DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, just because I’d be willing to give up 5 firsts for Watson if needed doesn’t mean that’s realistic or necessary to get him.

In the end, a trade for Watson would make nearly all of us happy, because I really think the # 2 pick would be the prize for Houston when the dust settles. Not much more than that should be necessary to make it happen.

How do we correlate a 2nd round pick + washed up RB for Hopkins with all this?  Let's not forget that Houston does not value picks as other teams do. 

In the end, Houston probably keeps Watson and saves face. And that brings us back to Darnold vs Wilson. I can see why people prefer the trade down in that scenario.  

Tell me where all the board confidence in Darnold is coming from? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Might be better in the long run for us if the Deshaun trade was after the draft. Would love to be able to go through this draft with our full compliment of picks, and trade future picks for Deshaun after he forces way out in the summer. 

That would be ideal.

I 10000% agree here. That would give us the opportunity to use this draft to build up the team and then use the rest of the ammo to trade for Watson.

I'll use a scenario based on what @football guyhas mentioned: Let's say we trade down to either 7 or 8 with Detroit or Carolina. We would definitely be getting a 2022 1st from them, with a small possibly of a 2023 1st if the bidding war gets that crazy. So after this draft, we'd definitely have 3 1st round picks next year, possibly 2 1st rounders in 2023.

We'd be looking at a total of 4-5 1st rounders over the next 2 years. And I'd give most them up for Watson, if not all. Not only because I think he's worth it. But also the fact that I do not believe that we will be drafting this high next year regardless of the result of the Darnold experiment. Which means we're probably going to have to use those picks anyway to trade up for a QB. So if that's the case, why not use those picks on Watson? If we're going to use 2 of those picks on an unproven rookie QB, why not up the ante and use 4 on an actual proven (Top 5) QB in his prime ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t you feel, though, as though Darnold is emotionally toast? It feels like the team doesn’t believe in him at all, and his personality isn’t all that inspiring. I don’t know how Saleh and Douglas can have any confidence that Sam can repair his standing unless they get him playing like an All-Pro really quickly, which seems unlikely

When a QBs confidence is shot it's apparent. I don't see that with him at this point at all

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

The nightmare scenario is that Darnold is pedestrian but still does win a few games.  It's just not everyday you're in position to draft that high.  I'd much rather draft a top tier rookie than trade for a QB.

Bills went to the playoffs in 2017 and ended up drafting Josh Allen 7th overall. Jets will have 2 first round picks next year, 3 if they trade down, and could even land more draft capital along the way... 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

The nightmare scenario is that Darnold is pedestrian but still does win a few games.  It's just not everyday you're in position to draft that high.  I'd much rather draft a top tier rookie than trade for a QB.

They're not going to do either of those things if Darnold manages a pedestrian season. They're going to extend him for 35 million dollars a year.

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol this was suppose to be the plan last year.

This was never the plan last year...

27 minutes ago, King P said:

I 10000% agree here. That would give us the opportunity to use this draft to build up the team and then use the rest of the ammo to trade for Watson.

I'll use a scenario based on what @football guyhas mentioned: Let's say we trade down to either 7 or 8 with Detroit or Carolina. We would definitely be getting a 2022 1st from them, with a small possibly of a 2023 1st if the bidding war gets that crazy. So after this draft, we'd definitely have 3 1st round picks next year, possibly 2 1st rounders in 2023.

We'd be looking at a total of 4-5 1st rounders over the next 2 years. And I'd give most them up for Watson, if not all. Not only because I think he's worth it. But also the fact that I do not believe that we will be drafting this high next year regardless of the result of the Darnold experiment. Which means we're probably going to have to use those picks anyway to trade up for a QB. So if that's the case, why not use those picks on Watson? If we're going to use 2 of those picks on an unproven rookie QB, why not up the ante and use 4 on an actual proven (Top 5) QB in his prime ??‍♂️

The other things to keep in mind: 

1. You trade down in the draft with say Carolina and you eliminate a potential suitor if by slight chance he became available; 
  2. There's a chance the Jets trade down *twice* (see NE, WAS, CHI, IND), landing them at least 2 additional 1st round picks in the 2022 draft, bringing their total to 4;
  3. If Watson becomes available after the draft, you have tons of capital and a few less teams to compete with; 
  4. If he's not available and by the love of God Darnold fulfills his potential, you have a ton of draft capital to build the roster into a powerhouse; 
  5. If Darnold doesn't thread the needle they can revisit trying to acquire a veteran (maybe Carr), or go for a rookie QB with a beefed up roster 
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Might be better in the long run for us if the Deshaun trade was after the draft. Would love to be able to go through this draft with our full compliment of picks, and trade future picks for Deshaun after he forces way out in the summer. 

That would be ideal.

that would be the worst thing if you want Watson.

the best thing the Jets have to offer is that 2OA. without it all the teams are about the same. 

he gets traded before the draft. Houston is going to want one draft knowing exactly where there picking

1 hour ago, football guy said:

The other things to keep in mind: 

1. You trade down in the draft with say Carolina and you eliminate a potential suitor if by slight chance he became available; 
  2. There's a chance the Jets trade down *twice* (see NE, WAS, CHI, IND), landing them at least 2 additional 1st round picks in the 2022 draft, bringing their total to 4;
  3. If Watson becomes available after the draft, you have tons of capital and a few less teams to compete with; 
  4. If he's not available and by the love of God Darnold fulfills his potential, you have a ton of draft capital to build the roster into a powerhouse; 
  5. If Darnold doesn't thread the needle they can revisit trying to acquire a veteran (maybe Carr), or go for a rookie QB with a beefed up roster 

i really get nervous with these trade down stuff.

i like JD but he hasn't proved to be able to hit on these extra picks. that trade down where we got Mims but could have had Claypool. maybe its cause our QB sucked. i have hopes for Mims, but he misses half the year and disappeared the last few games. 

Davis could be a starter, but Zuniga? its still early but not looking to good for him.

he struck out on all 3 4th rd picks. i thought Johnson and Adams played better than Perine. 

and what if he traded back with Becton. you got to figure he would have moved far enough back to miss out on Becton and Wirfs. the next 2 were Jackson who did not have a good year in Miami and Isaiah Wilson played one game for Tenn. DUI and covid . must be more there to just play one game.

point is JD doesn't seam to do good with these trade downs. be better off to stay where he is an draft the best player he can.

and JD seams to LOVE to trade down. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, football guy said:

When a QBs confidence is shot it's apparent. I don't see that with him at this point at all

I'm not sure I agree with that. If you watch Sam's first season, he was using his progressions, and firing the ball out of his hands, Might not have always been great results, but we watched in awe a few times some of the spectacular throws he was making. Nobody on this forum was giving up on him after his 1st season. In the last 2 seasons under Gase he has gotten worse, and I don't believe he is processing his reads the same way. He never gets the ball out on time, or does he seem to know where to go with it. That's all on Gase and Sam. I believe the game in which he lost his confidence is the NE 0 cover game.

I know everyone is clamoring for Watson, and if a smart deal can be made I'll accept that with open arms, but I still think that Sam has something left in the tank with the proper coaching. I get he had things to fix even back from college, but there was something about him that exuded confidence, and I don't think he has that same huzbah... He needs to light a fire under his A$$ and commit to learning under Lafleur and company, and stay away from Jordan Palmer this offseason. If I were him, I would spend my waking days in the film room and practice fields working on my throwing, and reaction time. He also needs to learn to have a little bit of an edge. He's too SoCal for me... Even Brady while I can't stand him, has an edge to him. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i like JD but he hasn't proved to be able to hit on these extra picks. that trade down where we got Mims but could have had Claypool. maybe its cause our QB sucked. i have hopes for Mims, but he misses half the year and disappeared the last few games. 

Davis could be a starter, but Zuniga? its still early but not looking to good for him.

he struck out on all 3 4th rd picks. i thought Johnson and Adams played better than Perine. 

and what if he traded back with Becton. you got to figure he would have moved far enough back to miss out on Becton and Wirfs. the next 2 were Jackson who did not have a good year in Miami and Isaiah Wilson played one game for Tenn. DUI and covid . must be more there to just play one game.

point is JD doesn't seam to do good with these trade downs. be better off to stay where he is an draft the best player he can.

Just stay at 2 and take

BAABA1D5-B359-4900-A103-E1804B5D7F77.jpeg.d0aa7c4d875ab88be4d1845d56f0253e.jpeg

Jets can draft a qb at 23 to compete with Sam

The “let’s trade 5x first round picks for Watson” stuff is played out

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

JD has had one draft as a GM and you're already convinced he doesn't know how to work the board. I think he has a chance to grow into a great GM here. I know everyone on this board expects instant gratification, but I'm sure you or everyone else with a few exceptions to those completely gifted people as myself (lmao)... that we all had growing pains on our first jobs...

2020 was the most bizarre year in sports period, and I don't take anything seriously about that year. Even 2021 is not going to be much different. Once Covid is in the rear view mirror, then I expect that to change.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

That would be ideal.

This situation is unprecedented. So really its anyone's guess as to whats going to happen. For me personally the chances they hold onto Deshaun and then trade him before the start of the season is ZERO. 

The Texans are a full gut job. They are going to be cutting every bad contract in the coming months. They are going to trade anyone decent for mid round picks and its a full rebuild. They are going to go and trade JJ Watt for a 3rd or 4th. How do you trade JJ Watt and hold onto Deshaun without getting destroyed by media?

So they're going to go into the draft with ZERO first or second rounders. THEN after missing out on all the 2021 draft picks they are going to trade Deshaun for 2022 draft picks that won't actually play for them for a FULL Year? Who does that fanbase have to get excited for to buy tickets or watch in 2021? NFL changes everyyear. Lets say you get Three first from the Panthers. Those three first might all be in the 20's. Zero shot at a QB ever. 

Thats not just a situation that gets planes over head for Caserio's firing. Thats a situation where people want new ownership. Thats something Mcnair is already getting some heat with. That is how bad that outcome would be for the Texans. JMO of course but there is zero chance of this outcome. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

My bad.  We should make multi-high draft pick trades EVERY YEAR!

YOLO!

Draft pick trades are not investing in the team by the way. Every team gets picks the Jets just packaged theirs. It does not affect the salary cap since the dude is on the rookie deal 

7 hours ago, King P said:

Why not just use #2 overall to take a QB?

Trading down this year to get assets so you can trade up next year is just silly.

Take the QB you like the most at #2 and build a team around him.  

Watson is staying in Houston.

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, football guy said:

Yes it was. You Darnold fan boys went into the season with the same idea you’re trying to have now. “Oh let’s just give him another year to see if he’s any good”, the only difference now is that Darnold didn’t have a good 3rd year, it was abysmal, & now there’s a chance he gets scrapped after we give him yet another year to do the same moronic stuff he’s been doing since he stepped foot on a field. I’m tired of wasting entire calendar years on a guy who isn’t going to be any different from what he is now. Darnold is a lost cause. I want to WIN. I don’t want to start a QB who can almost never go 2-3 games without throwing at least 2-3 interceptions. It’s called losing before you actually lose. That’s what that’s called.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So just to review he's using social media to shoot his way off the team 

Jamal Adams part 2

Ya, ya know, just without being a pussy who’s yelling at cowboys fans in public on video “I’m trying to get traded there!”. I also doubt the Jets treated Jamal Adams how Houston has treated Watson.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ya, ya know, just without being a pussy who’s yelling at cowboys fans in public on video “I’m trying to get traded there!”. I also doubt the Jets treated Jamal Adams how Houston has treated Watson.

This is the difference between a player on his rookie deal and a player on the 30 million dollar deal. Adams had to do it himself. Watson just has better representation. That's the only difference. His agents are the type of three initial firm agents that land book deals and commercials for their clients. I don't know who is representing Adams 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Just stay at 2 and take

BAABA1D5-B359-4900-A103-E1804B5D7F77.jpeg.d0aa7c4d875ab88be4d1845d56f0253e.jpeg

Jets can draft a qb at 23 to compete with Sam

The “let’s trade 5x first round picks for Watson” stuff is played out

I keep coming back to this scenario of signing Thuney & Lindsey, moving McGovern to RG, drafting Sewell at 2 & still having #23 & #34! 

Joe Douglas could work his magic with #23 & #34 with trade backs depending on who he has on his draft board. #23- #50 are the sweet spot of NFL drafts if your not an idiot like Macc! 

Plug anyone behind this Oline 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, juxsta said:

Yes and hopefully right into our arms.?

Feels good not to be the leaders of the off season clown show of the league for once.

Watson shooting his way out of Houston is like a person leaving their marriage. There's no guarantee they don't do the exact same thing in New York. In fact it's a pattern of behavior. Contrary to @Sperm Edwards logic of he can't cry wolf twice, Watson absolutely could shoot his way out of New York in 2 years. What's to stop him? His loyalty to the new york area? 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I keep coming back to this scenario of signing Thuney & Lindsey, moving McGovern to RG, drafting Sewell at 2 & still having #23 & #34! 

Joe Douglas could work his magic with #23 & #34 with trade backs depending on who he has on his draft board. #23- #50 are the sweet spot of NFL drafts if your not an idiot like Macc! 

Plug anyone behind this Oline 

If the Jets draft Sewell they don't need thuney or linsley. Playing guard next to the stud tackle is an easy job. Ask pat elflein 

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

How do we correlate a 2nd round pick + washed up RB for Hopkins with all this?  Let's not forget that Houston does not value picks as other teams do. 

In the end, Houston probably keeps Watson and saves face. And that brings us back to Darnold vs Wilson. I can see why people prefer the trade down in that scenario.  

Tell me where all the board confidence in Darnold is coming from? 

its because everyone was so hooked on Lawrence and when the jets lost out on them they moved on to fields.  they saw fields have a couple poor games and thought he sucks, then moved on to wilson, who demolished a poor UCF team and thought he was the next coming.  after all that, people still think that with the new system, darnold is suddenly going to turn into the next aaron rodgers and stop making mind numbing mistakes.

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is the difference between a player on his rookie deal and a player on the 30 million dollar deal. Adams had to do it himself. Watson just has better representation. That's the only difference. His agents are the type of three initial firm agents that land book deals and commercials for their clients. I don't know who is representing Adams 

Problem is Watson asking out of town seems warranted. Adams cry baby hissy fit wasn’t.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

As it stands, Texan would eat 21.6 million (remaining signing bonus). 

The contract otherwise is $10.5, $35, $37, $32, $32 million from 2021 -2025.  

That crunching noise we all just heard was Woody's butt hole tightening 

The highest paid Jets player of all time is cj mosely maybe 16 mil 

They are going pay Watson 35? Gtfo

Believe that when you see it 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If the Jets draft Sewell they don't need thuney or linsley. Playing guard next to the stud tackle is an easy job. Ask pat elflein 

Eiflein sucks! He's a backup. Keep upgrading the Oline with 5 beasts! Teams with weak Dlines will be swallowed up & that Shanahan stretch running offense will work like a charm allowing the QB to work. 

Now if you want to save some dough for defense, scratch Lindsey & draft Josh Myers at #66. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Problem is Watson asking out of town seems warranted. Adams cry baby hissy fit wasn’t.

The Jets promised Adams he'd get a new deal at last year's combine. The jets were lying 

The Texans paid Watson then promised he'd get a voice in the gm hire. The Texans were lying 

If anything Adams had a stronger case. At least Watson got paid. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Eiflein sucks! He's a backup. Keep upgrading the Oline with 5 beasts! Teams with weak Dlines will be swallowed up & that Shanahan stretch running offense will work like a charm allowing the QB to work. 

Now if you want to save some dough for defense, scratch Lindsey & draft Josh Myers at #66. 

He does suck that's the point they don't need studs at guards to play next to the studs at tackle. Cam Clark and Conor McDermott could be the guards and it would be a top 10 line 

Thuney by the way will make more money than Sewell on the rookie deal. Not great value and not really a move for a team this far from contending 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The Jets promised Adams he'd get a new deal at last year's combine. The jets were lying 

The Texans paid Watson then promised he'd get a voice in the gm hire. The Texans were lying 

If anything Adams had a stronger case. At least Watson got paid. 

That is Adams' narrative.  We weren't there.  Don't be so sure that Adams and agent aren't lying.  They've done so many times already.  #gullibleBit

• Upvote 1