Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just bought some at 10.60. Will I take a bath? 

I’m more tempered at that price bc I’m conservative...meaning the Hedge fund/primarily Citadel has been shorting it since pre-January, when it was initially halted. Due to illegal short ladder attacks and using synthetic/fake shares through dark pool, they’ve been able to keep it down. However $9 is the floor where there’s too much buying pressure. If it squeezes you’re good regardless. If Citadel still has ammunition to fight the squeeze it could go back down into the $9’s for more time. If it does, you can always average down. The short interest % went from 13 last week to 26 Friday and then 48 to 56 to 62% today...some saying to 70+. When GME squeezed it was at 82%. To give you confidence you made a good buy:

Over 3.2M shareholders 

Most shorted stock on market 

Retail owns float 3 times over 

Shorted shares over 100M and estimated 1B synthetic/dark pool 

Company financially set, no chance of bankruptcy 

worst case w no squeeze it’s still a $15-$20 stock end of summer or post covid 

And here if you don’t believe me 

51169723217_e6ef66196f_c.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m more tempered at that price bc I’m conservative...meaning the Hedge fund/primarily Citadel has been shorting it since pre-January, when it was initially halted. Due to illegal short ladder attacks and using synthetic/fake shares through dark pool, they’ve been able to keep it down. However $9 is the floor where there’s too much buying pressure. If it squeezes you’re good regardless. If Citadel still has ammunition to fight the squeeze it could go back down into the $9’s for more time. If it does, you can always average down. The short interest % went from 13 last week to 26 Friday and then 48 to 56 to 62% today...some saying to 70+. When GME squeezed it was at 82%. To give you confidence you made a good buy:

Over 3.2M shareholders 

Most shorted stock on market 

Retail owns float 3 times over 

Shorted shares over 100M and estimated 1B synthetic/dark pool 

Company financially set, no chance of bankruptcy 

worst case w no squeeze it’s still a $15-$20 stock

And here is you don’t believe me 

51169723217_e6ef66196f_c.jpg

I believe you. Thank you, my man.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I believe you. Thank you, my man.

Just don’t get too worried about the price action, especially in after hours, there’s volatility. It closed at 9.75. Even if they can still drag it back down it won’t be less than in $9’s (if lower it will get gobbled up quickly) The squeeze is imminent at this point imo. Their Mark to martlet losses are astronomical and their short interest % skyrocketed today. Also, it has the largest group of retail investors hellbent on NOT selling until squeeze. Just a matter of when. I’ve been highly invested here for 3 months and watch daily. Nothing is a sure thing in stock market but risk/reward is an A+ buy.  Especially given how sh*tty the rest of market has been anyway.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think DOGE will drop to .40 now. If it breaks below .40 it could get ugly but there should be some support there.

.40 seems to be the floor right now, it goes in the 30s but seems to pick back up after that. I read that there is a large volume at .61 so if it gets back up there that will trigger more selling.

I sold a bunch in the 50's. Still have a bunch more. But I was okay going to the moon when to me the moon was buying at .05 and hoping this thing hit .25.  I had limit market orders set at .75 and .85 but it didn't get that high yet.

I basically took a bunch of profit and diversified into more Bitcoin and ETH.  Even bought Coinbase which had a big day today.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

You guys should buy BTT before it hits a couple of pennies. 

Hey I removed that link. I can't have the site be responsible in any way for people signing up and possibly investing \ losing money.

This is just a thread to talk about stuff.  No affiliate links please.  Thanks.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

.40 seems to be the floor right now, it goes in the 30s but seems to pick back up after that. I read that there is a large volume at .61 so if it gets back up there that will trigger more selling.

I sold a bunch in the 50's. Still have a bunch more. But I was okay going to the moon when to me the moon was buying at .05 and hoping this thing hit .25.  I had limit market orders set at .75 and .85 but it didn't get that high yet.

I basically took a bunch of profit and diversified into more Bitcoin and ETH.  Even bought Coinbase which had a big day today.

And for the record, I do realize that 0 is the actual floor LOL!  .40 was more me hoping that is the floor.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Bitcoin minning is an environmental disaster.   Bitcoin is now the currency of ransom wear companies, one of whom just created a massive gas shortage in the Southeast.  

The corporate world is not going to accept a currency that is a massive polluter just to produce it and is the currency of choice by those looking to extort money from the corporate world.   Not to mention using computer banks to mine currency as oppossed to doing something productive will ultimate reduce economic growth.  It's unsustainable to use energy and computing power to print money.  

Of course just like tulips, pet rocks and other investment schemes as long as their is a market people will make and lose money trading it. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, Musk relentlessly pans crypto on SNL and then Tesla stops accepting Bitcoin because it’s “mining” generates too much carbon dioxide. Hmmmm.... I’d bet dollars to donuts Musk had a sizable short sell bet before his SNL appearance.

He might have but he's also in the business of selling cars that reduce carbon pollution.   Accepting Bitcoin is a pretty good way to offset the reason people are buying Tesla's.  They will still be cool cars but their won't be any virtue signalling by owning one.

• Upvote 1

@Barry McCockinner gives really good advice. When DOGE was taking off he gave me the pep talk. Been there, done that, take profits. I waited a bit and I took a bunch of profits. I still own a lot but damn as this thing dipped back down in the upper 30 cent range -- I am happy I listened to Barry.

Barry you now have one get out of ban free card.  Use it wisely.  :)

• Haha 3

On 5/13/2021 at 6:48 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

So, Musk relentlessly pans crypto on SNL and then Tesla stops accepting Bitcoin because it’s “mining” generates too much carbon dioxide. Hmmmm.... I’d bet dollars to donuts Musk had a sizable short sell bet before his SNL appearance.

He knew exactly what he was doing - I love it - and my guess is he simply wanted to f**k w/ jonny-come-lately institutional players, show them who's boss. 

I mean one tweet and DOGE goes from 0.35 to .50 in minutes. Amazing. 

Solid & easy to digest info here regarding Musk's comments: Bitcoin, Mining, and Elon Musk - this issue is media and personality driven. Bitcoin and proof of work is here to stay.   

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2021 at 7:04 AM, Biggs said:

Bitcoin minning is an environmental disaster.   Bitcoin is now the currency of ransom wear companies, one of whom just created a massive gas shortage in the Southeast.  

The corporate world is not going to accept a currency that is a massive polluter just to produce it and is the currency of choice by those looking to extort money from the corporate world.   Not to mention using computer banks to mine currency as oppossed to doing something productive will ultimate reduce economic growth.  It's unsustainable to use energy and computing power to print money.  

Of course just like tulips, pet rocks and other investment schemes as long as their is a market people will make and lose money trading it. 

Sorry, but this is pure fluff. 

US based miners (typically in the Southeast) have access to very inexpensive energy - almost all of it used is surplus. Big crypto data centers cut sweetheart deals with power companies and can cut deals to acquire 1.25-1.5 cents per kw of electricity - they then turn around to BIG miners and resell for 3-5 cents. If you could snap your finger and go back to 2013 - all that electricity potential still be being created - and going unused. 

My point is, miners are not pushing the grid whatsoever. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Sorry, but this is pure fluff. 

US based miners (typically in the Southeast) have access to very inexpensive energy - almost all of it used is surplus. Big crypto data centers cut sweetheart deals with power companies and can cut deals to acquire 1.25-1.5 cents per kw of electricity - they then turn around to BIG miners and resell for 3-5 cents. If you could snap your finger and go back to 2013 - all that electricity potential still be being created - and going unused. 

My point is, miners are not pushing the grid whatsoever. 

Your confusing the price of energy with energy consumption.  

Just now, Jet Life said:

There’s a reason Elon even said he didn’t sell any of his Bitcoin. Watch what they do not what they say 

71F1FB9C-DFCE-4AEA-AF80-5B6897281BB4.jpeg

7284240A-4DEF-41D1-83E7-C874CBF3F60A.jpeg

Are you actually comparing the energy consumption of the banking system which is used by almost ever human in the world?  Gold is an energy hog but unlike bitcoin it's also used for other purposes besides a store of currency value.  Bitcoin is used by a small group of speculators and uses as much energy as some small countries with over 10 million people.  Not to mention the waste of computing power that could be doing something productive.

FYI Colonial pipeline paid a 5 million dollar ransom to Russian extortionist using Bitcoin.  

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Are you actually comparing the energy consumption of the banking system which is used by almost ever human in the world?  Gold is an energy hog but unlike bitcoin it's also used for other purposes besides a store of currency value.  Bitcoin is used by a small group of speculators and uses as much energy as some small countries with over 10 million people.  Not to mention the waste of computing power that could be doing something productive.

FYI Colonial pipeline paid a 5 million dollar ransom to Russian extortionist using Bitcoin.  

I think the point is that the bitcoin monetary network is more energy efficient than legacy systems. The amount of energy used doesn't increase with the number of people using bitcoin either. So it would be more energy efficient if the world moved onto the bitcoin monetary system and ditched coal, I mean the legacy banking system.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think the point is that the bitcoin monetary network is more energy efficient than legacy systems. The amount of energy used doesn't increase with the number of people using bitcoin either. So it would be more energy efficient if the world moved onto the bitcoin monetary system and ditched coal, I mean the legacy banking system.

The banking system you're comparing it to isn't the printing press.  Bitcoin mining isn't capital formation it's a very energy intensive printing press.  Banks aren't currency.  They are part of capital formation for the entire economy.  Bitcoin is simply a store of value based on speculators.   Wait until it's regulated by every country on the planet.  

If I want to borrow Bittcoin to purchase a house what's the interest rate, who's handling the continuing transactions?  Which mobster is coming to break my legs if I miss a payment and are they driving an electric car or a muscle car?

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The banking system you're comparing it to isn't the printing press.  Bitcoin mining isn't capital formation it's a very energy intensive printing press.  Banks aren't currency.  They are part of capital formation for the entire economy.  Bitcoin is simply a store of value based on speculators.   Wait until it's regulated by every country on the planet.  

If I want to borrow Bittcoin to purchase a house what's the interest rate, who's handling the continuing transactions?  Which mobster is coming to break my legs if I miss a payment and are they driving an electric car or a muscle car?

The legacy banking system will be replaced by crypto in time. It is still in it's infancy. There is an entire decentralized financial ecosystem being built in the crypto space right now. One that does not allow a central bank or corrupt government to make irresponsible monetary decisions like we've seen going on in the US over the past 50 years since we went away from the gold standard. The government steals from the people using these systems by consistently devaluing their money. 

You can take out a loan today in the crypto space using companies like https://celsius.network/ but you have to use crypto as collateral. These type of companies also offer much better interest rates than the traditional banking system does. It has a long way to go before a mortgage can be taken out in the way you can from the legacy system today but I believe it will eventually get there as we see more adoption from nation states like we are already seeing in places like Africa. When crypto ID systems are more widely accepted credit systems will be shortly behind allowing for more traditional loan types in the space.

In 10 years I think you'll see most, if not all, of what can be done in the legacy banking system done more efficiently in the crypto space. And it will all be a net negative in total energy consumed.

23 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I'm doing well with AMC today and yesterday. Stock jumped after they have more cash on hand. Also bought discovery. Their network is doing well with the new streaming service.

Bought some AMC on @HessStation’s advice and it’s really blowing up. I wish I bought more, but I know that @HessStation is a sadist who would take great pleasure in ruining me

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The legacy banking system will be replaced by crypto in time. It is still in it's infancy. There is an entire decentralized financial ecosystem being built in the crypto space right now. One that does not allow a central bank or corrupt government to make irresponsible monetary decisions like we've seen going on in the US over the past 50 years since we went away from the gold standard. The government steals from the people using these systems by consistently devaluing their money. 

You can take out a loan today in the crypto space using companies like https://celsius.network/ but you have to use crypto as collateral. These type of companies also offer much better interest rates than the traditional banking system does. It has a long way to go before a mortgage can be taken out in the way you can from the legacy system today but I believe it will eventually get there as we see more adoption from nation states like we are already seeing in places like Africa. When crypto ID systems are more widely accepted credit systems will be shortly behind allowing for more traditional loan types in the space.

In 10 years I think you'll see most, if not all, of what can be done in the legacy banking system done more efficiently in the crypto space.

We just had a 5 million dollar public extortion using Crypto.  Calling our central bank curropt when this currency is being used to publicly extort money from essentilal infrastructure is priceless. 

I'm a capatilist but unregulated currency isn't going to get rid of curroption.  The world I live in has had the single greatest growth of middle class people during my lifetime than in the entire history of the planet.   That's with curropt governments and currency manipulation.  

I wish you good luck with it.  It's certainly an interesting development.   Personally I wasn't a fan of the gold standard and thought getting rid of it unleashed amazing global growth and an increase in the living standards of 100's of millions living in abject poverty to middle class status.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We just had a 5 million dollar public extortion using Crypto.  Calling our central bank curropt when this currency is being used to publicly extort money from essentilal infrastructure is priceless. 

I'm a capatilist but unregulated currency isn't going to get rid of curroption.  The world I live in has had the single greatest growth of middle class people during my lifetime than in the entire history of the planet.   That's with curropt governments and currency manipulation.  

Extortion was invented in 2009 when Satoshi Nakamoto released bitcoin.

A private company not securing their network is not the fault of crypto technology.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Bitcoin has more transaction volume than the visa network and is the 8th largest asset by market cap, so Id argue it’s not just used by a small group of speculators. And the crime argument also falls flat because crime has been around long before Bitcoin and a criminals will still go to the ATM and buy drugs etc. HSBC laundered billions for the Mexican cartels. If you don’t believe in crypto that’s fine though , everyone has the right to their opinion 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Bitcoin has more transaction volume than the visa network and is the 8th largest asset by market cap, so Id argue it’s not just used by a small group of speculators. And the crime argument also falls flat because crime has been around long before Bitcoin and a criminals will still go to the ATM and buy drugs etc. HSBC laundered billions for the Mexican cartels. If you don’t believe in crypto that’s fine though , everyone has the right to their opinion 

I've never believed in buying gold either.  I hope you all do well with it if you're investing in it.  Just a caution.  Market cap by itself isn't a reason to invest in anything.  It's future earnings and risk that your investing in.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Your confusing the price of energy with energy consumption.  

No I am not. The supply is abundant. And I'm directly addressing someone calling Bitcoin an "environmental disaster", which is so off the mark it's reckless.