DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

It's amazing to me how many people can't tell the difference between sourced information and someone giving their opinion....every word that comes out of Schefters mouth doesn't mean he has some sourced information these guys bounce back and forth from being hot take artists and journalists every other Tweet or TV appearance. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, after we've spent the draft capital that would be most effective in trading for him?

effective defined as acquiring Watson at any cost, as fast as possible, no

effective defined as acquiring him at the lowest price, yes

bottom line, this just isn't a Jets kind of move

they don't trade FOR players, they trade AWAY players

anyone else watch Bob's Burgers? Woody is like Mr Fish 

he's not going to sponsor the kids' go kart, he's going to sell the kids a used bumper car for 3 dollars 

the money flows toward the Johnsons, not away from them 

he's going to trade away a malcontent not trade for someone else's malcontent

30 mil for a QB is like 15 more than they want to spend 

fox tv GIF by Bob's Burgers 

• Upvote 2

Don’t know if this has been posted 

Sources in Mobile have told PFN that should the #Texans shop Deshaun Watson, the #Dolphins will absolutely involve themselves in trade discussions. And, sources have told that Watson prefers to play for the Dolphins. The very latest below.

8 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Sources in Mobile have told PFN that should the #Texans shop Deshaun Watson, the #Dolphins will absolutely involve themselves in trade discussions. And, sources have told that Watson prefers to play for the Dolphins. The very latest below.

As a fin fan I would prefer not to waste draft picks on Waton. This is the second year of a planned rebuild.

• WTF? 1

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course you bought this one hook, like and sinker.

Anything that confirms what you think will happen is true.  Everything that doesn't is false.  

Do better.  We're counting on you and @Mogglez.

FWIW, and I’d love to be wrong, I don’t think we end up with Watson either; for a multitude of reasons.  Of course the main one being the asking price, but also how long this may drag out.

We’ll see.  Personally, I’d love for him to be a Jet, but I have my doubts.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What’s the cost to trade up next year if they finish 8-8?  Then, what’s the net gain of doing it that way vs. trading for the know commodity?   My guess is that the compensation would not be far apart between trading up in 2022 and acquiring Deshaun this year.  For me, I try to make the Deshaun deal work.

If we trade down this year good chance we have three first rounders next year.  Maybe four if we traded down twice.

We are unlikely to have an awesome record next year so we are not trading from 25 to top 5.

It's a matter of getting the right QB.  KC gave up a 1st rounder to trade up to get mahommes.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If we trade down this year good chance we have three first rounders next year.  Maybe four if we traded down twice.

We are unlikely to have an awesome record next year so we are not trading from 25 to top 5.

It's a matter of getting the right QB.  KC gave up a 1st rounder to trade up to get mahommes.

OK cool.  Well Watson is the right QB.  Any system, any roster scenario, Watson is the right guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

As a fin fan I would prefer not to waste draft picks on Waton. This is the second year of a planned rebuild.

I think a team like the Dolphins(a 10 win team) surprised last year(especially on offense) and trading draft picks for Watson isn’t a bad idea considering you would have just filled the most important position in sports with a top 3-5 QB. Watson on last years Miami team probably takes them up to 12-4 instead of 10-6.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rebuilds only work if you have a QB.  You'd better hope Tua is the guy.  

That worked well with what we thought was our FQB pick didn't it... So even if we did draft Watson in the same year that we drafted Sam, how's that rebuild going ?

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

effective defined as acquiring Watson at any cost, as fast as possible, no

effective defined as acquiring him at the lowest price, yes

bottom line, this just isn't a Jets kind of move

they don't trade FOR players, they trade AWAY players

anyone else watch Bob's Burgers? Woody is like Mr Fish 

he's not going to sponsor the kids' go kart, he's going to sell the kids a used bumper car for 3 dollars 

the money flows toward the Johnsons, not away from them 

he's going to trade away a malcontent not trade for someone else's malcontent

30 mil for a QB is like 15 more than they want to spend 

fox tv GIF by Bob's Burgers 

Except for the trade for Brett Favre, the signing of Faneca, signing of Damian Woody, trade for and contract of Santonio Holmes, huge Revis deal 1, huge Revis deal 2, Mo Wilk contract, Plaxico Burress  contract, trade for Brandon Marshall, signing of Eric Decker.

You conflate incompetence with cheapness. The management has mostly been bad but it’s not for lack of resources made available to them. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

That worked well with what we thought was our FQB pick didn't it... So even if we did draft Watson in the same year that we drafted Sam, how's that rebuild going ?

Pretty well.  Because we'd have a top 5 QB.  Macc would still be the GM, so we'd have issues, but we'd have a top 5 QB.  

The whole reason we didn't draft Watson is because Macc sucks, however, so it was never meant to be.  He thought Christian Hackenberg was the guy.  

But sure, QB doesn't matter, because Jets.  All that matters is weppinz and coaching in this league.  So no point in ever trying to get a good QB.  They're paid the most by far for no good reason, I tell ya.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Right, that’s why you are trolling a Jets board. 

I've never trolled here...been a member here probably longer than you.

Having rival fans insight is good...plus my drunk uncle Johnny from Brooklyn was a Jets fan, he's long gone, but I can still here him cussing. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty well.  Because we'd have a top 5 QB.  Macc would still be the GM, so we'd have issues, but we'd have a top 5 QB.  

The whole reason we didn't draft Watson is because Macc sucks, however, so it was never meant to be.  He thought Christian Hackenberg was the guy.  

My point exactly... we never had the right GM leading this rebuild, but to your point Watson with this team before we have to trade for him now, is a way better scenario than now having to trade for him.....

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, and I’d love to be wrong, I don’t think we end up with Watson either; for a multitude of reasons.  Of the course the main one being the asking price, but also how long this may drag out.

We’ll see.  Personally, I’d love him to be a Jet, but I have my doubts.

I'm aware this would require speculation on your part; but what's the major issue on price - giving up the #2? The sheer volume of first round picks being sent? 

If you had to guess, what would the Jets be comfortable giving up for Deshaun?

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

So here is what I think is going on.  Maybe I'm wrong, but reading the twitter tea leaves from people I trust paints a pretty clear picture.

The Watson camp is telling lots of different people different things regarding what he wants, where he wants etc.  The reason they are doing this is they understand that the more teams who feel like they have a legitimate shot at getting him, the better offers the Texans will eventually get and ultimately significantly increase his chances of getting traded.

At this point in time, I doubt very seriously anyone can truly handicap where he wants to go or would be willing to go.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

My point exactly... we never had the right GM leading this rebuild, but to your point Watson with this team before we have to trade for him now, is a way better scenario than now having to trade for him.....

Of course.  And Watson was my top guy in that class.  I am far better than Mike Maccagnan.  

But since we can't hop in a time machine, trading for him now is the next best thing.  There's no reason to be saying "Well, we couldn't draft him then, so we'll pass on him now.  I like draft picks too much to do that."  That's just plain silly.  It's a new GM and a new situation here.  

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Like that matters 

What's to stop Watson from shooting his way out of town again next year? 

His love for new York? 

Because he has leverage as go where he gets traded to. If Jets land him I'd feel pretty confident he wanted to be on there. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So here is what I think is going on.  Maybe I'm wrong, but reading the twitter tea leaves from people I trust paints a pretty clear picture.

The Watson camp is telling lots of different people different things regarding what he wants, where he wants etc.  The reason they are doing this is they understand that the more teams who feel like they have a legitimate shot at getting him, the better offers the Texans will eventually get and ultimately significantly increase his chances of getting traded.

At this point in time, I doubt very seriously anyone can truly handicap where he wants to go or would be willing to go.  

Agreed....the only thing I believe we know for certain right now is that Watson wants out.....we may know perhaps he wouldn’t mind a trade to the Jets or Miami, and other teams yet to be highlighted. The rest of the puzzle pieces will have to play itself out 

8 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Because he has leverage as go where he gets traded to. If Jets land him I'd feel pretty confident he wanted to be on there. 

well, he was confident in being in Houston when he signed his enormous contract extension in Sept 2020 

the dude changes his mind and there's nothing to stop him from doing it again 

this is so out of character for this franchise. it would be like the Jets trading FOR Revis. it goes against everything they stand for 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

It would be sort of amusing if the Jets pass on Watson, don't draft a QB and Sam sucks as usual, even with a new coach, improved line and weaponz. 

Oh, and the defense wins them 8 games so the Jets are drafting mid first, so all the good QB's are gone in 2022 as well. 

Hey Buzz, Just so you know, I upvote your avatar every time,  not your content.  ?

• Haha 2