The annual Who do you NOT want to draft thread....

Beerfish

On 4/15/2021 at 12:25 AM, Paradis said:

kidding. 

Seriously, a lot of people though

Dyami Brown

Kadarius Toney anywhere before round 3, preferably day 3

Jaycee Horn

Brevin Jordan

80% of RB class

Any IOL with a heavy injury history - like Landon Dickerson i believe.

a no to jaycee horn?! youre concerning me this year. 

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not a Wade fan either but I've heard two things about him recently that make me think a team taking him late on Day 3 could get good value.  1.) He played with a foot injury (turf toe) most of the year that made him look slow and in some cases, just not interested from an effort standpoint  2.) He should play Safety and not CB in the NFL.

Not saying we should take him, even in a late round, but those were just two things I've been hearing.  Apparently he was finally healthy enough to fun at the second Pro Day and ran a 4.4 40-yard.

To be honest, I'm just basing this off the championship game where he was toasted constantly.  

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Theres nothing on his tape that says first rounder besides playing for usc

I think that's really underselling him.  Sure, his positional flexibility helps him a lot but some people say, "well, he's not the best OT, he may not be the best OG, but he's very, very good and both those spots."  That's really the only criticism I've heard about him but I actually see that as a strength.  If he's there at 23 I'm grabbing him in a second.  I'd start him at OG and then probably try to move him to OT next year.

There are even rumors he's in consideration at #12 with the Eagles as recently as yesterday.

484445039_ScreenShot2021-04-16at9_23_07AM.png.cefb2f646e02d4aaf1e851a2cf51483a.png

The Eagles left some fans baffled with the decision to trade down from No. 6 overall in the draft to the 12th pick, while also picking up an extra first-round pick in 2022.

Part of the reasoning was the idea that star LSU wide receiver, Ja’Marr Chase would be gone by the time the Bengals selected at No. 5 overall.

With that reasoning, general manager Howie Roseman could choose to utilize the next two drafts and build the Eagles from the inside out.

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated hints at that idea and believes that the offensive line could definitely be in play two weeks from tonight.

GM Howie Roseman needs a strong couple of drafts the next couple of years, and if you look at his team-building philosophy, you’ll find a consistent, deep investment in the lines of scrimmage. Now, look at what the Eagles have upfront. On offense, Jason Kelce is 33, Brandon Brooks is 31, Lane Johnson is 30 and Andre Dillard still needs to prove himself as the designated left tackle of the future. On defense, Brandon Graham is 33 and Fletcher Cox is 30.

If Roseman is using this draft and the next (he’ll have four picks in the first two rounds and probably three first-rounders in 2022) to turn the page and get younger, his history tells me the lines of scrimmage will get a hard look somewhere on draft day. I think the dream for the Eagles would be to have Kyle Pitts slip to No. 12 (not happening). Absent that, I don’t think you should ignore the possibility of them drafting guys like Rashawn Slater and Alijah Vera-Tucker.

Slater has already made it clear that he’d be open to moving to guard and the 2020 opt-out is agile, plays with power, all while taking away his opponent’s best weapon at the point of contact.

Vera-Tucker opted back into the 2020 season and moved to left tackle, earning a first-round grade for the Trojans. A powerful, versatile athlete, the former USC star could be an option as the Eagles begin a rebuild.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I think that's really underselling him.  Sure, his positional flexibility helps him a lot but some people say, "well, he's not the best OT, he may not be the best OG, but he's very, very good and both those spots."  That's really the only criticism I've heard about him but I actually see that as a strength.  If he's there at 23 I'm grabbing him in a second.  I'd start him at OG and then probably try to move him to OT next year.

There are even rumors he's in consideration at #12 with the Eagles as recently as yesterday.

I don't care about media hype, they are even saying that Kadarious Toney is going ahead of Devonta Smith.

I don't see it on him, theres nothing on tape that pops out, his grades are not good, his physical profile is not great. 

As I said before he looks like the can be a average G in the league and nothing more, is that worth a first round pick? 

Theres at least 3 others G or T that I would take before him in that range.

41 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I don't care about media hype, they are even saying that Kadarious Toney is going ahead of Devonta Smith.

I don't see it on him, theres nothing on tape that pops out, his grades are not good, his physical profile is not great. 

As I said before he looks like the can be a average G in the league and nothing more, is that worth a first round pick? 

Theres at least 3 others G or T that I would take before him in that range.

Which ones?

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Teven Jenkins, Dillon Radunz, Liam Eichenberg, Spencer Brown, Creed Humphrey etc...

I'll throw you a sleeper in there Kendrick Green from Illinois from a value stand point i like him way  better than AVT on the first. 

Do you think all of those guys are worthy of being taken in the Top 34?

Ronnie Perkins. 

Seems like theres a decent chance he's the pick at 34 and I just don't see the upside. I know he has a motor and a few moves but thats essentially a first round pick and you really want upside there. 

Some of you other guys have said the whole edge class and I kind of agree. We have a bunch of 1 yr guys for this year on the line. I'd absolutely love taking Elerson Smith in Rd 3 and just rotating him this year until he ready for a bigger role next year. 

Douglas had high RAS guys early last year then went for Captains late. I kinda love that. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I dont mind AVT, but only as a LG. His tape at tackle reminds me of Edoga. I just dont see him as a tackle at all. At 23 give me someone who can play OG immediately but possibly take over for Fant next year: Cosmi/Jenkins. 

On 4/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, Dinamite said:

Do not want any Defensive Tackles in the first 4 or 5 rounds.  Jets are stacked at this position and lacking in all others.  

We are prob losing Foley and Franklin Meyers this year. I mean I hope we don't but they are going to reach Free Agency and most guys that do switch teams. 

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

We are prob losing Foley and Franklin Meyers this year. I mean I hope we don't but they are going to reach Free Agency and most guys that do switch teams. 

You are right and I agree they may be planning for the future, but at some point the Jets have to switch to actually paying their own players and having continuity in some areas.   Foley/JFM may not be that expensive and provide other intangibles too.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:05 AM, Chrebetfan80 said:

a no to jaycee horn?! youre concerning me this year. 

ikr? lol... ok that was maybe a little off-center. I seen some stuff recently with Horn getting smoked by speed and just threw that out there.... I watched a couple games last night, and i retract that.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Ronnie Perkins. 

Seems like theres a decent chance he's the pick at 34 and I just don't see the upside. I know he has a motor and a few moves but thats essentially a first round pick and you really want upside there. 

Some of you other guys have said the whole edge class and I kind of agree. We have a bunch of 1 yr guys for this year on the line. I'd absolutely love taking Elerson Smith in Rd 3 and just rotating him this year until he ready for a bigger role next year. 

Douglas had high RAS guys early last year then went for Captains late. I kinda love that. 

I haven't made time this to do anything but fight over QBs and the usual skill players (WR/RB etc).... All i know is his highlights per game are gorgeous... but I thought Jarvis Jones was the truth. I'd like to hear someone tell me why they're different. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I haven't made time this to do anything but fight over QBs and the usual skill players (WR/RB etc).... All i know is his highlights per game are gorgeous... but I thought Jarvis Jones was the truth. I'd like to hear someone tell me why they're different. 

Random Thought here now that you mention it

The Draft talk has been so utterly dominated by QB(Wilson vs Fields) its almost like 1.23 and 2.4 are trash although they are great picks. 

With Perkins I certainly could be wrong. Just worried when he comes to the NFL the tackles he will be facing will be bigger, stronger and more athletic than him. Where does he win ?  Love that motor but how far will it get him?

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

Agree about Perkins.  Edge is one position group where I think the testing metrics matter the most.  We’ve seen where the successful players at the position almost always have great testing metrics.  Perkins has some nice tape but the lack of elite athleticism should be a worry, especially because he relied on his speed and quickness to win in college.   He’s not going to bull rush any NFL OTs,  I’d be disappointed to see him taken with one of the Jets first 4 picks.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Man I thought Jones was a slug and small. Georgia must do something schematically. Didn’t they have another guy too? Board was all over both and I was firmly against either. Thank goodness the Jets didn’t take those guys. Ojulari looks a little more twitchy but he’s really small too.

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

ikr? lol... ok that was maybe a little off-center. I seen some stuff recently with Horn getting smoked by speed and just threw that out there.... I watched a couple games last night, and i retract that.

I was gonna say, we'd be far off because i think he may be the best CB in this draft lol 

• Upvote 1

I’ve been all over the map with this kid from “who?” To “let’s goooooo” but now it’s “nope”

If Zach Wilson gets to sit for a year, develop his body, learn the offense, so he can get rid of the ball quickly he could be good. 

putting a kid who isn’t too fast to hit or too big to hurt out there as a rookie with 1 good year of production in an offense the whole team is learning isn’t a great plan imho

Gocougs Byufootball GIF by BYU Cougars

• Upvote 2

Not so much a don't draft him, but Milton Williams is shooting up every mock I'm seeing and it's 100% cause he tested out as an athletic freak than his football playing ability to me. Granted, seems like he played out-of-position. Could be a star, but someone taking him round 3 or something seems risky to me with what else should be available in that round.