Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson?

Mike135

Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer? Russell or Deshaun?

• Russell Wilson
    • Deshaun Watson

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Watson 

He’s 7 years younger and his best football is probably ahead of him.

This would be my reasoning and my only reasoning. He’s a lot younger. You give away that much compensation as a team in our boat because you know that you still have 10+ years of Watson. The Jets probably shouldn’t and wouldn’t trade the same amount of compensation for a guy who’s career will be over in 5-6 years or so.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Remove all other options.  No Sam, rookies or other vets in the scenario. 

For arguments sake, Jets give up the 2nd overall this year and two other 1st rounders.

Who would you prefer under Center for the Jets?

At that price neither.

Most I'm giving up for Watson is #2, & #86

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

At that price neither.

Most I'm giving up for Watson is #2, & #86

Well damn, considering all other QBs are out in this scenario, now we don't have a QB in 2021.

Ok fine, say we only give up #2 overall for either Russell or Deshaun. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well damn, considering all other QBs are out in this scenario, now we don't have a QB in 2021.

Ok fine, say we only give up #2 overall for either Russell or Deshaun. 

There is no scenario that  the Jets don't have a QB option at #2 if they don't trade #2 away.

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Watson by a mile if the price is the same. If we’re taking 4 1s for Watson and 2 for Wilson though, it’s a tougher decision 

Exactly. All things being equal, you go for Watson 100% of the time as he's a lot younger.

But if Wilson comes at half the price of Watson, it's much more difficult. 

Either one would be massive upgrades for the Jets.

40 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Watson 

He’s 7 years younger and his best football is probably ahead of him.

I voted Watson and popped into the thread to say this ^^^ 

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This would be my reasoning and my only reasoning. He’s a lot younger. You give away that much compensation as a team in our boat because you know that you still have 10+ years of Watson. The Jets probably shouldn’t and wouldn’t trade the same amount of compensation for a guy who’s career will be over in 5-6 years or so.

and this ^^^

Now, I don't have to say anything.  Thank you.

23 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Exactly. All things being equal, you go for Watson 100% of the time as he's a lot younger.

But if Wilson comes at half the price of Watson, it's much more difficult. 

Either one would be massive upgrades for the Jets.

That’s the only reason to go for Wilson. The Seahawks realized that they ruined their franchise by trading for bitch Jamal Adams. They would probably consider rebuilding and trading Wilson to the Jets specifically because they need their own picks back for when they suck/tank. No other picks in the NFL can do that. Plus, rebuilding and a regime change gets them out of overpaying for a pussy box safety that’s terrible in coverage. Literally just send back what they gave for Jamal and then we proceed to laughing our asses off. 

• Upvote 2

I  would take Wilson as he's cheaper in compensation and is a proven difference maker. Plus Seattle would value getting their 1st rounder back more so then any team we can trade it off to. We wouldn't have to invest too much in veteran WRs with Wilson. He's someone who can truely get by with above average receivers and possibly even take their play to the next level. 

The guy is 98-45-1 and I see him having 3-4 more runs in his attempt to carry a team to the SB. If I'm a GM with 4 years left on my contract I'll select Wilson all the way. As a fan of course I'm fantasizing having a younger QB for the next 10 years or so. But for me Watson doesn't seems like the QB that'll lead us any where based on his first 4 years.

Edit: Read the title and poll but not the OP.

"For arguments sake, Jets give up the 2nd overall this year and two other 1st rounders."I'll have to take Watson but truely wouldn't be happy with giving up the 2nd overall for either.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

It would appear to me that Watson is a better fit for the offense that Saleh wants to run.

Schneider of the Seahawks is overrated.  It will be hard for him to recover from the Adams trade.   The Richardson trade was not great for him either.  

SEA hasn't been the same since they lost that Maccagnan guy a few years back.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Serveral reasons:

1. I believe he is the best QB in the draft

2. Of the QBs in the draft I think he is best fit for our new offense

3. He would be on a rookie contract

4. Usually a HC wants "his guy". Selecting QB at #2 gives him that choice

5. It maintains quite a bit of draft equity to build around Wilson and no big cap hit in 2022

6. I do not think we would be competitive if trading for Watson because we give up so much draft captial, and huge opportunity cost in 2022

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Serveral reasons:

1. I believe he is the best QB in the draft

2. Of the QBs in the draft I think he is best fit for our new offense

3. He would be on a rookie contract

4. Usually a HC wants "his guy". Selecting QB at #2 gives him that choice

5. It maintains quite a bit of draft equity to build around Wilson and no big cap hit in 2022

6. I do not think we would be competitive if trading for Watson because we give up so much draft captial, and huge opportunity cost in 2022

Over Watson?

LOL