A weird draft narrative I am seeing

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is possibly the 4th time someone has started or posited this same inane thread/concept.

NFL front offices do not get duped by other front offices into taking a player they do not want because they think someone else smarter than them wants that player.

I'm going to goggle "how to induce a coma until next thursday night".  

Didn’t Belichick mind trick us into taking Gholston? 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Is that somehow the 49ers are going to outsmart the Jets, use mind games and get who they want and the Jets will fall for it.  I know our reputation ain’t the best but isn’t this going a little overboard on stupidity? 

Yes Alex it certainly is. Good eye. 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Lol no.  Was a 5 player draft and we were at 6.  Ohio St v Michigan tricked us.

Although I've heard the same BS that Beli mind-tricked us into taking Morgan which is equally as inane.  

LOL I remember a narrative being pushed that Bill was in love with Gholston and would’ve taken him. I think they picked like 2 picks after us 

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

NFL front offices do not get duped by other front offices into taking a player they do not want because they think someone else smarter than them wants that player.

Terry Bradway got baited into trading up for Dewayne Robertson because he thought the Patriots were in love with him

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

LOL I remember a narrative being pushed that Bill was in love with Gholston and would’ve taken him. I think they picked like 2 picks after us 

Nope 10th.  But it's still such a silly narrative.  We took him because we were in no man's land at pick 6, needed an edge rusher and he had a massive game aginast Michigan.  3 sacks against whomever their superstar tackle was.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Is that somehow the 49ers are going to outsmart the Jets, use mind games and get who they want and the Jets will fall for it.  I know our reputation ain’t the best but isn’t this going a little overboard on stupidity? 

This is a billion dollar business.  You think the Jets wanted Wilson but because they heard the niners like Mac jones they are now going to take jones?

Nobody is pushing that narrative.  Thats a narrative an insecure jet fan is creating.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Nope 10th.  But it's still such a silly narrative.  We took him because we were in no man's land at pick 6, needed an edge rusher and he had a massive game aginast Michigan.  3 sacks against whomever their superstar tackle was.  

Jake Long.

That year was the epitome of jets late season meaningless wins thta pushed us to 6 when we could have gotten matt ryan

• Upvote 1

The 49ers will absolutely be asked if the guy they draft at #3 was ranked above the guy we draft at #2 on their board.  In all likelihood they will duck that question.  And somehow it will still turn into a waste of airtime on the sports radio stations for a few days after the draft.

My advice...wrap yourself up in the cloak of "I don't give a ****".  It's very comfortable this time of year.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is a billion dollar business.  You think the Jets wanted Wilson but because they heard the niners like Mac jones they are now going to take jones?

Nobody is pushing that narrative.  Thats a narrative an insecure jet fan is creating.

It's worse than insecure.

It's ludicrous.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

The Jets were maneuvered into winning two games and losing out on Trevor Lawrence, so I would not be surprised if the 49ers make fools of the Jets brass as well.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

lol

And James Morgan who some people seemed to indicate the Jets only took because the patriots wanted him.

James Morgan is going to be our Pat Ryan.  Hes is going to be a great backup who can win games in a pinch if we need him.  Great pick by Joe Douglas.  Backup qb is very important and he addressed it right away.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets and Niners are friends.  Saleh and LaFleur owe their careers to Shanahan. The Jets disclosed their pick to the Niners before they traded up.  

SAR I

thats exactly what happened. 

this makes me wonder since everyone says SF loves Wilson if hes not really our pick. we pick someone else and Wilson goes to the 49ers.

and with one team ahead of us, Jax will not be trading there pick. so no one can jump ahead and take our guy. so theres no harm in letting SF know who were picking.

When they lock their draft board the night before the draft that's it.  And your not going to change their opinions on their top guys inside 10 days of the draft.  It's not going to happen.  Unless this a time travel movie where somebody comes from the future to stop us from taking Zach Wilson.

You've always dreamed about owning an Aston Martin ever since you've seen Dr No.
 Since you been poor all your life this is always been a pipe dream. But then one day you win the lottery and a luxury car dealership tells   You can pick from an Aston Martin DB9, or A Mustang Shelby G T3 50. Your best friend walks in and tells you hes taking the Mustang G T3 50... Do you change your mind on the Aston Martin?

76352c64314827276350a951cf6826d2.jpg

Edited by Dunnie
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is a billion dollar business yes 

It pays the same win or lose 

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This is possibly the 4th time someone has started or posited this same inane thread/concept.

I'm going to goggle "how to induce a coma until next thursday night".  

what was the name of the QB we took in the 4th round last year?

i recall hearing rumors of smart front office guys wanting him

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

You've always dreamed about owning an Aston Martin ever since you've seen Dr No.
 Since you been poor all your life this is always been a pipe dream. But then one day you win the lottery and a luxury car dealership tells   You can pick from an Aston Martin DB9, or A Mustang Shelby G T3 50. Your best friend walks in and tells you hes taking the Mustang G T3 50... Do you change your mind on the Aston Martin?

You buy a Porsche 911 because the DB9 without the ejector seat will never measure up to the Aston Martin in Dr. No. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

There was no Aston Martin in Dr. No. The DB5 didn't show up until Goldfinger.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1