Eric Decker vs Corey Davis-Who is/was better?

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

Seem to be similar receivers.  Davis has higher upside. Decker was great for us with a true #1 next to him in Brandon Marshall. Can Davis be the man or is a Robin like Decker always was?  Davis potential depends a lot on Mims’ development if we stay put at WR

i don't know if i'd call mashall a true no. 1 guy.  very good to be sure but what worked was when both decker and marshall were on the field together.  both of those guys had the talent to get the ball.  and the next season, without decker, marshall didn't do so well.

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

So you'd think a WR taken 5th in the draft just a few years ago would be highly valued by the team that drafted him instead of letting him go and getting nothing more than a comp pick (maybe). 

JD 'El Cheapo' strikes again.

He’s better then any receiver the Patriots signed. 

• Upvote 1

Corey Davis is better the Decker in every aspect of football besides production.  This guy was a top 5 picks because his athletic traits are off the charts.

He has the ability to be twice the receiver decker was.  Has that translated to production on the field yet?  No.

I think Davis still has the potential to live up to his draft billing.  Ryan Tannehill and Marcus Mariotta are not peyton manning and aaron rodgers.  Lets see how he looks in a jet uni the next few years.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Pretty similar free agent Jet acquisitions. I really enjoyed watching Decker play (epitome of a professional receiver). His career fell off a cliff after he got hurt in 2016 but he was money in 2014 and especially 2015 as the Robin to Brandon Marshall. 

Would say Davis is more like Thomas then Decker. More of a deep threat, better with contested catches more physical. Decker at this point in his career was more proven Davis has more upside.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Corey Davis is better the Decker in every aspect of football besides production.  This guy was a top 5 picks because his athletic traits are off the charts.

He has the ability to be twice the receiver decker was.  Has that translated to production on the field yet?  No.

I think Davis still has the potential to live up to his draft billing.  Ryan Tannehill and Marcus Mariotta are not peyton manning and aaron rodgers.  Lets see how he looks in a jet uni the next few years.

Well that’s a pretty key aspect wouldn’t you say?

i really like the Corey Davis signing fwiw