Is Mac Jones always that awkward and dopey?

What was up with the say this guy walked and moved?  He loooked like an old school caricature or an awkward kind of throw back. Was he always like that on the field? 

I get that bellicheck and the bots have this image of genius but didn’t Brady abs the pasta performance kind of disprove this? Not sure Jones is the answer here  

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

What was up with the say this guy walked and moved?  He loooked like an old school caricature or an awkward kind of throw back. Was he always like that on the field? 

I get that bellicheck and the bots have this image of genius but didn’t Brady abs the pasta performance kind of disprove this? Not sure Jones is the answer here  

He did look a bit like a cranky uncle.

How do people feel about him? I thought he was gonna be like. 2nd/3rd round pick during the college football season last fall. The fact he went so high was kinda surprising to me. I don’t think he’ll have much success in that offense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

How do people feel about him? I thought he was gonna be like. 2nd/3rd round pick during the college football season last fall. The fact he went so high was kinda surprising to me. I don’t think he’ll have much success in that offense.

Not with that WR Corp sans Edelman. TE’s and RB. I give BB 2 more years 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

• Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Are you homophobic? What's the point? I know some gay individuals that served this country honorably, does it make them lesser soldiers due to their sexual orientation? Grow up!

Where exactly in my post did you read homophobia? And what does your gay military buddies have to do with the price of tea?
I merely signaled to the fact that he has a video floating around of him wasted beyond wasted in a gay bar.

If you wanna virtue signal talk about the fact that if it were Trey Lance or Justin Fields with 2 DUI’s swept under the rug by a connected coach, would they have been drafted in the first round at all
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Where exactly in my post did you read homophobia? And what does your gay military buddies have to do with the price of tea?
I merely signaled to the fact that he has a video floating around of him wasted beyond wasted in a gay bar.

If you wanna virtue signal talk about the fact that if it were Trey Lance or Justin Fields with 2 DUI’s swept under the rug by a connected coach, would they have been drafted in the first round at all

He had two DUI's? 

I was only aware of one. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not with that WR Corp sans Edelman. TE’s and RB. I give BB 2 more years 

FQBs make their own weapons. If he’s good he will be fine. If not, Hopkins couldn’t change that.

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

People used to say the same sh*t about Sonny Jurgensen.  Weird body, walks funny. He could also throw the ball through a brick wall.  Let's wait on making comments about the Pat's new QB until Zach is out classing him. 

His tailor didnt take enough room out in the seat. He's got child bearing hips too. 

12 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

People used to say the same sh*t about Sonny Jurgensen.  Weird body, walks funny. He could also throw the ball through a brick wall.  Let's wait on making comments about the Pat's new QB until Zach is out classing him. 

People said Sonny was the best pure passer in the NFL.  Nobody is saying that about Mac. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He'll be starting by week 6 and do very well.

BB will be putting a gun in his mouth trying to decide between Jones and Stidham by week 6.  He'll put the gun down and call the 49ers and see if he can get Garraollo back.

14 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Agreed on all of this.  But I still laughed.  Sorry, couldn't help it.

38 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Dubious. We've seen this show before with too many college QB's from high flying offenses who crap the bed in the NFL. Jones is limited. The NFL will reveal that.

He puts the ball where it needs to be on time and on target.  t doesn't matter how open guys are if the Qb cannot hit them and hit them in stride.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Dubious. We've seen this show before with too many college QB's from high flying offenses who crap the bed in the NFL. Jones is limited. The NFL will reveal that.

Counterpoint -- Mac Jones has played against defenses with more talent than BYU's opponents by several orders of magnitude.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Counterpoint -- Mac Jones has played against defenses with more talent than BYU's opponents by several orders of magnitude.

I like that leading posts with "Counterpoint" may be catching on.  Not sure if I started it, but I'll take it.  lol.