Zach Wilson smells like trouble, let's stop nitpicking Trevor Lawrence ; Colin | NFL | THE HERD... Colin Herd CRAPS on Zach... 

14 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You’re arguing about things that haven’t happened and not only that, if the dude is killing it in practice, why would you sit him? To give you the ease of mind? 

It's all a hypothetical at the end of the day.

He'll either be developed enough to start day 1, or he wont. The key here is that the staff doesnt force him into either role. 

Would very much love to bring in competition and have him go out and win the job. I see the benefits in sitting him, but also if he plays well and legitimately wins the job on his own then I'd be happy to see him opening day. However I dont want to see the sham Darnold QB competition where he was given the job on merit of just being good enough and never showed that he truly eclipsed Teddy and McCown.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You’d think both Saleh and Douglas would sit Wilson as a hedge to buy some time for themselves to pull the roster together. If they’re infatuated with his skill set, cool, they have him on the roster. But they can’t look at him physically or look at his level of competition and feel like they have to run him out there on Day One for any reason. It’d be malfeasance. 

If they don't do much about the OL in the draft, I would agree with you.  But if they pick up a stud or two, I wouldn't wait.  Virtually nobody waits anymore due to the reality of the rookie contract.  And as long as he's not in physical danger, I don't think we should wait either.  Besides, who are they going to play instead?

49 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

as an elder Emo, he was likely referring to the Saves the Day era Emo kid, not the From First to Last era. Both of these bands can be considered Emo, but clearly different eras of the genre.

I’m not aware of the emo stratification. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Exactly. He didn't work out at all. He only did drills. We don't have a 40, a 3 cone, vert, broad... nothing... Because he was bulking dirty for the scale 

That hamstring story was exactly that a story 

I know you don't like his face, think his family has too much money and that he will be hurt due to being too small, but are you seriously suggesting that he doesn't move well enough?  Or that he's not quick enough?  Because that would contradict the tape even more than your usual attacks.

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Every time I hear this moron talk I just feel bad for us as a society.  He makes literally MILLIONS of dollars simply because the general public cant understand the difference between actual intelligent journalism and someone just spouting nonsense. 

His opinion on Zach Wilson or any other college player holds no more water then if I walked into my towns bagel store and asked the counter girl what she thought.

Stephen A Smith for basketball as well.

Honestly, 99% of what ESPN produces as a company. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I know you don't like his face, think his family has too much money and that he will be hurt due to being too small, but are you seriously suggesting that he doesn't move well enough?  Or that he's not quick enough?  Because that would contradict the tape even more than your usual attacks.

That movement you see on tape has been CGI-ed by his PR team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

What I'm saying is that it's 2 overall show me the receipts 

He's probably a 4.8 player which is like decent but not amazing for his height 

In general I don't like it when players don't work out. Everyone else runs and with this pick everyone is being very casual with wilsons physical attributes 

It's almost like we don't want to look too close 

22 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If they don't do much about the OL in the draft, I would agree with you.  But if they pick up a stud or two, I wouldn't wait.  Virtually nobody waits anymore due to the reality of the rookie contract.  And as long as he's not in physical danger, I don't think we should wait either.  Besides, who are they going to play instead?

OL’s take time to figure it out, even when it’s a pack of veterans. If they do draft OL at 23, there’s no harm in letting that group gel with a vet QB taking the snaps early on. Wilson’s biggest strength is allegedly his off-script/off-platform stuff, and I’d imagine it’d be harder for a new OL to learn the business in front of a guy who’s going to bail on a lot of plays, as Wilson often does in his game footage. Start Hoyer or Bridgewater or Nick Mullens for a bit and let Wilson work his way into it. If he starts early and gets smacked around, that rookie contract business isn’t going to come into play anyway

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The compiler would compile more yards then Emmitt Smith didn't work out well for you..LOL

Bringing up inaccurate predictions from when I used to have hope only proves the foolishness of the hopeful prediction 

These are the Jets. Hope in one hand piss in the other and see which fills up first 

Becton is his only decent move 

Huff is terrible. McGovern is average and half those guys you listed haven't played yet 

Mims missed 7 games with his hamstring that's not a win either 

The Jamalcontent trade was one of the best in recent history.  The Sam trade was more than solid.   Pretty good FA signings this offseason.  Even your good arguments lose so much credibility as a result of your refusal to acknowledge the stuff that doesn't fit your narrative.

• Upvote 2

If Wilsons arm was so amazing he could prove it with an mph radar gun reading 

Lets be honest he has a live arm but he's not Josh Allen 

Knock on DeShaun Watson was lack of velocity in the combine. Turned out that wasn’t a problem in the league. His sexual perversion? Little troublesome. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OL’s take time to figure it out, even when it’s a pack of veterans. If they do draft OL at 23, there’s no harm in letting that group gel with a vet QB taking the snaps early on. Wilson’s biggest strength is allegedly his off-script/off-platform stuff, and I’d imagine it’d be harder for a new OL to learn the business in front of a guy who’s going to bail on a lot of plays, as Wilson often does in his game footage. Start Hoyer or Bridgewater or Nick Mullens for a bit and let Wilson work his way into it. If he starts early and gets smacked around, that rookie contract business isn’t going to come into play anyway

Don't think we will be willing to pay Bridgewater and, if he has a say, he won't want to come to a team where he knows he's a bridge.  I guess I could live with Mullens for a few games.  Would HATE to see Hoyer start for us this year though.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when he starts out by sucking ass. Add to that, the kid looks like he’s an emo mush with a Lavar Ball-type dad, and it all adds up to Tim Couch. Start Bridgewater or Mullens or whoever for a year.

truth.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know that it benefits him or the team to put him out there to hand off 35 times per game. He’s not even physically ready to survive in the NFL. Let someone else take the beating, then slide him in if/when it looks like he and the offense can compete. What’s the rush?

It’s tough and not ideal to start a rookie QB on a bad team OR to waste 1 year of his rookie deal with no other viable QB on the roster. By not having a half competent vet, it will probably hurt the development of the rest of the offense. It’s just a bit of a messy situation is all. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What I'm saying is that it's 2 overall show me the receipts 

He's probably a 4.8 player which is like decent but not amazing for his height 

In general I don't like it when players don't work out. Everyone else runs and with this pick everyone is being very casual with wilsons physical attributes 

It's almost like we don't want to look too close 

Id prefer he worked out too but its not really a big deal.

And btw - Rogers ran 4.71 and Mahomes ran 4.8.  Wilson is being picked due to his arm strength and accuracy so if he is a "4.8 guy" then I really dont see how thats a problem

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's interesting that this site doesn't really agree on anything...

Except I can't think of anyone that thinks we should be throwing this kid out there to start the season.  Especially considering we've only added a #2 WR to the least talented offense in the NFL.

And if our fans have it their way - we're going to take a CB at #23.

I thought the overall opinion was to start him? Many fans want a good season and to be very competitive but they can’t have it both ways. If you start Morgan or some sh*tty vet, that’s going to impact the overall record and we won’t be as good. I’m fine with not being good next year as long as theirs a lot of progress and gelling. I’m just saying based on what I’ve been seeing, many people want to start him day 1 or not start him and still go 8-8 next year, without any other QB on the roster. I don’t get it is all. 

37 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Jamalcontent trade was one of the best in recent history.  The Sam trade was more than solid.   Pretty good FA signings this offseason.  Even your good arguments lose so much credibility as a result of your refusal to acknowledge the stuff that doesn't fit your narrative.

Yeah but what about Ryan Khalil? 

Hmmmmm?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Id prefer he worked out too but its not really a big deal.

And btw - Rogers ran 4.71 and Mahomes ran 4.8.  Wilson is being picked due to his arm strength and accuracy so if he is a "4.8 guy" then I really dont see how thats a problem

He doesn’t have elite GPS stats. 

Kind of like heel clicks but for geo-location. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Hmmm So it would be better if the team that won the bowl got the 1st pick in the draft??

That’s not what I’m saying at all. In a “perfect” world, a rebuilding team would ideally have a functional offense and good O-line/offensive system in place first with an average at best defense due to the favored allocation of resources to the offense. This favored allocation would be in anticipation of inevitably drafting a young QB and wanting him to be in a good offense with protection to develop. The team would still be sub .500 at this point and able to draft a young QB with good draft position. You don’t need the top pick of the draft to get a starting  caliber QB.

Then you focus on building out the defense as your young QB grows in a good environment.  That’s the ideal way to do things in my opinion. I wanted to trade down this year given the demand for our pick and the state of this roster. I don’t think it’s bad that we are going to draft a top QB prospect. I just don’t think it’s completely ideal but nothing ever is. 

29 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

man

every post is about the way the kid looks

this is getting weird for grown ass men to be this concerned with the aesthetics of our future QB

people need to grow up and move past that ASAP

Reading this forum, half the time feels like I accidentally stumbled into bearsratetwinks.com

• Haha 1

For all those worried...troubled...about Wilson as QB NYJ.  Here's a guy who is concerned too.  Though definitely more for ZW becoming a Jets QB then about Wilson's abilities.  He knows Jets coach Knapp, who I believe is the Jets QB coach.  And he trusts this guy.

I just happened to listen to this now.  Steve Young on Wilson to the Jets take.  It starts at the 3:58 mark to around 11:56...

Editing here...also starts up again around 15:38

Download video
Download video

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree with sitting since this team is trash and they are installing a new system but I would still start him and just run the ball a TON. Regardless of success. This will be an easy way to have the team gel and let him get the feel of live NFL action. They have to be very conservative given how horrible this team is. That’s why I hate drafting young QBs into terrible situations. 

running the ball like that will demoralize this team. so were just going to throw away games? you think the team will be fine with that?

that would be like tanking.

58 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I thought the overall opinion was to start him? Many fans want a good season and to be very competitive but they can’t have it both ways. If you start Morgan or some sh*tty vet, that’s going to impact the overall record and we won’t be as good. I’m fine with not being good next year as long as theirs a lot of progress and gelling. I’m just saying based on what I’ve been seeing, many people want to start him day 1 or not start him and still go 8-8 next year, without any other QB on the roster. I don’t get it is all. 

hmm..I didn't notice that - but for sure I could be mistaken.

I think starting him this year is short sighted for sure.  But I'm trusting JD until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 1

None of what he says is even relevant so long as JOE DOUGLAS keeps up his end of the bargain... I wonder if Zach Wilson will be able to adjust to the speed of the NFL. However, my largest worry is, "Will Joe Douglas draft well THIS year?" That's the ultimate determining factor in any young QB's development. IF Joe Douglas can not only draft well THIS year which includes having draft choices that IMMEDIATELY become contributors when they hit the field, but also gets better contributions from Mims, Crowder, etc., then Zach Wilson may or may not fail but it won't have anything to do with the JETS and their poor handling of the situation. There's only ONE way to prepare for a young QB. Give him a great supporting cast and HOPE he catches on.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when he starts out by sucking ass. Add to that, the kid looks like he’s an emo mush with a Lavar Ball-type dad, and it all adds up to Tim Couch. Start Bridgewater or Mullens or whoever for a year.
But there's nothing Joe can do about the Jets situation. It is what it is. The only thing Joe can do is DRAFT well and put a great supporting cast around him.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app