2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

I’ll take my chances with Watson.Having an elite Qb makes life much easier and hides a lot of flaws on your team which in a hard cap league every team even the good ones will have some..
I know Watsons team had a bad year this year but the Texans have basically  ran that franchise into the ground and handed it over to Joel Olsteen JR..
Id rather have Watson and try to find complementary pieces around him then build a very solid team but have no QB and still be on the search for one to get over the hump like so many teams..

Nah ... Good QB on bad team leads to mediocrity and a disgruntled QB that is now known for being anti establishment... what could go wrong in NY ?

I would much rather roll with the Stormin Mormon for way less against the cap and give him the 3 years it will take to turn this dumpster around through the draft ala Joe Burrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If they draft one of these tackles at 23 could Fant move inside to guard?

Good question.  I don't know.  But I know that Vera-Tucker is one of the most versatile OL in the Draft.  Similar to Rashawn Slater I think he can play OG, OT and maybe even some Center.  If we drafted Vera-Tucker I'd pencil him in a RG to start.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Nah ... Good QB on bad team leads to mediocrity and a disgruntled QB that is now known for being anti establishment... what could go wrong in NY ? emoji24.pngemoji23.png

I would much rather roll with the Stormin Mormon for way less against the cap and give him the 3 years it will take to turn this dumpster around through the draft ala Joe Burrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

What is this idea that if we draft Watson who’s only 25 we can’t improve the team at all while he’s in his prime the next decade?

As far as being anti establishment? Lol what?

Hes  anti horrible ownership who handed the keys to the franchise to a con man pastor.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Good question.  I don't know.  But I know that Vera-Tucker is one of the most versatile OL in the Draft.  Similar to Rashawn Slater I think he can play OG, OT and maybe even some Center.  If we drafted Vera-Tucker I'd pencil him in a RG to start.

I think Vera-Tucker quickly just became our biggest target @23. Hopefully he’s there. If not there are other tackles available. I guess we’d figure out who plays where once we get these guys on the field 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

VT played LG and LT.
Connor McGovern has played C/RG. 

I think we can grab Vera-Tucker at 23, target a Center anywhere from round 2-4 rounds, and solve all three spots on the IOL. 

• Upvote 2

Ranked the 5th best free agent heading into yesterday. 

Carl Lawson

New York Jets · Edge · Age: 26

Pass rush in a bottle. I'm surprised the Bengals didn't tag Lawson, who finished fourth in pressures (64) and second in QB hits (24) among edge rushers, per PFF.

UPDATE: Lawson has agreed to a three-year, $45 million deal with the Jets that includes $30 million guaranteed and has a max value of $47.4 million. (Ian Rapoport)

• Upvote 2

Nick Vigil is joining the Vikings. NFL.com’s Tom Pelissero reports (via Twitter) that the free agent linebacker is signing with Minnesota. It will be a one-year deal that includes $1MM in guaranteed money. Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press tweetsthat the deal is worth $1.75MM, and that total could increase to as much as $2.3MM.

Ryan Fitzpatrick will not be returning.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to Washington

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports “Former Dolphins’ QB Ryan Fitzpatrick reached agreement with the Washington Football Team on a one-year deal worth $10 million that could grow to $12 million with incentives, per source. Fitzpatrick is expected to head to camp as the starter, with competition from Taylor Heinicke.”

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

There's almost no way the Jets trade for Watson now.  With every passing minute of FA it's becoming more and more apparent the Jets will need Draft picks to upgrade their roster.

In fact, they'll NEED to trade down from 2 as well. 

Well, maybe not, but you know Douglas is itching to do that. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

This team is not going to be very good.  

Absolutely. 

The additions made yesterday were nice ones. But those players impact will not be felt until the offensive line is fixed. Davis simply won't get enough decent throws and if you can't score, it doesn't really matter how good your defense is. Hope they tell these defensive players when they sign them that they should plan on playing 40 minutes/game.

Too early to say, we still have a bunch of moves to make in FA and obviously the draft coming up. 

Agreed, we’ve added an edge rusher which will make Q that much more dangerous, and MLB that can play off the ball. The defense is much better today. Get some secondary help, then all offense. I think that we are a lot closer than most people think. QB obviously being a huge question mark. I think Corey Davis can really help there as well. This isn’t getting fixed overnight, but I am happy we’re it’s headed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1