2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, Stark said:

agree.. it should be very realistic. how nice would it be to have more than 1 actual NFL level WR?

I think Mims has a chance to be very good and I love Crowder. 

We need to join the rest of the NFL nd have multiple dudes at WR. Don't care how we do it. 

• Upvote 1

One thing to consider when weighing Juju/Samuel - there are A LOT of WR prospects that can be had on day 2/early day 3 on the draft that pencil as slot guys. Not saying a round 4 pick should prevent them from getting a guy like Samuel. However, I could see a situation where the Jets roll with Crowder this year and select a guy in the mid rounds who could be our slot/gadget guy. 

Some names include: 

Rondell Moore

Elijah Moore

D'Wayne Eskridge

Shi Smith 

Tutu Atwell

8 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

If we assume as many believe that the Jets are taking Wilson at 2, then wouldn't it be plausible that the Jets are considering the value of a Darnold trade vs. keeping him as a bridge qb?  Darnold is cheap this year, and the Jets still need a number 2 qb.  Maybe the Jets have placed a value of a low first to trade him and sign another vet vs. just keeping him for a year if the trade compensation is not there.   I have no problem with a really strong qb competition for this year and then letting Darnold walk next year like KC did with Alex Smith  (or trading him in preseason or midseason to a team whose qb goes down with injury).  That team could still franchise him or negotiate a long-term contract following the season. 

I agree with this. I think it's a strong possibility if JD doesn't like the offers.

4 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

One thing to consider when weighing Juju/Samuel - there are A LOT of WR prospects that can be had on day 2/early day 3 on the draft that pencil as slot guys. Not saying a round 4 pick should prevent them from getting a guy like Samuel. However, I could see a situation where the Jets roll with Crowder this year and select a guy in the mid rounds who could be our slot/gadget guy. 

Some names include: 

Rondell Moore

Elijah Moore

D'Wayne Eskridge

Shi Smith 

Tutu Atwell

Yep. But I’d really like it if Douglas allowed us to look at some positions as “needs in the draft.” If we sign another receiver or extend Crowder then a receiver in the draft becomes less important. The same holds true for Edge player if we add a Carlos Dunlap, or Jadaveon Clowney. Basically, the team should have less needs in one place so that  there’s more options overall.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Some names include: 

Rondell Moore

Elijah Moore

D'Wayne Eskridge

Shi Smith 

Tutu Atwell

This is true, but if you can sign a proven and still ascending pro player that fits your dollar-value...you sign him.

Draft is a crapshoot and you don’t know if the players you have high draft grades on + fit your scheme will be there, where you value them.

When you’re a dog sh*t team coming off of a 2-14 season, you need quality talent from free agency (prudently) and draft.

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't get the sense that Douglas necessarily wants to move on from Jamison. I think that he sees him as an adequate short-term fit who is capable of being the versatile YAC guy the coaches want (line up in the slot, outside, in the backfield and manufacture touches), but I get the sense that some of the coaches want more. If they can get an upgrade without making a significant investment, then I think Douglas will knowing that Crowder is very tradeable, but I fear Douglas is overvaluing Crowder a little too much. I like Crowder as much as anyone, but with Samuel's agents wanting to place Samuel here it's going to leave a bitter taste in my mouth if we were to pass him up. 

While crowder is a very good slot receiver and has done some nice things for this team, Samuel's versatility and ability to manufacture touches far exceeds what you can successfully do with Crowder.  If the investment is reasonable I dont know how you dont pull the trigger on it. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

He was out the previous year, too. People forget how good Mosley can be. He’s not Trumaine “Dickhead” Johnson. Mosley is actually a great player. 

He gets a lot of hate here and rightfully so honestly. But think about how we were dominating the Bills before he went down.

Yeah, $20-something million for a half game. Great signing. And I don't expect much from him after sitting for two years. I hope I'm wrong, but I still consider him a major bust.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

That is so irrelevant to the real point. The real point is Mims hasn’t even sniffed 400 yards yet so no, he isn’t just like Corey Davis because he has yet to produce like Corey Davis. You could watch Titans games your entire life before today and I still would of told you that it’s a lazy comparison. Let’s wait for Mims to do something to even show you he’s a solid WR2. Another thing, having two WR2’s isn’t a bad thing. Pls show me a time when the Jets weren’t hurting for some kind of real NFL WR. They did well picking up a solid guy who’s more than just a slot or a Braxton Berrios or a Greg Salas or a Clyde Gates. There should be one more signing at WR then draft one. We aren’t done.

Lazy comparison?  they are the same guy... size, measurables and mims slightly faster. Its not irrelevant at all. After 1 season of NFL Football they are/were the same guy. Davis greatly underperformed relative to his draft position. had a solid year this past year and other than that has been relatively unimpressive. Mims hurt most of the year and played in Adam Gases BS offense, relatively unimpressive. I'd expect Mims to be improved with what appears to be an actual coaching staff. No, Its not a bad thing to actually have #2 type WRs when you are coming from none.  

don't even know why you are trying to insinuate that I said JETS have not been hurting for real NFL WR's. I have been preaching that for years. 

47 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

If we assume as many believe that the Jets are taking Wilson at 2, then wouldn't it be plausible that the Jets are considering the value of a Darnold trade vs. keeping him as a bridge qb?  Darnold is cheap this year, and the Jets still need a number 2 qb.  Maybe the Jets have placed a value of a low first to trade him and sign another vet vs. just keeping him for a year if the trade compensation is not there.   I have no problem with a really strong qb competition for this year and then letting Darnold walk next year like KC did with Alex Smith  (or trading him in preseason or midseason to a team whose qb goes down with injury).  That team could still franchise him or negotiate a long-term contract following the season. 

I don’t think it will play out like that.  If they decide to go QB, they’ll trade Sam for whatever they can get, move on, and sign someone to mentor Wilson/Fields/etc.

Alex Smith was a veteran stop-gap, not a franchise QB for decade signing.  Not exactly the same scenario.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lolz

theyre definitely going to draft Mac Jones, and just make it easy for him to throw to the  all day... ala Brady

but, imagine all your cap being tied up in 2 TEs and role players that caged in, and saying BB is genius with a straight face

this is 100% about Brady rubbing his duck in BBs face

• Upvote 3