’ve been searching for a franchise Qb for 50 years.. a 25 year old is available for the first time ever and maybe left.. you don’t pass on that..

yeah they had a bad year last year but two years ago with a flawed roster they were up 24-0 on the eventual champs the Chiefs and probably would have won if their coach wasn’t inept..

In a league where having an elite Qb is more important then ever ill take my chances trying to build around one for the next 10 years..

Its much harder to find a Watson then it is to fill out other less important holes 

I don't disagree.  QB is 5x more important than any other position, but we've seen what very good QBs looks like on a bad team.... Watson, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, etc.  Those teams ended up in the 3rd, 4th and 7th Draft spots this year. (Houston's pick traded to Miami at #3)

If the Jets trade away 1st and 2nd round picks you end up with JD using his mid-round picks to "upgrade the offense" with guys like La'Michal Perine, Cam Clarke and James Morgan.  I've already seen that movie before.... I didn't like it.  With the exception of a well-calculated risk/reward pick on Bryce Hall we haven't seen Joe Douglas find a good player outside of Round 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

Which may be why they aren’t signing a true number one. 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't disagree.  QB is 5x more important than any other position, but we've seen what very good QBs looks like on a bad team.... Watson, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, etc.  Those teams ended up in the 3rd, 4th and 7th Draft spots this year. (Houston's pick traded to Miami at #3)

If the Jets trade away 1st and 2nd round picks you end up with JD using his mid-round picks to "upgrade the offense" with guys like La'Michal Perine, Cam Clarke and James Morgan.  I've already seen that movie before.... I didn't like it.  With the exception of a well-calculated risk/reward pick on Bryce Hall we haven't seen Joe Douglas find a good player outside of Round 2.

I’ll take my chances with Watson.Having an elite Qb makes life much easier and hides a lot of flaws on your team which in a hard cap league every team even the good ones will have some..

I know Watsons team had a bad year this year but the Texans have basically  ran that franchise into the ground and handed it over to Joel Olsteen JR..

Id rather have Watson and try to find complementary pieces around him then build a very solid team but have no QB and still be on the search for one to get over the hump like so many teams..

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

They have Engram,Barkley,Sheperd,  and this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius_Slayton ... who with a healthy Barkley will take off.

Slayton who has had 2 good years, upside is to be a number 1 wr. 4.39 speed with large arms/ hands ... and has shown enough flashes.

Thats 4 very good weapons.  Now genius outside Daniel Jones progressing where do they lack weapons on offense. I have already went over the defense. 

I enjoy this guy. Reminds me of Raidersfan90210 or whatever his name was, except i read everything he writes in Dave Gettleman’s accent

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

They won more games without Barkley. Evan engram is garbage. Shepard is always hurt. The oline is not good. Slayton is good. If Barkley makes them a contender than he is the best player in the nfl and will MVP next year. 

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Vera-Tucker or Jalen Mayfield at #23 wouldn't be bad.  But Mayfield would be outside at RT I think.

Who do you see as OLine candidates at #23?  I don't want Wyatt Davis there.

If they draft one of these tackles at 23 could Fant move inside to guard?

I think JD thinks and hopes he can get IOL in the 3rd round and below this upcoming draft.  

At 23 and 34 he can definitely pick up WR and CB.  There should be more picks up there, by EITHER trading Darnold or the 2 pick.

Last year the All Rookie Gs and C (PFF/PFWA) were Damien Lewis, Lloyd Cushenberry, Tyler Biadasz, Kevin Dotson and Michael Onwenu-all players the Jets could have had rather than Ashtyn, Morgan, Zuniga, Perine, Clark.  

It gets better-the players getting big money in FA-Linsley, Thuney, Lawson, etc. were picked in the 3rd round and lower.  Godwin and Golladay.  

The Jets were lucky to sign Lawson.   How many FA periods do the Jets struggle to sign good WR, OL and Edge.  They are tough to find there.  Don't you think they should focus on drafting them?  

So if the Jets added three new starters, I would count on at least four more from the upcoming draft, and hopefully one more from the last draft.  

• Upvote 1