Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

39 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Be careful... when it goes, it will be fast...  take profit as it goes up. 

Took some profit for the first time last night at .49. Had a limit sell order in which hit at 5am. Not even 24 hours later it is at .68. 

Insane.

• Upvote 1

image.png.036b290a13dc9706a74019a6a87b0cf8.png

The value is completely artificial based on manufactured speculative demand. And I'm not even sure you can call it speculative, because there is no basis for it to EVER have value. It's like investing in Bernie Madoff's fund because your friend did and had a great return. None of it is real.

A wise dearly departed friend always use to say that when it comes to investments if it seems to good to be true, it most definitely is a bad investment.

• Upvote 4

All of these are pump and dump schemes that are quite divorced from fundamentals.  It’s very 2006 like, except this time it’s in stocks and not derivatives and real estate.

if you like to gamble, knock yourselves out.  Just don’t bet the kids college funds.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Took some profit for the first time last night at .49. Had a limit sell order in which hit at 5am. Not even 24 hours later it is at .68. 

Insane.

Maybe early but you see how fast that came down... this is the beginning... it might come close to $1 but some big hands are selling

You know, when we start discussing investment opportunities on Jetsnation.com....

all i can say is, take the money and run!

"Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don't produce anything. They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem. In terms of value: zero." - W Buffett

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You know, when we start discussing investment opportunities on Jetsnation.com....

"Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don't produce anything. They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem. In terms of value: zero." - W Buffett

You can actually buy things with Doge, it’s become a form of currency, you can pay for your Dallas Mavericks tickets with it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

There have been thousands of millionaires created in the blockchain and the crypto space in the last 5 years.  Buffet is old school.  He is by no means an authority on this.   Do your own due diligence before you pass on a fortune.  We are basically talking about the deregulation of money and finance (Defi) as we know it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I been looking into this. Have not the slightest clue about buying stock in cryptocurrency but would like to learn and make a few bucks back once I figure which ones to invest in at which time. Will take some time studying it’s habits.

The easiest way is to create a coinbase account to get you started. They're reputable and trade many coins and cash, although not the one in this discussion. But, it can give you exposure cryptocurrency. At one point I had accounts with many others exchanges (for specific coins), now I'm too lazy to manage them like I used too. Check it out, you can see some good info on app.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

same with federal promissory notes... so take that quote with a grain of salt

• Upvote 1

The only way you should mess with imaginary coins in my opinion is to set a number you can live without maybe 20 bucks maybe 100 bucks whatever your situation allows buy it and walk away and don't look at it again. If it spikes up big you will hear about it from someone else and you can sell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The only way you should mess with imaginary coins in my opinion is to set a number you can live without maybe 20 bucks maybe 100 bucks whatever your situation allows buy it and walk away and don't look at it again. If it spikes up big you will hear about it from someone else and you can sell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

If 'Imaginary' coins as you put it have no value... then neither does a dollar bill.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

If 'Imaginary' coins as you put it have no value... then neither does a dollar bill.

A dollar Bill is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, backed by the U.S. Economy and productivity. 

It is the worlds reserve currency.

Most rational folks understand there is a world of difference between the U.S. Dollar, and asset-unsupported Dogecoins or Bitcoins or "the CC of the moment".  The only value propping these up is the hot air of those talking about them.  Hence the massive volatillity in their markets.

Enjoy the profit taking now, sure, just be mindful the entire cryptocurrency thing is not likely to be a sound long-term investment.  Another crash is assuredly inbound as we speak.

Alot of folks are going to make serious bank in the short run, and alot more are going to lose a literal ton in the long run.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A dollar Bill is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, backed by the U.S. Economy and productivity. 

It is the worlds reserve currency.

Most rational folks understand there is a world of difference between the U.S. Dollar, and asset-unsupported Dogecoins or Bitcoins or "the CC of the moment".  The only value propping these up is the hot air of those talking about them.  Hence the massive volatillity in their markets.

Enjoy the profit taking now, sure, just be mindful the entire cryptocurrency thing is not likely to be a sound long-term investment.  Another crash is assuredly inbound as we speak.

Alot of folks are going to make serious bank in the short run, and alot more are going to lose a literal ton in the long run.

Crypto is going to replace the dollar bill... not in its current form... but enjoy those dollars while you can because they are going to become a thing of the past soon. 

Fiat dollar is only backed by banks and only till its not... look at foreign countries whose economies have crashed and see how much those 'dollars' are. 

What you consider stable has slowly been dismantled when they stopped backing the value of it with physical objects... now the ONLY reason you consider it 'safe' is because you have faith that your gov't will keep the value of that dollar and continue to back it. When the gov't starts its own Crypto... the dollar bill will end up being a piece of paper. 

So you can bash Crypto all you want, but the reality is that thing you consider safe, is no safer then crypto and maybe even less so as time goes on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

There have been thousands of millionaires created in the blockchain and the crypto space in the last 5 years.  Buffet is old school.  He is by no means an authority on this.   Do your own due diligence before you pass on a fortune.  We are basically talking about the deregulation of money and finance (Defi) as we know it. 

What gives cryptocurrency value?

My feeling is that people are counting golden eggs while the barn slowly burns to the ground.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Crypto is going to replace the dollar bill... not in its current form... but enjoy those dollars while you can because they are going to become a thing of the past soon. 

Fiat dollar is only backed by banks and only till its not... look at foreign countries whose economies have crashed and see how much those 'dollars' are. 

What you consider stable has slowly been dismantled when they stopped backing the value of it with physical objects... now the ONLY reason you consider it 'safe' is because you have faith that your gov't will keep the value of that dollar and continue to back it. When the gov't starts its own Crypto... the dollar bill will end up being a piece of paper. 

So you can bash Crypto all you want, but the reality is that thing you consider safe, is no safer then crypto and maybe even less so as time goes on. 

This

The most forgotten thing in the history of this country is how the government bankrupted the country and had to bend the knee to JP Morgan getting the country away from the only safe backing Gold.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

My feeling is that people are counting golden eggs while the barn slowly burns to the ground.

Billionaires who are investing heavily in them and giving people a platform to spend their coins like at Tesla and Amazon.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Here’s some financial advice: if you slowly burn an egg, you get an omelette.........what are we talking about again?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I'm not bashing Crypto per se, and I don't think the Dollar is 100% "safe" per se either. 

With that said, no, I don't think it's "going away" any time soon.

If you want to get your paycheck in Dogecoin, be my guest my friend, invest however and in whatever you see fit.  I hope you don't lose too much in all that instability and volatility or in the next crypto crash.

Personally, I like Land.  

• Upvote 2