DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

3 hours ago, Vader said:

Watson to leave has to do what Jamal did. Become so toxic to the organization that retaining him becomes untenable. Watson, like Jamal, has to become a heel. Not clear Watson is willing to go to the dark side.

And the question is do the Jets want a person who does that.  

Crazy times.....

:( 

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The Beloved Steven A Smith reported earlier that it was the Texans. NOT deshauns side that leaked he requested a trade. 

Pretty significant news. 

Not only is Deshaun 100% getting traded . It means they are in active negotiations in trading him. Last thing they would want is trade rumors leaking before its established that this is Deshaun’s desire. 

This might happen alot faster then people think. 

BUT BUT THE JETNATION “INSIDERS” SAID YOU CANNOT THINK THIS WAY! ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

It’s quite simple actually.... call JJ Watt a White Privileged  Rascist and you’re gone. That’s like going to Alabama and saying Skynyrd sucks. You’ll be chased out of town with pitchforks. 

Watt is a national treasure in Houston. Come on Deshaun take one for your new Jets teammates and Saleh!!

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Oh GOD so the self righteous, pearl clutching portion of this fanbase can forever hate him? Smfh 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

There'a a big difference though. Douglas was always willing to trade Jamal. Gase and Christopher didn't want to. Then it got toxic and JD was able to convince them to let him make the deal while the iron was hot. 

Houston doesn't want to trade Deshaun. They're going to try and pinch their nose, ignore the antics, and come out looking morally superior. All they need to do is put out a tweet with their staff hires and they'll be applauded/Deshaun's reps will combust lol. 

Besides, the Texans may be dumb but they aren't totally stupid. They've gotten to know Deshaun enough by now that it's not his character to be attacking people. They know this is all agent/rep driven. 

This makes sense but what do you make of the rumors that it was the Texans that let it out that Watson requested a trade. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I don't know where you're getting this from or if it's just your opinion but they most definitely do not want to trade Watson... 

I don't think they want to either, but I wonder if the reason they came out of left field with their HC hire was because they know it is a possibility that they will have to and telling candidates "look, in addition to cap issues and lack of trade picks, and an OC that we are going to force on you, we are probably going to have to trade Watson. Will you take the job?"

The timing of the announcement that Watson was officially seeking a trade is curious too. Was it because he agreed to not officially request it until the HC search was over? Was it because that hire was the final straw for him? There is more to the story there. 

Yahoo, which is terrible for news, lol, did have a little throwaway at the end of their story, basically asking what organization secrets Watson knows and the team may pacify him with his demand to keep hidden. It sure does seem like a lot of players there have some major issues with the organization, even guys like Watt. All speculation, but it feels like there is more there, maybe just a little.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, joebabyny said:

came across this, don't know who the writer is, apparently he was a fly on the wall at the senior bowl and got an earful. Interesting tidbit about Texans.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/1/28/22254545/senior-bowl-diary-day-3-texans-executive-jack-easterby-is-unhinged

The Texans actually found a gm worse than Idzik/Mac

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, QB1 said:

I 100% think the Texans want to trade Watson at this point 

- new GM and HC dont want to be saddled with a disgruntled QB

- no cap or draft picks to win with Deshaun

- their iconic defensive star is on the edge of retirement 

the Texans are headed toward a full blow it up rebuild, you don’t do they with a QB on a rich deal 

Yet Watson can veto any trade

Both Seattle picks and Sam can get this done

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There is absolutely no comparison to Watson and Jamal either as players or in terms of how they were treated,

Watson would be entitled to punch McNair in the face and f*ck his wife. They have treated the most valuable member in their franchise history like garbage.

The diva of a box safety was just a bitch. 

Seriously. Jamal Adams acted like a POS, disrespected the fans, his teammates, and the entire FO/CS. How can anyone compare the 2? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

came across this, don't know who the writer is, apparently he was a fly on the wall at the senior bowl and got an earful. Interesting tidbit about Texans.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/1/28/22254545/senior-bowl-diary-day-3-texans-executive-jack-easterby-is-unhinged

Yikes. Sounds like Easterby texted Watson’s mom and that broke the camel’s back. 

“As I said, Easterby is alleged to have sent texts like an abusive lover to this agent’s client but after he got no response (from an alpha-male- professional athlete- millionaire in his 20’s) Easterby took the time out of his day to then text the player's mother to let her know how concerned he was with the player's life choices. Seriously.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yikes. Sounds like Easterby texted Watson’s mom and that broke the camel’s back. 

“As I said, Easterby is alleged to have sent texts like an abusive lover to this agent’s client but after he got no response (from an alpha-male- professional athlete- millionaire in his 20’s) Easterby took the time out of his day to then text the player's mother to let her know how concerned he was with the player's life choices. Seriously.”

Sounds like a legit psycho. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Then Brett Favre texted her dick picks. 

• Haha 3

There is no comparison between Jamal and Watson. Jamal acted like an A$$HAT, which does not seem to be what Watson is doing.

The package can only be one of which does not harm our chances to build this team... Any self respecting JET fan has been waiting too long to just throw that away. For the first time in the last 25 years since Parcells, we are positioned nicely to build this franchise. We don't have idiots running the team now. Sure we need the QB, but not at the detriment to this TEAM and it's ascension into a football dynasty... I believe JD is smart enough to know what a good deal looks like, however if he goes overboard and acts like Seattle did, then I will lose all faith in him that he understands the way to build a great football team.

• Upvote 1

I won’t compare Jamal and Watson but I will defend Jamal on one thing:

Going to camp for every open practice since 2009, I don’t think there is anyone in that timeframe that spent more time with the fans taking pictures and signing until the very last possible second. I don’t know what kind of community work he did during his time here, but when it came time to spend time and connect with the fans, he absolutely did that, and did that very well. I think that was a large part of why so many people were attached to him and didn’t want to see him go, myself included. 

I give him a ton of respect for that, but with that said he turned into a little crybaby bitch when things didn’t go his way and although I hated to lose that spark I felt he gave to the team, I’m much happier that he is gone and seeing how the picks we got for him will help build the team back up, whether that means they go towards Watson, or drafting talent. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Chris is correct.  Never seen a player spend as much time signing as Jamal

Especially for someone as high profile as he was too. 

Next closest for me year in and year out was Rontez Miles. He was another one who always loved to chat it up after practice. 

41 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Chris is correct.  Never seen a player spend as much time signing as Jamal

100%

Many years in a row at training camp, my entire family was able to get stuff signed by Jamal. 

One year he went into the Atlantic Health facility, changed, and came back out to the practice field and kept signing. By that time it was like two hours after practice. 

I watched him do that stuff many times. 

Say what you want about his media persona, but we saw “the real” Jamal and he genuinely did care about fans  

• Upvote 1

Aren’t the Texans basically limited to only trading with the Jets?

If the Jets already contacted Houston about Watson, then the Texans know the Jets are more than ready to move on from Sam. Assuming the Texans don’t trade with the Jets, the Jets are highly likely then to draft Wilson. This would leave Houston with only Fields or one of the lower tier prospects to choose from. Assuming they don’t love fields (and it seems most agree Wilson is better) this would be a total disaster for them.

If they want to guarantee their choice of QB, they have to trade with the Jets. I think as we get closer to March and teams fully evaluate Wilson and Fields, Wilson will emerge as the consensus better prospect. Every day that passes, Houston loses leverage with what they can get from the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Creepy texts to a parent about their child?  Well I'll be damned, sounds like Manish got himself a new job after all, as special advisor to Easterby!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

This makes sense but what do you make of the rumors that it was the Texans that let it out that Watson requested a trade. 

I wouldn’t be surprised. They’re trying to chance the perception of the situation and by extension the team. 

Watson wanted to use insensitivity to social injustice, lack of empathy, and incompetence as means to get out of town because they knew those headlines stick and people react to them more in today’s political environment than ever... people don’t read or investigate, they believe headlines, so Deshaun’s reps leaked those things as a means of playing the “victim” card, all the while he just wants out because the team is headed for a rebuild.

Meanwhile, Cal McNair supported the players kneeling, was one of the only owners who went to George Floyd’s funeral, and Cal’s family is heavily invested in fighting systemic racism unlike any other team in sports: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/amp/Bill-O-Brien-will-take-a-knee-with-players-as-15335910.php

Now, team has been hiring prominent black coaches for their new staff left and right, all with great reputations, and Deshaun’s asking for a trade/refusing to speak to them... who looks like the bad guy now?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If this is true put Easterby in a straight jacket but he’s onto something. Deshaun’s reps are blood sucking ticks... toxic, unprofessional, no sense of decorum or respect. They’re beneath him and Deshaun’s just letting it happen... kind of like how Jamal was this “great leader” until the illusion of power was put in his head by his reps.

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

If this is true put Easterby in a straight jacket but he’s onto something. Deshaun’s reps are blood sucking ticks... toxic, unprofessional, no sense of decorum or respect. They’re beneath him and Deshaun’s just letting it happen... kind of like how Jamal was this “great leader” until the illusion of power was put in his head by his reps.

This is the equivalent of a high school Principal calling a parent and telling them their son is getting involved with the wrong crowd.  Easterby knows Deshaun’s mom is very religious and probably played that card when “warning” her about her son’s possible troubles ahead.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I won’t compare Jamal and Watson but I will defend Jamal on one thing:

Going to camp for every open practice since 2009, I don’t think there is anyone in that timeframe that spent more time with the fans taking pictures and signing until the very last possible second. I don’t know what kind of community work he did during his time here, but when it came time to spend time and connect with the fans, he absolutely did that, and did that very well. I think that was a large part of why so many people were attached to him and didn’t want to see him go, myself included. 

I give him a ton of respect for that, but with that said he turned into a little crybaby bitch when things didn’t go his way and although I hated to lose that spark I felt he gave to the team, I’m much happier that he is gone and seeing how the picks we got for him will help build the team back up, whether that means they go towards Watson, or drafting talent. 

Good post, and I for one am more than willing to give the (SEATTLE) picks to Houston along with Sam for Watson. I feel that is a good enough deal to get Watson, and if not so be it... I can live with the other alternative which would be knowing we can trade down for even more draft capitol and a QB around 4-10, while still using our other picks to sure up our other needs, or staying at #2...