DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

7 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Yeah it was bs

The two references were schefter saying to Greeny “don’t get your hopes up” last week and mort relying to a shefter tweet in Which shefty put 4 pics of Watson in different uniforms, a jets fan tweeted “you left out the jets” and mort cryptically replied “no he did not”.   Those are the only things that have been said.  

The  shefty hopes up comment was a week ago.  Before the formal request for a trade.  Before the Miami article saying the jets were a favorite.  The Mort tweet was a couple of days ago and my guess it was piggybacking on whatever view shefty had a week ago.

nothing else has been said by these two and I wouldn’t call these two interactions i mention as really concrete, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

It would be sort of amusing if the Jets pass on Watson, don't draft a QB and Sam sucks as usual, even with a new coach, improved line and weaponz. 

Oh, and the defense wins them 8 games so the Jets are drafting mid first, so all the good QB's are gone in 2022 as well. 

Just look at that Easterby Egghead. "The storm" is coming Houston. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I do not believe it's over. The 2nd overall pick, Deshaun Watson's desire to play for Robert Saleh, and Woody Big Balls Johnson being back make the Jets the clear-cut favorites in the Watson Sweepstakes.

Me neither Schefter and Mort don't have a clue, both just want headlines. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, pointman said:

Why did Michael Kay say that Rich Cimini said we are FOURTH on Watson's list and that Schefter said not to get your hopes up about Watson joining the Jets?? WHY??? WHY??????????

This is definitely not what I wanted to hear Schefter say, not helping my Watson to the Jets hopes. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Give me some good Jets news/rumors of who we're chasing now that our dreams have been shattered. 

Lol. He’s been saying we’re 75% likely sticking with Darnold for a while now. Hopefully his insider view has changed. But...as Jets fans it looks like we will be flirting with all these QBs and ultimately end up with the same one. Lawrence...no. Watson...no. Fields...no. Wilson...no.

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Samtorobby47 and @football guy please leave us alone in not crushing our dream!! There are other threads to comment on other Jet related issues.... but at least give us radio silence as it pertains to Watson! It's the only thing that keeps me going in a world subjected to the China virus, a new administration where Presidential Orders are being signed at an alarming rate to get around Congress, schools closed and teachers fighting to go back, cancel culture and Big Tech.... the list goes on.

The possibility of landing Watson gets me up every morning hoping to see the news that the Jets have come to an agreement with the Texans.

Get Out Of Here GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

I'm sorry soldier....its been an honor but it's time

Salute GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

It would be sort of amusing if the Jets pass on Watson, don't draft a QB and Sam sucks as usual, even with a new coach, improved line and weaponz. 

It would be far worse than amusing. It's the most likely scenario if Sam returns as starter and it would probably lead to Douglas being fired before his contract runs out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, dcJet said:

The 2nd overall is what makes us the favorite.  If we don't offer that, might as well not even bid.

The Giants and 20 other teams, can and will beat the offer you suggest.

So be it, then I'm out... cause I'm not giving up #2, and 2 or 3 more 1st's. Dealing #2 this year is like giving them 2-3 1st's if they decide to trade it, so in no way am I giving then anymore then #2 this year, Seattle #1 next year and Darnold as a thrown in.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Oh, and the defense wins them 8 games so the Jets are drafting mid first, so all the good QB's are gone in 2022 as well. 

Which is just fine because you have two first rounders next year (more if we trade down) have enough team talent to go 8-8 and can get a new QB next year.

The other thing would be, trade for Watson have no draft resources win 5 or 6 games.

Either way you have to get better via a new Qb or by building a team.

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Kind of a bummer, but I would think this is a JD situation and not from Watson. Mcshay was already lying about darnolds talent to lessen the blow. 

I can tell you that Mort and Schefter were not on ESPN this morning and no such thing was said. Whoever this bozo is making these claims his profile pic absolutely fits him to a tee.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You are absolutely correct.  The more time I've had to think about this the worse it looks.

Get him for Sam and #2 overall...maybe throw in Seattles 3rd...

Anything more than that I walk away.  Just not worth it.

The time to make an offer for Watson is when he's holding out 

Maury balls from balls models negotiating 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Ok and by amusing do you mean Peak Jets??

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Samtorobby47 and @football guy please leave us alone in not crushing our dream!! There are other threads to comment on other Jet related issues.... but at least give us radio silence as it pertains to Watson! It's the only thing that keeps me going in a world subjected to the China virus, a new administration where Presidential Orders are being signed at an alarming rate to get around Congress, schools closed and teachers fighting to go back, cancel culture and Big Tech.... the list goes on.

The possibility of landing Watson gets me up every morning hoping to see the news that the Jets have come to an agreement with the Texans.

Get Out Of Here GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Yes let’s make this a Watson dreamland safe zone ?

You wanna be cynical go make your own thread 

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

This is definitely not what I wanted to hear Shefter say, not helping my Watson to the Jets hopes. 

I would not take anything Kay or Cimini say they are trying to grab clicks and listens that is all. Rich is not in the loop as much as the other Jets guys and Kay likes to Ballwash the Yanks even when they aren't even playing . I wouldn't put too much stock into what those assclowns have to say.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't believe how many people on this message board still don't have the 1st clue of how to identify what might be credible information on Twitter.

Seriously.  A random tweet from a Blake Arnold (whoever the hell that is) is taken as gospel.   People are funny. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Lol. He’s been saying we’re 75% likely sticking with Darnold for a while now. Hopefully his insider view has changed. But...as Jets fans it looks like we will be flirting with all these QBs and ultimately end up with the same one. Lawrence...no. Watson...no. Fields...no. Wilson...no.

If this is really true, fire Joe Douglas.  

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Which is just fine because you have two first rounders next year (more if we trade down) have enough team talent to go 8-8 and can get a new QB next year.

The other thing would be, trade for Watson have no draft resources win 5 or 6 games.

Either way you have to get better via a new Qb or by building a team.

What’s the cost to trade up next year if they finish 8-8?  Then, what’s the net gain of doing it that way vs. trading for the know commodity?   My guess is that the compensation would not be far apart between trading up in 2022 and acquiring Deshaun this year.  For me, I try to make the Deshaun deal work.

• Post of the Week 3