DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This is the equivalent of a high school Principal calling a parent and telling them their son is getting involved with the wrong crowd.  Easterby knows Deshaun’s mom is very religious and probably played that card when “warning” her about her son’s possible troubles ahead.  

A principal calling the parent of a minor over concerns, is a bit different than EVP of football operations calling the mother of an adult man.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Like that matters 

What's to stop Watson from shooting his way out of town again next year? 

His love for new York? 

I have been saying this.  There is risk based on his behavior.  He could do the same thing here. Not to mention Saleh won't be fired under any circumstances for the next decade or so, regardless of his record.  You cant fire your coach, if your star QB is gonna want out.  But people just want to ignore this  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If he doesn't void his no-trade clause we need to walk away from the negotiations.

SAR I

Why would Watson change anything about his contract? 

The people who hate adams but love Watson

Corporate wants you to find the difference between these two pictures 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's not going to be reasonable 

The edge lords do it again 

84f8af4.jpg

You are absolutely correct.  The more time I've had to think about this the worse it looks.

Get him for Sam and #2 overall...maybe throw in Seattles 3rd...

Anything more than that I walk away.  Just not worth it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why would Watson change anything about his contract? 

The people who hate adams but love Watson

Corporate wants you to find the difference between these two pictures 

Because if Watson forced his way out of Houston there is nothing stopping him from doing it again to another team.  If the Jets are going to mortgage our future on this guy, he has to do the same.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, football guy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. They’re trying to chance the perception of the situation and by extension the team. 

Watson wanted to use insensitivity to social injustice, lack of empathy, and incompetence as means to get out of town because they knew those headlines stick and people react to them more in today’s political environment than ever... people don’t read or investigate, they believe headlines, so Deshaun’s reps leaked those things as a means of playing the “victim” card, all the while he just wants out because the team is headed for a rebuild.

Meanwhile, Cal McNair supported the players kneeling, was one of the only owners who went to George Floyd’s funeral, and Cal’s family is heavily invested in fighting systemic racism unlike any other team in sports: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/amp/Bill-O-Brien-will-take-a-knee-with-players-as-15335910.php

Now, team has been hiring prominent black coaches for their new staff left and right, all with great reputations, and Deshaun’s asking for a trade/refusing to speak to them... who looks like the bad guy now?

Idk, I just look at the Texans and see them making these moves now to lessen the blow back. They screwed up by ignoring their QBs opinions. I'd have to imagine Watson wants a good minority coach, not just a minority coach. I'm sure there is a sizeable part of this that is Watson not wanting to go through a rebuild, in fact a rebuild is probably a sore subject for Watson after seeing how JJ felt the need to apologize to him.

The coaching and GM search is going to dictate how his career is going to shape up through his prime, and they blatantly ignored his opinion. Watson is not entirely in the right but that organization has failed him.

11 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The Beloved Steven A Smith reported earlier that it was the Texans. NOT deshauns side that leaked he requested a trade. 

Pretty significant news. 

Not only is Deshaun 100% getting traded . It means they are in active negotiations in trading him. Last thing they would want is trade rumors leaking before its established that this is Deshaun’s desire. 

This might happen alot faster then people think. 

whoa, that's serious news....

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Idk, I just look at the Texans and see them making these moves now to lessen the blow back. They screwed up by ignoring their QBs opinions. I'd have to imagine Watson wants a good minority coach, not just a minority coach. I'm sure there is a sizeable part of this that is Watson not wanting to go through a rebuild, in fact a rebuild is probably a sore subject for Watson after seeing how JJ felt the need to apologize to him.

The coaching and GM search is going to dictate how his career is going to shape up through his prime, and they blatantly ignored his opinion. Watson is not entirely in the right but that organization has failed him.

Watson resigned with Houston after they traded Hopkins, so he knew upfront what was going on. Watson is a great player, but you can’t be the GM and then high tail it to Cabo and expect the franchise to follow your every demand. There seems to be issues on both sides here and the fact that Watson seems to be Teflon in the media right now should make teams nervous. Houston was up big on the Chiefs in the playoffs last year, are always in the playoffs and now they’re garbage? Nah.

The celebrations in this thread are premature. Half the teams in the NFL are scratching their heads and considering far fetched trade scenarios. Franchise QB on the block, anything is possible. Some GMs are including their wives and daughters in these trades, that's how big this opportunity is. 

Thr jets, and joey D, gotta make their move quickly. You snooze, u looze. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Watson resigned with Houston after they traded Hopkins, so he knew upfront what was going on. Watson is a great player, but you can’t be the GM and then high tail it to Cabo and expect the franchise to follow your every demand. There seems to be issues on both sides here and the fact that Watson seems to be Teflon in the media right now should make teams nervous. Houston was up big on the Chiefs in the playoffs last year, are always in the playoffs and now they’re garbage? Nah.

The fact that he is Teflon in the media says more about the sad state of media.  They did the same thing with Jamal Adams.  Ex players with big egos now dominate the media landscape and the non players tag along like lackeys.  Greeny is the worst at it: every player is a victim; Rich owner is wrong, player is right. It’s so absurd 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I absolutely agree they're hiring minority coaches for PR purposes now, but point I'm making is that the initial grievance of Watson's reps (which they liked, retweeted, and confirmed in a variety of different ways) was that the Texans aren't woke enough and not including Deshaun on the decision to hire Caserio was the camel that broke his back. That's not it. His team even acknowledges that Caserio was probably the right hire. They already did a ton of research on him (tampering) and Watson knew or should've known Caserio was going to eventually be the guy when he signed his contract. Caserio was clearly the best candidate of the crop Korn Ferry produced. I don't think you'll find anyone denying that. They abandoned the process, yes, but ended up with the right GM. So you're mad because the team hired the best candidate without telling you first? Please. 

None of those things are the real reasons why he wants out. He wants out because when he and his reps started asking around the league, trying to see what coaches would be interested, they didn't like what they heard back. It was an "awakening" of sorts which should have been painfully obvious... this team is years away from contention. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Close it down fellas.

I wonder what their source:/ justification is.  I would think it’s the same source.  I can’t imagine Watson would say no given his likes, want for salah and rumors out there.  I’d there stance is 27 teams are in play , would be odd that the jets aren’t.  Could it be noise from the jets?

51 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Good post, and I for one am more than willing to give the (SEATTLE) picks to Houston along with Sam for Watson. I feel that is a good enough deal to get Watson, and if not so be it... I can live with the other alternative which would be knowing we can trade down for even more draft capitol and a QB around 4-10, while still using our other picks to sure up our other needs, or staying at #2...

The 2nd overall is what makes us the favorite.  If we don't offer that, might as well not even bid.

The Giants and 20 other teams, can and will beat the offer you suggest.

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

Kind of a bummer, but I would think this is a JD situation and not from Watson. Mcshay was already lying about darnolds talent to lessen the blow. 

I’m telling y’all it’s jimmy Sexton thats the problem, he’s obviously influencing the narrative on Darnold. This is contract year 

8 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I wonder what their source:/ justification is.  I would think it’s the same source.  I can’t imagine Watson would say no given his likes, want for salah and rumors out there.  I’d there stance is 27 teams are in play , would be odd that the jets aren’t.  Could it be noise from the jets?

They're just rumors though and could very well just be BS just to be a part of the game.

It was all a nice pipedream.

Can not wait until this is over..... Everyone said what they had to say and keep spinning their wheels....

I wouldn't kick him out of bed for Sam Darnold but I don't even want him .... Just because his team is trash Dude thinks he gets to do the GMs job.... Let this be someone else's dilemma.

C'mon free agency and the draft get here already.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, joebabyny said:

I don't think they want to either, but I wonder if the reason they came out of left field with their HC hire was because they know it is a possibility that they will have to and telling candidates "look, in addition to cap issues and lack of trade picks, and an OC that we are going to force on you, we are probably going to have to trade Watson. Will you take the job?"

The timing of the announcement that Watson was officially seeking a trade is curious too. Was it because he agreed to not officially request it until the HC search was over? Was it because that hire was the final straw for him? There is more to the story there. 

Yahoo, which is terrible for news, lol, did have a little throwaway at the end of their story, basically asking what organization secrets Watson knows and the team may pacify him with his demand to keep hidden. It sure does seem like a lot of players there have some major issues with the organization, even guys like Watt. All speculation, but it feels like there is more there, maybe just a little.

17 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Close it down fellas.

Not closing it down because I can't fully believe it. I've seen actual evidence of watson liking Jets related twitter posts. I've seen video footage of people around him pushing NY. I can point out others in the media that claim to have connections to watson that say he's going to NY. I can point to players pushing him to NY.

My point is, it's way to early to say definitely one way or another based on anyone's rumor.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

Turns out the guy was lying. Jets Twitter rewatched all of ESPN this AM and they never said that. Carry on. 

Guys, the biggest point that NOBODY, AND I MEAN NOBODY, can counter is this:

We have the #2 pick. If Houston wants to trade to Miami or some team below us and see Wilson or Fields (depending on whom they prefer) be drafted by the NY Jets and they're left holding the bag on their second choice, then fine, go ahead and trade him somewhere else. 

If Houston is targeting a QB, they have to trade with us unless they get a franchise level passer in return for Watson.

Everything else is smoke to try to drive up what they can get out of JD.