DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless Watson uses his no-trade clause to block a trade here, losing out to Miami in trade negotiations for Watson would be a fireable offense for Douglas.  

If Watson says I'm off to Fin-land with South beach, warm weather and no state Tax your correct that's not on Joe..

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He’s peddles this argument so many times only to have it blow up in his face every single time.  I don’t get how one can manipulate tangible facts so hard.

yes these Jets really show me with their 2-14 record and general garbageness

these are the facts and listing the Santonio Holmes trade from 10 years ago or the Curtis trade from a different century only proves the last time they cared was a long time ago 

the Jets don't trade for malcontents, they trade away malcontents. there's no way in h-e-double-hockey sticks they trade for Watson and pay 30 mil to give him a voice in the franchise direction 

that's not how any of this works

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Giving up the #2 pick along with what else Houston would want would be my best speculative answer.

My best guess on what the Jets would want to give up?  An actual proposal I have heard was #23 and a 3rd this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2023 and Darnold.  This would allow Douglas to trade down from 2 re-stock the picks he traded away, and have Watson.  I believe that is a fair offer to a team that has a star QB telling them he doesn’t want to be there anymore.  That being said, the belief within the organization is that any trade will have to include 2OA and a lot more.  I don’t have any connections to Houston whatsoever, but I’d have to imagine that is true.

For the record, this proposal hasn’t been made to Houston (as far as I know).  It’s more a brainstorming of offers.

Appreciate the info, as always.

I'm absolutely comfortable with that initial trade proposal, and I like the Jets positioning of the #2 pick - open the negotiations without it, with the understanding that if it's included, we remove other compensation. 

Also like how we seem to be destined to attempt a trade down if we kept the #2. 

Last question - any word on DeVonta Smith vs Ja Marr Chase on the Jets draft board? 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So here is what I think is going on.  Maybe I'm wrong, but reading the twitter tea leaves from people I trust paints a pretty clear picture.

The Watson camp is telling lots of different people different things regarding what he wants, where he wants etc.  The reason they are doing this is they understand that the more teams who feel like they have a legitimate shot at getting him, the better offers the Texans will eventually get and ultimately significantly increase his chances of getting traded.

At this point in time, I doubt very seriously anyone can truly handicap where he wants to go or would be willing to go.  

Makes perfect sense to me. They pumped us up, now they can pump up the Dolphins a bit. Or this can even be the Texans trying to pit division rivals against each other. It will drive the offers up faster than a random AFC team vs a random NFC team. 

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, and I’d love to be wrong, I don’t think we end up with Watson either; for a multitude of reasons.  Of course the main one being the asking price, but also how long this may drag out.

We’ll see.  Personally, I’d love for him to be a Jet, but I have my doubts.

mogglez and I essentially agree on the outcome

watson will not be a New York Jets player 

stop quibbling over style points 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course.  And Watson was my top guy in that class.  I am far better than Mike Maccagnan.  

But since we can't hop in a time machine, trading for him now is the next best thing.  There's no reason to be saying "Well, we couldn't draft him then, so we'll pass on him now.  I like draft picks too much to do that."  That's just plain silly.  It's a new GM and a new situation here.  

And finally time to trust JD, not all the fans clamoring for a trade... If he does great, if he doesn't, it doesn't mean he needs to be fired, because us fans will never know what the terms would be. Maybe he might think they are outrageous.... Just a thought lol...

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

And finally time to trust JD, not all the fans clamoring for a trade... If he does great, if he doesn't, it doesn't mean he needs to be fired, because us fans will never know what the terms would be. Maybe he might think they are outrageous.... Just a thought lol...

Since no on can offer what the Jets can, I find it hard to imagine any trade demands ending up being too much for the Jets to give up.  The Texans may want the moon, but the best they're going to get is what the Jets can reasonably offer, period.  # 2 and one of the Seattle picks (or even a 2nd rounder) ought to be more than enough.  There's no reason for the Jets to bid against themselves on this one.  

• Upvote 1

With what Miami's roster look like now plus coaching staff and GM, I cant imagine Watson not making them the top choice.  throw in the taxes part and its really a no brainier.  They don't have as much as we can offer but they don't have as many holes to fill so they can up up their #1 offers.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes these Jets really show me with their 2-14 record and general garbageness

these are the facts and listing the Santonio Holmes trade from 10 years ago or the Curtis trade from a different century only proves the last time they cared was a long time ago 

the Jets don't trade for malcontents, they trade away malcontents. there's no way in h-e-double-hockey sticks they trade for Watson and pay 30 mil to give him a voice in the franchise direction 

that's not how any of this works

How many trades per year do you need?  Turns out, players don't get traded that often.

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Giving up the #2 pick along with what else Houston would want would be my best speculative answer.

My best guess on what the Jets would want to give up?  An actual proposal I have heard was #23 and a 3rd this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2023 and Darnold.  This would allow Douglas to trade down from 2, re-stock the picks he traded away, and have Watson.  I believe that is a fair offer to a team that has a star QB telling them he doesn’t want to be there anymore.  That being said, the belief within the organization is that any trade will have to include 2OA and a lot more.  I don’t have any connections to Houston whatsoever, but I’d have to imagine that is true.

For the record, this proposal hasn’t been made to Houston yet (as far as I know).  It’s more of a brainstorming of offers.

Impassé

Jets don’t want to give up their coveted pick in a fool proof spot to trade back

Houston can’t trade Watson without a selling the fanbase on a shiny new rookie. 

• Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Since no on can offer what the Jets can, I find it hard to imagine any trade demands ending up being too much for the Jets to give up.  The Texans may want the moon, but the best they're going to get is what the Jets can reasonably offer, period.  # 2 and one of the Seattle picks (or even a 2nd rounder) ought to be more than enough.  There's no reason for the Jets to bid against themselves on this one.  

For what it’s worth (again lol), this is why I feel how long Houston is willing to play hardball plays a huge role.  Caserio just said at their press conference for Cully that they have zero intentions of trading Deshaun.  There is no doubt in my mind that this is a message to Watson.

If this looks like it will linger beyond the draft, which it might, count a lot of teams out.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Completely agree, but you as well as so many others have stated it will take 3 or more 1st's... Now if JD can get Watson for what you are suggesting, then I would be all for it, depending on which one of the Seattle picks... For me it would have to be next years if I'm going to give #2 this year.

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

An actual proposal I have heard was #23 and a 3rd this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2023 and Darnold

Pretty solid and serious opening bid that will allow the Texans to look like huge winners when Douglas swaps the 23 for #2 and pulls Darnold back. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rebuilds only work if you have a QB.  You'd better hope Tua is the guy.  

He's not. He suck.

48 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Excuse me?

The Greatest Showman Lol GIF by Sky

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK cool.  Well Watson is the right QB.  Any system, any roster scenario, Watson is the right guy.

Indeed... uuuunless he spurns us and does end up at some sh*thole like Miami. Then he's a system QB that is too brittle.. and "LOL, Miami overpaid". At least, thats what I will be spouting. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My best guess on what the Jets would want to give up?  An actual proposal I have heard was #23 and a 3rd this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2023 and Darnold.  This would allow Douglas to trade down from 2, re-stock the picks he traded away, and have Watson.  I believe that is a fair offer to a team that has a star QB telling them he doesn’t want to be there anymore.  That being said, the belief within the organization is that any trade will have to include 2OA and a lot more.  I don’t have any connections to Houston whatsoever, but I’d have to imagine that is true.

For the record, this proposal hasn’t been made to Houston yet (as far as I know).  It’s more of a brainstorming of offers.

Thanks for this. Also, if you had to guess.. HAD TO.. gun to your head via a hurting fanbase.. do we get Watson? DO WE?? 

• Sympathy 1

I actually think it's better that Houston drags this out. Because if they do, some of the teams that want him now won't be in the running for Watson if he actually gets traded.

And if they do trade Watson eventually and we trade down in this upcoming draft and collect more pics, that's more ammo that can be used to get Watson later on.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the info, as always.

I'm absolutely comfortable with that initial trade proposal, and I like the Jets positioning of the #2 pick - open the negotiations without it, with the understanding that if it's included, we remove other compensation. 

Also like how we seem to be destined to attempt a trade down if we kept the #2. 

Last question - any word on DeVonta Smith vs Ja Marr Chase on the Jets draft board? 

Wayyyyy too early to talk draft board lol.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

I've never trolled here...been a member here probably longer than you.

Having rival fans insight is good...plus my drunk uncle Johnny from Brooklyn was a Jets fan, he's long gone, but I can still here him cussing. 

Look you are a Dolphins fan actively engaged in Jets topics. I understand Finsheaven is a painful place. As far as you being on the board longer is irrelevant as we both joined in 2014 as I was a refugee from JI. I have been a fan for over 45 years. I do like reasonable discussions with rival teams. Happy to hear you are doing it for ole uncle Johnny from  BKLYN. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Had said:

As a fin fan I would prefer not to waste draft picks on Waton. This is the second year of a planned rebuild.

Hey Ben.  My fin fan friend doesn't want Watson either.  He wants massive haul trade down to someone wanting to jump Atlanta for the third QB,   He would rather roll with Tua and draft picks.

How say you? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Caserio threw that ball right back in DeShauns court his move.

I don't think Deshaun has a move here.  He requested a trade and I believe let it be known he's willing to sit out.  If the Texans want to forgo draft compensation in 2021, they can certainly call his bluff or hope he changes his mind.  But, so far as I can tell, that's where things stand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

If Watson says I'm off to Fin-land with South beach, warm weather and no state Tax your correct that's not on Joe..

But JD needs to drive up the price.  If Fins get Watson for less than 3 ones, he failed big time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I don't think Deshaun has a move here.  He requested a trade and I believe let it be known he's willing to sit out.  If the Texans want to forgo draft compensation in 2021, they can certainly call his bluff or hope he changes his mind.  But, so far as I can tell, that's where things stand.

Seems, so far, like a fairly textbook prelude to a trade, with everyone taking the normal positions. 

• Upvote 2