Zach Wilson smells like trouble, let's stop nitpicking Trevor Lawrence ; Colin | NFL | THE HERD... Colin Herd CRAPS on Zach... 

A giant douche walks into the supermarket and says tofu burgers are way better than the Porter House steaks.... 1. Do you care? 2. Do you still buy the Porterhouse?. 3. Do you punch the guy in the face? 4. Do you buy the tofu burger ??

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah but what about Ryan Khalil? 

Hmmmmm?

JD extended Ryan griffin instead of robby Anderson 

Ryan. Griffin. 

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

Reading this forum, half the time feels like I accidentally stumbled into bearsratetwinks.com

Welcome to the world of nfl scouting 

Always has been 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, doitny said:

running the ball like that will demoralize this team. so were just going to throw away games? you think the team will be fine with that?

that would be like tanking.

I’m not saying run it 80% of the time or anything insane like that. I’d just initially start very run heavy until the team gels and the game slows down a bit for him. 60-40 ratio of run pass with a ball control offense and max protection for QB. 

• Upvote 2

This is why comps are stupid. They just are. especially when you are talking about HOF players like Rodgers and Mahomes or complete disasters like Johnny Manziel.  

It could simply be that Zach Wilson ends up being like Zach Wilson and like no other QB in the NFL. For better or worse. He doesn't really remind me that much of Mahomes or Rodgers. He has some similar traits but in general these comparisons are silly.   

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He started as a freshman with teammates that were 26 years old with one wife and 4 kids or 4 wives and 1 kid. 

He can play this year. 

The Jets are still an effing mess. Let some backup take a beating while LaFleur and Saleh figure who they are as coaches in the NFL. Not to mention, let the Oline and receievers figure things out.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Barton said:

The Jets are still an effing mess. Let some backup take a beating while LaFleur and Saleh figure who they are as coaches in the NFL. Not to mention, let the Oline and receievers figure things out.

Wilson is going to start week 1.  

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Did we really see how that has worked out with the 23 year old Sam Darnold?  Really?

For sure? No, but the reality that you Darnold guys miss is that 38 starts is a fairly large sample size with which to judge an NFL QB. Darnold is tricky because of his age, but through 38 games, he has consistently exhibited some major flaws, and at this point, you also have to worry about his confidence. 

I definitely think he can and will improve but it's extremely unlikely he will ever become what we had hoped he would become. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jamal Adams trade cannot be accurately evaluated until we see what these picks turn out to be 

People thought trading Leonard Williams was a great move yet ashtyn davis sucks and Leonard Williams had 12 sacks last year 

Trading assets for draft picks is not hard. What's hard is hitting on the picks after 

Guy in contract year compared to a rookie in a weird shortened pre-season year?  Sounds legit Bit! 

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

His views shots threw the roof the last time he attacked Wilson.

It's good for rating because Jet fans are eating up the Wilson hate.

Very sad.

Playing devil's advocate, he is talking stats and facts. No reason to criticize the truth!

My Zach Wilson scouting report:

Pros:

Elite arm talent
Top end arm strength 
Laser beam accuracy 
Lightening quick release
Can make throws to every spot on the field without setting base
Uncanny off platform throws 
Can read defenses pre and post snap
Moves DBs with his eyes
Looks to throw before running
Eyes always downfield 
Very athletic 
Opportunistic runner
Deceptively fast
Tough
6-2 1/2 215 with frame to add 10-15 pounds easily 
Above average QB hand size 
Does not shy away from pressure 
Threw to inferior talent 
Massive college production 
Gym rat
Chip on his shoulder 

Cons:

Played inferior competition 
Foofy hair 
Surgery on all three of his shoulders 
Girlish figure
Offensive line included 5 Outland Trophy finalists 
Headband 
Apparent physical talents completely manufactured by Agents and PR team
Heel clicks 
Wasn’t a Captain until he was a captain 
Does not wear shoulder pads whilst eating burritos 
WR corp on par with Alabama and OSU
Tiny hands 
Prefers nerf footballs 
Only 10 pounds heavier than Trevor Lawrence 
Most of his passes will be intercepted by NFL DBs
Way too hyped by media 
If you squint similar in size to Devonta Freeman
Filthy rich family, likely not dedicated to football 
Makes sure foofy hair is foofy for Zoom calls 
Probably a virgin 
One year wonder similar to Joe Burrow
Hawaiian 
Playing in front of 64,000 crazed Mormons not equal to NJ fan base 
Chipotle on his shoulder (surgically repaired one)

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:
My Zach Wilson scouting report:

Pros:

Elite arm talent
Top end arm strength 
Laser beam accuracy 
Lightening quick release
Can make throws to every spot on the field without setting base
Uncanny off platform throws 
Can read defenses pre and post snap
Moves DBs with his eyes
Looks to throw before running
Eyes always downfield 
Very athletic 
Opportunistic runner
Deceptively fast
Tough
6-2 1/2 215 with frame to add 10-15 pounds easily 
Above average QB hand size 
Does not shy away from pressure 
Threw to inferior talent 
Massive college production 
Gym rat
Chip on his shoulder 

Cons:

Played inferior competition 
Foofy hair 
Surgery on all three of his shoulders 
Girlish figure
Offensive line included 5 Outland Trophy finalists 
Headband 
Apparent physical talents completely manufactured by Agents and PR team
Heel clicks 
Wasn’t a Captain until he was a captain 
Does not wear shoulder pads whilst eating burritos 
WR corp on par with Alabama and OSU
Tiny hands 
Prefers nerf footballs 
Only 10 pounds heavier than Trevor Lawrence 
Most of his passes will be intercepted by NFL DBs
Way too hyped by media 
If you squint similar in size to Devonta Freeman
Filthy rich family, likely not dedicated to football 
Makes sure foofy hair is foofy for Zoom calls 
Probably a virgin 
One year wonder similar to Joe Burrow
Hawaiian 
Playing in front of 64,000 crazed Mormons not equal to NJ fan base 
Chipotle on his shoulder (surgically repaired one)

That’s Damn Good! 

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Its not just cowherd.....Its not disputable Zach has literally played no one of signifigence 

We are rolling on his arm and raw talent. That's the gamble...

I have the same concern about Wilson but the last couple QBs be drafted played against plenty of top tier competition and didn't work out for us so... ??‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, redlichtie said:

I disagree that he’s not physically ready to survive in the league, 6-2 215 is plenty sturdy enough to play QB in the NFL(he’s a whole 1lb heavier than Lawrence who’s a stick insect out there) where I do agree is there is zero harm in sitting him to begin with and building a cohesive unit around him first. There’s a reason Mahomes hit the ground running the way he did and it wasn’t just his talent, the situation was perfect for him.

Bridgewater would make a ton of sense here, wonder if Carolina parts with him post draft depending on how things shake out?. His contract seems to make him staying with the Panthers the overriding likelihood but we have the cap to take it on and perhaps the Panthers accept a favourable trade.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Devonta Smith weighed in at 166 during the medical follow ups in Indy this week, and some team is going to use a high draft pick to send him over the middle of the field against NFL LBs  ? 

Lol

3 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I heard on the radio yesterday that Devonta Smith weighed in at 166 during the medical follow ups in Indy this week, and some team is going to use a high draft pick to send him over the middle of the field against NFL LBs  ? 

Lol

He needs to meet Zach’s shoulder surgeon. 

31 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Playing devil's advocate, he is talking stats and facts. No reason to criticize the truth!

Cherry picking stats and facts isn't a fair assessment. 

The obvious giveaway that he was full of sh*t - he left out that he beat USC and Tenn.

Since when has "10 Win teams" been a stat?  I've certainly never heard it. It seems to me he started with a point he wanted to prove and went and found a stat to justify it.

Particularly this past Covid year, I would ask the question how many teams did he beat that even played 10 games? I don't have the time to do the research right now but I suspect very few.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The obvious giveaway that he was full of sh*t - he left out that he beat USC and Tenn.

Since when has "10 Win teams" been a stat?  I've certainly never heard it. It seems to me he started with a point he wanted to prove and went and found a stat to justify it.

Particularly this past Covid year, I would ask the question how many teams did he beat that even played 10 games? I don't have the time to do the research right now but I suspect very few.

Usc or Tennessee didn't win 10 games in 2019. But 10 wins  Is not a way of proving if you are playing a good team according to you?

3 of BYU opponents in 2020 did not play 10 games.

Only one of BYU opponents in 2020 had a record of 10

Usc or Tennessee didn't win 10 games in 2019. But 10 wins  Is not a way of proving if you are playing a good team according to you?

3 of BYU opponents in 2020 did not play 10 games.

Only one of BYU opponents in 2020 had a record of 10 wins or more, can you guess who it was? I'll give you a clue, Zack Wilson had no first downs on 10 attempts from 3rd down.....

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Usc or Tennessee didn't win 10 games in 2019. But 10 wins  Is not a way of proving if you are playing a good team according to you

3 of BYU opponents in 2020 did not play 10 games. Save you looking that up.

Only one of BYU opponents in 2020 had a record of 10 wins or more, can you guess who it was? I'll give you a clue, Zack Wilson had no first downs on 10 attempts from 3rd down.....

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So you’re still ignoring the overwhelming majority of great moves by cherry-picking 3-4 possibly bad and unrelated ones. 

Check. 

He's made one great move Becton and a bunch of questions 

"overwhelming majority of great moves" please don't hesitate to provide examples 

Jeff Smith?