JETS WILL LOVE HIM: HOW ZACH WILSON BURST ONTO THE NFL DRAFT SCENE.

It’s a great article, just hope he can play against the big boys.

it’s funny how fields did the best on some test  out of 2500 athletes who took it 

Mac Jones had a photographic memory 

Zach Wilson Wilson works hard

The one thing I hope Wilson keeps when he enters the NFL is that chip on his shoulder...or that wristband...that says "prove them wrong".   That attitude will help him through the rough times that this sport can put you through.

One thing's for sure...he's gonna have to prove it to the naysayers here at JN.  As for me...as soon as he puts on the Green & White...he's my QB.  Just go on that football field and ball baby ball.     

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like that he seems to have a bottomless appetite for putting in the work and embraces being a leader. People confuse a qb being a good teammate (like Darnold and Sanchez) with leadership. They are very different qualities. 

One of the better posts on the board this month.

It's a subtle difference, leadership and being a good teammate, but it matters significantly.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

The one thing I hope Wilson keeps when he enters the NFL is that chip on his shoulder...or that wristband...that says "prove them wrong".   That attitude will help him through the rough times that this sport can put you through.

One thing's for sure...he's gonna have to prove it to the naysayers here at JN.  As for me...as soon as he puts on the Green & White...he's my QB.  Just go on that football field and ball baby ball.     

The chip does not go away. 

• Sympathy 1

It’s gonna take Zack a few years to gain confidence and take total control of the team but he can take some good steps towards that goal in his first season.  We should’ not expect miracles but we do expect to see progress and potential and some results.

• Upvote 1

People need to calm down. No amount of pre-draft hype is going to change anything about what Wilson will do in the NFL. It's just causing some people to get emotionally defensive about anything and everything Wilson. It will be just like it was with Darnold.. they will be the ones who do the hardest turn on him and post threads about how he didn't say goodbye to them when he got traded.

Wilson will be good or he won't. Support him, but falling in love with any one player / coach / gm / etc just blinds. It is how you end up with Mac rebuilding his own rebuild and selecting a QB like Darnold (who needed to sit for a year and be brought along slowly to have any chance at being a successful NFL QB) end up like he did..

Some posters may need to be reminded that they full on believed in Darnold as the chosen one..

https://www.conquestchronicles.com/2018/4/23/17269468/2018-nfl-draft-scouting-reports-sam-darnold-qb-usc

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018SDarnold.php

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/nfl-jets-sam-darnold-tony-romo-best-quarterback

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/sam-darnold-usc-pro-day-draft-cleveland-browns-mmqb

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, peebag said:

Lol. This kid is going to get eaten alive.

6 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Great read. Clearly, his handlers have honed in on messaging on work ethic and passion for the game. Smart strategy. 

Based n the article, I’m not sure which of these posts is dumber. 

37 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

You can watch the first throw mentioned in the article at about the 8 minute mark.  Not hard to guess that Andre Ware loves ZW

Thats one hell of a pass he gets off as hes ready to get smashed by the DL

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, flgreen said:

Wilson combines preparation with confidence and talent to deliver for his team. Teammates and coaches describe him as a film junkie whose preparation puts him ahead of others. Add that to incredible ability and a swagger that makes those around him believe and you have a package that has brought Wilson from a scrawny, under-recruited high school quarterback to the brink of being the (baby) face of an NFL franchise.

Did Mike Wilson write this? 

29 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Watched the Herbstreit show QB21 last night. Zach looks like he is 15 yo. Looks like he should be picking out a suit for Jr Prom not the NFL draft.

I saw that, the way he ended the interview too, so awkward.  I really wish I could be a fly on the wall for his first walk into the Jets locker room and the look on every players face when they see this kid and realize that's the face of the franchise.