The annual Who do you NOT want to draft thread....

Beerfish

In the McCagnan era it was almost guaranteed the horror of this thread would be repeated in who the jets actually  draft.  Hopefully it changes.

The thread is not so much not wanting the Jets to take a guy because he flat out sucks but guys that do not fit or you feel are overrated etc.

Pick a few players you do not want on the jets after the draft.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

kidding. 

Seriously, a lot of people though

Dyami Brown

Kadarius Toney anywhere before round 3, preferably day 3

Jaycee Horn

Brevin Jordan

80% of RB class

Any IOL with a heavy injury history - like Landon Dickerson i believe.

The boys on path to draft are actually now saying Dyami bown might sneak into the 1st round and all have been bullish n toney all through this.

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The boys on path to draft are actually now saying Dyami bown might sneak into the 1st round and all have been bullish n toney all through this.

I’m not surprised Dyami has fans. His footwork and finesse is indeed savvy - he just has major issues catching the ball. I hope for his sake I’m wrong, but I think you’ll see that play out sooner than later. 

toney... I dunno. It only takes one, but remember Hakeem Butler. Everyone of that ilk thought he was WR1. 

round 4 he went to Arz

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

kidding. 

Seriously, a lot of people though

Dyami Brown

Kadarius Toney anywhere before round 3, preferably day 3

Jaycee Horn

Brevin Jordan

80% of RB class

Any IOL with a heavy injury history - like Landon Dickerson i believe.

Horn i’m surprised to hear about. What don’t you like? 

Also curious on how you feel about Kelvin Joseph and Paulson Adebo. I feel they are potential targets for us and I personally feel like there is some significant dropoff after the first like 9 or 10 corners. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach wilson 

Not kidding 

Him and any edge rusher honestly. Joe Douglas has done a few things well but seems no better than anyone else who has been here picking an edge rusher. Zuniga’s uniform seem to stay “Gholston clean” in the limited time we saw him. Like to see what Saleh can do with Zuniga and maybe pick up a cast off or cap causality that might flourish in this system. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

A few years ago, we had a run where for something like 4 or 5 years the first name mentioned in the "do not draft" thread is a guy we wound up with.  Geno, Hack, Pryor, Leo, even Sam might have all been the first guy up in prior year threads.  Which means that this year we are very likely to draft:

That would not be good.

image.gif.1a73539f99312a18e7e299bd750f5e7a.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, jvill 51 said:

Shaun Wade

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This times a million.  

Not a Wade fan either but I've heard two things about him recently that make me think a team taking him late on Day 3 could get good value.  1.) He played with a foot injury (turf toe) most of the year that made him look slow and in some cases, just not interested from an effort standpoint  2.) He should play Safety and not CB in the NFL.

Not saying we should take him, even in a late round, but those were just two things I've been hearing.  Apparently he was finally healthy enough to fun at the second Pro Day and ran a 4.4 40-yard.

Fields obviously, but it seems unlikely anyway.

I don't think Rashod Bateman is all he's been hyped up as. I don't want any defensive player at 23 but I'm particularly wary of Gregory Gregory Rousseau. I think his stats make him look better than he is. So many of his sacks came from non-existent blocking. 

I don't really want a running back early but I especially don't want Najee Harris. Not sure his game translates to the NFL at all, as a runner at least. 

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Fields obviously, but it seems unlikely anyway.

I don't think Rashod Bateman is all he's been hyped up as. I don't want any defensive player at 23 but I'm particularly wary of Gregory Gregory Rousseau. I think his stats make him look better than he is. So many of his sacks came from non-existent blocking. 

I don't really want a running back early but I especially don't want Najee Harris. Not sure his game translates to the NFL at all, as a runner at least. 

Bateman was very productive with a horrible qb